KHSAA investigating Bowling Green

Page 2 of LINK Article basically states that allegations of recruiting violations against the boy's team have surfaced as part of the lawsuit brought by the fire... 31 comments | 2915 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Franklin, KY
    Posts
    1,071

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple88 View Post
    Those grapes are so schriveled up and sour the raisin factory rejected them...
    You had to know what she was going to do.

    The grapes of wrath are always sour.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    31,091

    There has been chatter about this for months and months. If it was going to amount to anything, it would have done so long ago.

    I will say that it has been a pretty open secret that they were being investigated. Perhaps none of the BG officials were ever officially notified - though I'm fairly certain I recall being told they had been - but they knew it was being looked at.

  3. #18
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    694

    And I’m just like the NCAA, the KHSAA doesn’t have subpoena power?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 17
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    There has been chatter about this for months and months. If it was going to amount to anything, it would have done so long ago.

    I will say that it has been a pretty open secret that they were being investigated. Perhaps none of the BG officials were ever officially notified - though I'm fairly certain I recall being told they had been - but they knew it was being looked at.
    Funny how “they” said the exact same thing about Harmon not leaving!

  5. #20
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    1,669

    So whose the 2017 State Champ, Cooper or Scott?

  6. #21
    Johnny_Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    1365 Wichita Drive
    Posts
    705

    Has a state champion ever had to vacate a title? I know runner up teams have had to vacate before, just can't remember a champion.

  7. #22
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,789

    If they strip the title, they should let the other schools field alumni teams and play until there's a champion.

  8. #23
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    694

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    Has a state champion ever had to vacate a title? I know runner up teams have had to vacate before, just can't remember a champion.
    When has this happened? And why

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    16,200

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    When has this happened? And why
    Hopkinsville had their football runner up end in asterisk in the 90’s I believe.

  10. #25
    Johnny_Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    1365 Wichita Drive
    Posts
    705

    Maybe I’m wrong, But I thought Fairview had to vacate their runner up in football from 2012 @brooksville

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    When has this happened? And why

  11. #26
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    694

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    Maybe I’m wrong, But I thought Fairview had to vacate their runner up in football from 2012 @brooksville
    I did hear soemthing about that. I wish instead of a team vacating the title or trophy it was given to a team who didn’t cheat to get there instead of being left blank.

  12. #27
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    29,180

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Hopkinsville had their football runner up end in asterisk in the 90's I believe.
    Correct. Cov Cath beat Hopkinsville in 1997 for the AAA championship. Hoptown had to vacate after their runner up win after it was found that their star RB Artose Pinner was too old to be playing on the team. I can't recall whether or not there was a falsified birth certificate, or if he was just played while ineligible.

    Pinner went in to play at UK, as well as in the NFL for the Lions, Vikings and Falcons.

  13. #28
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    19,703

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    I did hear soemthing about that. I wish instead of a team vacating the title or trophy it was given to a team who didn’t cheat to get there instead of being left blank.
    The problem with that is who do you give it to? The team they beat in the semifinals? What if who they beat in the quarterfinals was better than the semi finalists?

  14. #29
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Uniendo Los Toros
    Posts
    27,728

    Please correct my memory, but when Mike Mitchell was ruled ineligible, didn't Highlands keep their state title? If memory serves me right, they had to forfeit the rest of the season, but they did not have to vacate the title.

  15. #30
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,064

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Please correct my memory, but when Mike Mitchell was ruled ineligible, didn't Highlands keep their state title? If memory serves me right, they had to forfeit the rest of the season, but they did not have to vacate the title.
    I don't think he played in the state game is why they kept the title. Of course, after Highlands won the lawsuit, all the wins were restored so there were no forfeits.

Top