Kentucky lawmaker's Viagra bill would require wife's permission

  1. #1
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Kentucky lawmaker's Viagra bill would require wife's permission

    Under a new bill proposed by a Kentucky state legislator, men seeking erectile dysfunction treatments such as Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra, would need to visit a doctor twice and get written permission from their wives before receiving the drugs.

    House Bill 369 would also require a man be married and "make a sworn statement with his hand on a Bible that he will only use a prescription for a drug for erectile dysfunction when having sexual relations with his current spouse."

    Rep. Mary Lou Marzian, a Democrat from Louisville, proposed the law last week as a pointed statement to anti-abortion advocates.

    "My point is to illustrate how intrusive and ridiculous it is for elected officials to be inserting themselves into private and personal medical decisions," she told Reuters.

    Link
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,050

    Dumb

  3. #3
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,050

    Maybe the husband wants to surprise the wife.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    So where are the gay rights people on this one.

  5. #5
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Under a new bill proposed by a Kentucky state legislator, men seeking erectile dysfunction treatments such as Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra, would need to visit a doctor twice and get written permission from their wives before receiving the drugs.

    House Bill 369 would also require a man be married and "make a sworn statement with his hand on a Bible that he will only use a prescription for a drug for erectile dysfunction when having sexual relations with his current spouse."

    Rep. Mary Lou Marzian, a Democrat from Louisville, proposed the law last week as a pointed statement to anti-abortion advocates.

    "My point is to illustrate how intrusive and ridiculous it is for elected officials to be inserting themselves into private and personal medical decisions," she told Reuters.

    Link
    Good for her.

  6. #6
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Good for her.
    You equate abortion with getting an erection?

  7. #7
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,079

    Yep because getting an erection is the same as ending an innocent life.

  8. #8
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    154,207

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Under a new bill proposed by a Kentucky state legislator, men seeking erectile dysfunction treatments such as Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra, would need to visit a doctor twice and get written permission from their wives before receiving the drugs.

    House Bill 369 would also require a man be married and "make a sworn statement with his hand on a Bible that he will only use a prescription for a drug for erectile dysfunction when having sexual relations with his current spouse."

    Rep. Mary Lou Marzian, a Democrat from Louisville, proposed the law last week as a pointed statement to anti-abortion advocates.

    "My point is to illustrate how intrusive and ridiculous it is for elected officials to be inserting themselves into private and personal medical decisions," she told Reuters.

    Link


    I didn't click on the link. No way this is real. LOL

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Up on top the pressbox @ Ryle football games.
    Posts
    5,323

    I'm sure my wife would approve anyway!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The secret to basketball and life is "just to do the job to the best of your ability and don't worry about anything else."
    Posts
    4,715

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Good for her.
    Wouldn't be the first politician to insert themselves into something.

  11. #11
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    154,207

    More from the article:

    The proposal comes days after Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, a Republican, signed an "informed consent" law requiring women to receive counsel from a doctor 24 hours before having an abortion.

    Marzian, who is a nurse, told the Louisville Courier-Journal that her bill is a form of protest against the intervention into women's health by a predominantly male General Assembly.

    "Do we really want a bunch of legislators interfering in private, personal, medical decisions?" she asked.

    She does not expect the bill to get very far, but said she is making a point.

    ==================

    You go Mary Lou!

  12. #12
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    More from the article:

    The proposal comes days after Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, a Republican, signed an "informed consent" law requiring women to receive counsel from a doctor 24 hours before having an abortion.

    Marzian, who is a nurse, told the Louisville Courier-Journal that her bill is a form of protest against the intervention into women's health by a predominantly male General Assembly.

    "Do we really want a bunch of legislators interfering in private, personal, medical decisions/?" she asked.

    She does not expect the bill to get very far, but said she is making a point.

    ==================

    You go Mary Lou!
    If she really felt that way and didn't want want a bunch of legislators interfering in private, personal, medical decisions then why isn't she defending prostitution? Where's her bill to really prove her point. Nothing more than her 15 minutes of fame.

  13. #13
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    154,207

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    If she really felt that way and didn't want want a bunch of legislators interfering in private, personal, medical decisions then why isn't she defending prostitution? Where's her bill to really prove her point. Nothing more than her 15 minutes of fame.
    Come on RTS, is it 1973?

    Does Bevin have anything better to do?

  14. #14
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,204

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    If she really felt that way and didn't want want a bunch of legislators interfering in private, personal, medical decisions then why isn't she defending prostitution? Where's her bill to really prove her point. Nothing more than her 15 minutes of fame.
    Prostitution is against the law. Erections aren't. Thank God.

  15. #15
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Prostitution is against the law. Erections aren't. Thank God.
    That's why I said what I said.

Top