Is Using the N-Word A Fireable Offense For Police Officers/Chiefs?

Page 8 of Lots of reports recently where police officers/police chiefs have been found to have made jokes about blacks using the N-word or saying "I hate n-... 111 comments | 3058 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,318

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Okay. And when blacks protest against racist police departments don't get mad.
    Don't get mad about protests.

    I get angry when there are those that refuse to recognize that a lot of times the protesters and looters are one in the same.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,318

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Like in Cool Hand Luke what we have here is a failure to communicate and I'll take the blame for that.

    I've been trying to make the distinction between police and every other profession. IMO (and apparently not yours) THAT profession HAS to have the trust of every part of the community. Again, IMO (and I struggle to see how this is even debated) you CANNOT have known racists on the police force and then expect the faction of the public being joked about to trust the one group they should be able to trust - the po po.

    I FULLY understand the EMS and Fire community. I've, again, tried to put that conversation off because at the top of the list of "needing to be trusted" is the police. Have I missed stories about racist paramedics?
    No failure to communicate. I have stated before and I will again, I don't agree with your premise.

    A "known racist" is entirely different from someone who has used a word.

  3. #108
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,544

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    No failure to communicate. I have stated before and I will again, I don't agree with your premise.

    A "known racist" is entirely different from someone who has used a word.
    So in those examples that Clyde gave you say don't fire those cops?

  4. #109
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,544

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    Don't get mad about protests.

    I get angry when there are those that refuse to recognize that a lot of times the protesters and looters are one in the same.
    How do you know that they are one in the same? You were there or did you just watch the news?

  5. #110

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    No failure to communicate. I have stated before and I will again, I don't agree with your premise.

    A "known racist" is entirely different from someone who has used a word.
    So that we're on the same page what are you saying my premise is?

  6. #111

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    No failure to communicate. I have stated before and I will again, I don't agree with your premise.

    A "known racist" is entirely different from someone who has used a word.
    The examples I gave can only be from a racist.

  7. #112
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,051

    It's pretty obvious if a cop or even a teacher is found to be racist they need to be fired because their job requires public trust.

    But like I said my only concern is trying to find a gotcha moment in someone's private life. If someone is dumb enough to use public property to spout off hate you got to go.

Top