Louisville Man Accused of Shooting at Police Appears in Court

  1. #1
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    48,546

    Louisville Man Accused of Shooting at Police Appears in Court

    Interesting that this man survived this encounter to even appear in court, but Iím sure thereís some perfectly good reason he wasnít shot on sight.

    Man accused of opening fire on police officers with an air rifle - WDRB 41 Louisville News
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,051

    Old Oscar Walters. He’s made a national name for himself.

  3. #3
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,888

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Interesting that this man survived this encounter to even appear in court, but I’m sure there’s some perfectly good reason he wasn’t shot on sight.

    Man accused of opening fire on police officers with an air rifle - WDRB 41 Louisville News
    People survive encounters like this with police all the time. Very rarely do police actually kill someone during any encounter.

  4. #4
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    48,546

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    People survive encounters like this with police all the time. Very rarely do police actually kill someone during any encounter.
    We've been discussing a man who allegedly had a weapon, was threatened with violence and ultimately killed by police before they verified he had a weapon. This man raised, pointed at, and fired a weapon at police and wasn't even shot at?

    I don't understand...

  5. #5
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    15,781

    Looks like poor Oscar took a beating from the cops. Iím demanding we see the cops video to see why they beat him so hard. Just doesnít seem right to beat up an old man like that. No way he didnít listen to the commands they gave him and the gun was just an air gun.

  6. #6
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    48,546

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Looks like poor Oscar took a beating from the cops. I’m demanding we see the cops video to see why they beat him so hard. Just doesn’t seem right to beat up an old man like that. No way he didn’t listen to the commands they gave him and the gun was just an air gun.
    Why do you say that?

  7. #7
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,634

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    We've been discussing a man who allegedly had a weapon, was threatened with violence and ultimately killed by police before they verified he had a weapon. This man raised, pointed at, and fired a weapon at police and wasn't even shot at?

    I don't understand...
    Wait... I missed that they didnít even shoot at him.

    Let me get this straight: The man pointed and fired a weapon and they didnít fire at him after being told to drop the weapon?

    If there was ever a justified shooting...

  8. #8
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,888

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    We've been discussing a man who allegedly had a weapon, was threatened with violence and ultimately killed by police before they verified he had a weapon. This man raised, pointed at, and fired a weapon at police and wasn't even shot at?

    I don't understand...
    Every situation is different.

  9. #9
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    15,781

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Because every time a criminal gets his butt kicked by the cops the videos proved they had obeyed the cops demands, but for some reason they seem to get flogged anyway.

    The video will be conclusive and we will all agree.

  10. #10
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,972

    Sarcasm from TAC.

  11. #11
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    48,546

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    Every situation is different.
    Clearly.

    What, in your opinion, made these two scenarios different based on the information we have?

  12. #12
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,051

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Why do you say that?
    He’s being extremely sarcastic.

  13. #13
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,051

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Because every time a criminal gets his butt kicked by the cops the videos proved they had obeyed the cops demands, but for some reason they seem to get flogged anyway.

    The video will be conclusive and we will all agree.
    I keep forgetting about Tamir Riceís criminal record and the crime he committed when the cops shot him. I keep forgetting Philando Castileís crime as well. What were they again?

  14. #14
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,972

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Clearly.

    What, in your opinion, made these two scenarios different based on the information we have?
    Could it be anything other than the race of the two suspects? There are several factors that could be the reason. Time of day and visibility could be two factors contributing to the actions of the police. Race is another. Which factors are incidental and which are instrumental? Can you think of any factors that could be instrumental that do not involve race?

  15. #15
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,142

    At what point is a police officer justified in shooting a suspect?

    Does he have to see a weapon?

    Does he not only have to see a weapon but see the suspect pointing the weapon at him?

    If a police officer sees a weapon in a suspects hands pointed at the ground and tells the suspect repeatedly to drop the weapon and he does not drop it, at what point is the police officer justified in shooting the suspect?

    Is a police officer shooting a suspect ever justified if he shoots a suspect in the back?

Top