Kroger to Start Selling Narcan Without Prescription

Page 3 of Kroger stores to sell Narcan without prescription in southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky - Story We've had a lot of talks about heroin, figured this dese... 161 comments | 7059 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    So clear it up for me. You did include drunks and texters in your quote. Just tell us why you believe anyone who does something stupid (and feel free to include whomever you wish) is trying to end their life.
    You are getting old my friend, you are the one that included drunks and texters not me. You just keep trying there little buddy.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Sure. Could. Key word.

    Let's even say 50% of people who OD want to end their life. That's justification for not trying to save the other 50% who are just plain stupid?

    Should we not use life-saving procedures on people who try to commit suicide?
    I don't know how I feel about it, truthfully. I was just stating that I could see where he comes from. I have a fanciful idea that if all addicts are able to die off, then the drug trade and crime would stop...then I realize the naivety in that thought. There are always going to be people trying to chemically distort reality.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    What else are they trying to do?
    Get high. Escape reality for a bit. Like some alcoholics. Doesn't mean they want to end their life.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    I don't know how I feel about it, truthfully. I was just stating that I could see where he comes from. I have a fanciful idea that if all addicts are able to die off, then the drug trade and crime would stop...then I realize the naivety in that thought. There are always going to be people trying to chemically distort reality.
    Where does your Catholicism come into this equation?

  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    You are getting old my friend, you are the one that included drunks and texters not me. You just keep trying there little buddy.
    Trying what? To understand your point? I included them. You quoted them. I asked for clarification. If you quoted it by mistake just say "my bad."

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,123

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Good lord. Now we're saying don't save lives because they're not paying for their transport? Come on. We're better than that.
    Because often times they're not doing much of anything to contribute to society. Again you can think what you want but unless you deal with it and see it on a regular basis it's hard to understand.

    I wouldn't be upset if they just quit manufacturing Narcan altogether.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Because often times they're not doing much of anything to contribute to society. Again you can think what you want but unless you deal with it and see it on a regular basis it's hard to understand.

    I wouldn't be upset if they just quit manufacturing Narcan altogether.
    So now we are going to have a contribution test?

    I can only imagine what people like you have to deal with on a regular basis. I'd argue, though, that it distorts your view. Too close. Not seeing a bigger picture IMO.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Because often times they're not doing much of anything to contribute to society. Again you can think what you want but unless you deal with it and see it on a regular basis it's hard to understand.

    I wouldn't be upset if they just quit manufacturing Narcan altogether.
    Agreed all we are doing is enabling them.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Agreed all we are doing is enabling them.
    How far do we take this?

    No life-saving measures on fat people due to their inability to control eating?

    No way we should save cigarette smokers, right?

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    1,192

    I have no qualms about letting idiots die off. Our society is filled with them.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,123

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    So now we are going to have a contribution test?

    I can only imagine what people like you have to deal with on a regular basis. I'd argue, though, that it distorts your view. Too close. Not seeing a bigger picture IMO.
    No not a contribution test. Just natural attrition.

    Tell me Clyde how many times have you seen a persons life saved by Narcan, only for them to attach EMS workers, spit at them, curse at them etc just for giving them Narcan, thus ruining their high.....

    Think what you want of me but I'm over the thought of coddling heroin users because addiction is a disease. When's the last time someone other than a newborn was diagnosed with a heroin addiction without ever using heroin.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,123

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    How far do we take this?

    No life-saving measures on fat people due to their inability to control eating?

    No way we should save cigarette smokers, right?
    That would all help with insurance costs I bet. We'll probably not that's just what they want is to think.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,011

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Yes there are. You just don't notice them.
    They are all over Ft. Mitchell and Newport Krogers because it is close to the highway. But not out in Pleasantville.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    No not a contribution test. Just natural attrition.

    Tell me Clyde how many times have you seen a persons life saved by Narcan, only for them to attach EMS workers, spit at them, curse at them etc just for giving them Narcan, thus ruining their high.....

    Think what you want of me but I'm over the thought of coddling heroin users because addiction is a disease. When's the last time someone other than a newborn was diagnosed with a heroin addiction without ever using heroin.
    To answer your question, never. I don't see what that example has to do with the debate. They're high. They're not rational. They love the high. So we don't save them?

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    1,192

    So Clyde, what is your solution. You resuscitate someone who has OD'd, then what is the next step? Put them through the revolving door rehab program, which statistically has a 60% relapse percentage? Then they OD again, back to the rehab program? Or do they go to prison, where they will serve a few years, get out, and OD again?

    I'm just not really sure how to stop the cycle. Something tells me that we baby our society, which has enabled this problem to grow into what it has today.

Top