Kroger to Start Selling Narcan Without Prescription

Page 6 of Kroger stores to sell Narcan without prescription in southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky - Story We've had a lot of talks about heroin, figured this dese... 161 comments | 7059 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Agree to disagree. That's your perception of our thinking but not how I view it.
    My perception is based on what people have said in this thread. It's pretty clear. "They knew..."
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    But what if it caused many more to try it for the first time because they new their buddy had some Narcan readily available, so if things went bad...no big deal?

    I'm a little naive to how it works, but that seems like a very plausible thing to happen.
    I doubt that this would be statistically significant. The first question to ask is: If your buddy has Narcan, then doesn't that say something about the peer group you hang with? In this case, trying Heroin is a matter of time, not a matter of Narcan availability....

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,399

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    No IMO those are unhealthy lifestyles that have long term impact on ones health. Not even remotely the same as using heroin. No one is going to die from eating 3 Big Macs in one sitting.
    Your reasoning is that they knew the risks they were taking. That is absolutely no different.

    It all goes back to the reasons behind the answer.

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,399

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Then you should know the answer to my questions was never. Which means comparing smoking to heroin use is pretty dumb. Most folks would realize that unless they're living under a rock at the bottom of the Pacific.

    The questions weren't relevant. What's relevant is how your reasoning applies to the situation.

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    1,192

    Sometimes when you play with fire, you get burned.

    Knock on the devils door enough, someone is going to answer.

    Its 2016, lets all feel bad for the idiot that played Russian Roulette, and lost.

    Cheers.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    There are known risks using chainsaws.
    Known risks in using guns for hunting.
    Known risks riding four-wheelers.

    If you subscribe to the "well they knew the risk..." then you pass on saving these people.

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,399

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    When's the last time EMS was called for someone that just OD'd on cigarette smoke? When's the last time someone broke into some cars so they could get money for their cigarette fix?
    Do these actions not make them worthy of life?

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    1,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    There are known risks using chainsaws.
    Known risks in using guns for hunting.
    Known risks riding four-wheelers.

    If you subscribe to the "well they knew the risk..." then you pass on saving these people.
    Ugh...If you use or do anything which you have mentioned in an unsafe manner, then you are responsible for your actions.

    You keep trying to expand the scope to bring in more and more examples, but the reality of it is that none of them adequately compare to drug use.

  9. #84
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by HHSHOG62 View Post
    Sometimes when you play with fire, you get burned.

    Knock on the devils door enough, someone is going to answer.

    Its 2016, lets all feel bad for the idiot that played Russian Roulette, and lost.

    Cheers.
    Some truisms here...let's all remember that we are human first...we learn to judge by our own world view. To lump everyone into the "idiot" category speaks to you ability to understand the complexities involved in how one arrives at their place in this world.

    I would venture to guess that no one starts out in life planning to knock on the Devil's door...sometimes that where we end up.

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    What about people who smoke cigarettes?
    For me, lesser degree, same thing. I've watched two close to me die of lung cancer in the last 3 years. If I were to start now, I'm either stupid or I don't care.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    1,192

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Some truisms here...let's all remember that we are human first...we learn to judge by our own world view. To lump everyone into the "idiot" category speaks to you ability to understand the complexities involved in how one arrives at their place in this world.

    I would venture to guess that no one starts out in life planning to knock on the Devil's door...sometimes that where we end up.
    I agree in that sometimes people are put in unfortunate situations, but you and I both know that there are unlimited amount of resources aimed at bringing people out of drug abuse. For every time someone ends up at the devils door, to go along with the anecdotal reference, there is a door guiding them away from the devils. Maybe back when the effects of drugs were relatively unknown, and support groups were sparse, I would be more readily accepting of the "unfortunate situation" excuse, but with the abundance of knowledge, support and other resources we have today, I have a hard time accepting that.

  12. #87
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by HHSHOG62 View Post
    I agree in that sometimes people are put in unfortunate situations, but you and I both know that there are unlimited amount of resources aimed at bringing people out of drug abuse. For every time someone ends up at the devils door, to go along with the anecdotal reference, there is a door guiding them away from the devils. Maybe back when the effects of drugs were relatively unknown, and support groups were sparse, I would be more readily accepting of the "unfortunate situation" excuse, but with the abundance of knowledge, support and other resources we have today, I have a hard time accepting that.
    I don't disagree about the resources, except that they probably aren't unlimited. Overall, you are very much correct...which speaks to just how powerful this particular drug and it's addictive properties are.

    The intensity of this drug's effect on the brain is beyond anything else out there, so even with all of the available resources, it's still likely to overwhelm the individual.

    Just as a consideration, one of the ways that people get into heroin, is as a substitute for prescription pain meds. I am very familiar with some young people who were very good athletes, were injured, got on the pain pills and then it hit the fan....these young people had no intention of taking the path that they did, but the pull of addiction led them down a road they could not turn from.

  13. #88

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,123

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    There are known risks using chainsaws.
    Known risks in using guns for hunting.
    Known risks riding four-wheelers.

    If you subscribe to the "well they knew the risk..." then you pass on saving these people.
    What you've just stated is your opinion and not a fact.

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,462

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    There will be herion addicts all over Krogers.
    They have already been in the parking lots for years, buying heroin. The one in the Newport Pavilion is a hot-bed for buyers and sellers.

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,123

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    Your reasoning is that they knew the risks they were taking. That is absolutely no different.

    It all goes back to the reasons behind the answer.
    No, my reasoning is because they know that doing it ONE TIME can kill you. Not the same with any of the other stuff you and Clyde have been talking about.

Top