Lawsuit: Central HS football coach forced player to walk 1/2 mile in his underwear

Page 4 of Lawsuit claims Central H.S. football player was forced to walk half-mile in underwear | WDRB The lawsuit, brought against JCPS and various Central High... 58 comments | 4873 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    D
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    So sad. Just sounds like helicopter parents swinging their law degree and a stupid comment (or perhaps paraphrased with interpretations rather than actual words) from an AD totally unprepared to confront these parents. The shame is a lot of classroom money going to be diverted to defense attorneys. IMO.
    The money isn’t paid by the school district. If allegations are true fire them all the way to the top. Use their pensions for the payment.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    That was the first thing to come to mind when I read the quote. Not sure how anyone could be that stupid in that position to say something like that.

    I see it in my own school district. When brought to everyone’s attention it falls on deaf ears.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,264

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball1235 View Post
    D

    The money isn’t paid by the school district. If allegations are true fire them all the way to the top. Use their pensions for the payment.
    Don't think you are correct. Thought all school employees were indemnified fully in performing all their duties. Errors/lapse of judgement, etc. are fully covered with a deductible paid out of general funds.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Don't think you are correct. Thought all school employees were indemnified fully in performing all their duties. Errors/lapse of judgement, etc. are fully covered with a deductible paid out of general funds.
    You are correct. The money comes from a state insurance fund not the school district itself.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,264

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball1235 View Post
    You are correct. The money comes from a state insurance fund not the school district itself.
    And that fund takes education dollars to pay the premiums that are not going to our students but are redirected from the classroom. Frivolous, expensive shenanigans like this serve no purpose but muscle-flexing. IMO

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    And that fund takes education dollars to pay the premiums that are not going to our students but are redirected from the classroom. Frivolous, expensive shenanigans like this serve no purpose but muscle-flexing. IMO
    School districts should follow the guidelines and educate. Sounds to me like the coach is the least mature person on the field. Football is nothing but a tool for education of the student in life lessons. There should be accountability from coach and player. I’m fine with discipline, this act isn’t discipline. I bet if offered the pay out or all the coaches,AD, and super intendant firing they would choose the later. The school district won’t offer that cause the have to admit they hired the wrong guy and admit fault up the line. They will pay out to keep it all hush hush. I see it in my own school district. Cause the personal is immune they continue to allow these same kind as of actions.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,264

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball1235 View Post
    School districts should follow the guidelines and educate. Sounds to me like the coach is the least mature person on the field. Football is nothing but a tool for education of the student in life lessons. There should be accountability from coach and player. I’m fine with discipline, this act isn’t discipline. I bet if offered the pay out or all the coaches,AD, and super intendant firing they would choose the later. The school district won’t offer that cause the have to admit they hired the wrong guy and admit fault up the line. They will pay out to keep it all hush hush. I see it in my own school district. Cause the personal is immune they continue to allow these same kind as of actions.
    Maybe I missed it, but we have never heard the coach's side of the story. Might have been as simple as a smarting off trouble maker told to take his equipment off and leave the field. In his attempt to show-up the coach, he takes the message to the literal extreme and proudly stomps off. Then the helicopter dad with the law degree reinforces his infallible son with a lawsuit. Just saying, until I hear otherwise, I think this scenario is likely. Of course I grew up in a household if any of us got disciplined at school, we got disciplined at home and then we talked about what we did at school to get disciplined. I truly believe our teachers and coaches are right 99.5% of the time and the other 0.5% of the time they get the benefit of doubt.

  8. #53
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    “The world’s problems begin with the belief that some human lives are more important than others.”
    Posts
    29,047

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball1235 View Post
    School districts should follow the guidelines and educate. Sounds to me like the coach is the least mature person on the field. Football is nothing but a tool for education of the student in life lessons. There should be accountability from coach and player. I’m fine with discipline, this act isn’t discipline. I bet if offered the pay out or all the coaches,AD, and super intendant firing they would choose the later. The school district won’t offer that cause the have to admit they hired the wrong guy and admit fault up the line. They will pay out to keep it all hush hush. I see it in my own school district. Cause the personal is immune they continue to allow these same kind as of actions.
    So, because there is an accusation, it must be true?

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,751

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but we have never heard the coach's side of the story. Might have been as simple as a smarting off trouble maker told to take his equipment off and leave the field. In his attempt to show-up the coach, he takes the message to the literal extreme and proudly stomps off. Then the helicopter dad with the law degree reinforces his infallible son with a lawsuit. Just saying, until I hear otherwise, I think this scenario is likely. Of course I grew up in a household if any of us got disciplined at school, we got disciplined at home and then we talked about what we did at school to get disciplined. I truly believe our teachers and coaches are right 99.5% of the time and the other 0.5% of the time they get the benefit of doubt.
    Our parents must have been related.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    So, because there is an accusation, it must be true?
    No one said that. There has to be something.

  11. #56
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    “The world’s problems begin with the belief that some human lives are more important than others.”
    Posts
    29,047

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball1235 View Post
    No one said that. There has to be something.
    You just proved my point.

  12. #57
    silo11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    2,708

    2 sides to every story....I've only heard one side. I'll wait till I hear the other before rendering my personal judgement.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by silo11 View Post
    2 sides to every story....I've only heard one side. I'll wait till I hear the other before rendering my personal judgement.
    I doubt anyone will ever hear the other side. It will never make it to court.

  14. #59
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    805

    Any new word on this story? It's been awfully quiet, and I saw that the Central job certainly hasn't turned over this year...so is this suit still around? I believe the same attorney filed two separate suits against the coach/school/JCPS.

Top