Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Page 33 of Anyone?... 565 comments | 42339 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #481

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Quote Originally Posted by RCC9 View Post
    How in the world would I turn someone in? Play by the rules and there is no turning anyone in. But do you really think they'd listen to a guy in BGP??? It's an official complaint from coaches schools and ADs. And there are 12 of them right now. You you make the call on "who turns anyone in". I can see the KHSAA sitting around saying "I got this lead from a guy on BGP!"
    Oh I know you have a very easy avenue to turn a program in if you wanted too. Just tired of hearing about you wanting to do it so bad.
    Advertisement

  2. #482

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    1,812

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    I never said it was on the internet. I said I have personal knowledge. BGP should teach a reading comprehension class apparently.
    I said I do too! And I used more adjectives than you did when I described the recruiting offers. So there's that to consider.

  3. #483

    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    8,027

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Oh I know you have a very easy avenue to turn a program in if you wanted too. Just tired of hearing about you wanting to do it so bad.
    Dude, you don't have to read it. Is my posse over there twisting your arm again?

  4. #484
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuces22 View Post
    yes say the open gym was and the high school the ended up is.
    No problem. In district feeder school. Diocese says you can attend any high school in the system

  5. #485
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    Catholic schools don't have districts. Look at all the kids who live or have lived in a certain town in Boone County that starts with the letter U and go to a Catholic school in the Park Hills area rather than the Catholic high school in Boone County. There ARE NO Districts.
    Not true. There are districts, just open enrollment for any parochial high school within the Diocese. They are not obligated to attend the high school that their parish feeds into.

  6. #486

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    395

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Not true. There are districts, just open enrollment for any parochial high school within the Diocese. They are not obligated to attend the high school that their parish feeds into.
    Just because the diocese uses the word district in the name of their schools doesn't mean anything. That word is there for show. Until the diocese sets a standard where you have to go to the high school that your elementary/middle school feeds into, which will never happen, that word is a just a word in the name. I know how this works. My kids attend parochial schools.

  7. #487
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    Just because the diocese uses the word district in the name of their schools doesn't mean anything. That word is there for show. Until the diocese sets a standard where you have to go to the high school that your elementary/middle school feeds into, which will never happen, that word is a just a word in the name. I know how this works. My kids attend parochial schools.
    So you took all that time to confirm that my answer was correct ? You seem pretty angry about it....we had great experiences with parochial schools and I am glad they have open enrollment.

    Why the outrage if it works ?

  8. #488

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    395

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    So you took all that time to confirm that my answer was correct ? You seem pretty angry about it....we had great experiences with parochial schools and I am glad they have open enrollment.

    Why the outrage if it works ?
    No outrage by me at all. What I'm saying is, why is the KHSAA looking at HC when the rules apparently don't apply because the diocese has open enrollment? This thread should not even exist because any kid can go to any parochial school and pay tuition to go there. And you know as well as I do that every Catholic school has need-based financial aid and EVERY STUDENT and their family can apply. The is no foul for HC. They follow the rules. Sour grapes and baseless accusations are what has caused this issue. That's why I said that EVERY school needs to look no further than their front door.

  9. #489

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    No outrage by me at all. What I'm saying is, why is the KHSAA looking at HC when the rules apparently don't apply because the diocese has open enrollment? This thread should not even exist because any kid can go to any parochial school and pay tuition to go there. And you know as well as I do that every Catholic school has need-based financial aid and EVERY STUDENT and their family can apply. The is no foul for HC. They follow the rules. Sour grapes and baseless accusations are what has caused this issue. That's why I said that EVERY school needs to look no further than their front door.
    The issue at HC isn't that they are drawing kids from other "districts". It's how those kids are coming to HC that's the problem.

    Sour grapes do not bring the KHSAA to town nor do baseless accusations.

  10. #490

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    395

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    The issue at HC isn't that they are drawing kids from other "districts". It's how those kids are coming to HC that's the problem.

    Sour grapes do not bring the KHSAA to town nor do baseless accusations.
    Please read my post again. That will explain open enrollment and how they got there.

  11. #491

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    Please read my post again. That will explain open enrollment and how they got there.
    The only thing your posts explain to me is that you have no idea what's truly going on at HC.

  12. #492

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    395

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    The only thing your posts explain to me is that you have no idea what's truly going on at HC.
    The same thing that goes on at CovCath, Notre Dame, NewCath, St. Henry, and Brossart. They don't have to play by the same rules as the public schools. The difference is that the above mentioned schools are getting mad because HC is starting to beat them and they don't like it so they are crying foul. They don't understand that they are hurting themselves too.

  13. #493
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    The same thing that goes on at CovCath, Notre Dame, NewCath, St. Henry, and Brossart. They don't have to play by the same rules as the public schools. The difference is that the above mentioned schools are getting mad because HC is starting to beat them and they don't like it so they are crying foul. They don't understand that they are hurting themselves too.
    Open your eyes a little wider...these are not allegations that are being brought specifically by the parochial schools in NKY, in fact, the public school(s) have legitimate issues with the problems as well.

    It's not about the fact that open enrollment exists, it's the process that is being continually exploited by a couple of individuals, to serve their own purpose(s) and it just so happens that both are tied to HC.

    I agree with LA, the KHSAA does not get involved in sour grapes...

  14. #494

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    1,812

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    No outrage by me at all. What I'm saying is, why is the KHSAA looking at HC when the rules apparently don't apply because the diocese has open enrollment? This thread should not even exist because any kid can go to any parochial school and pay tuition to go there. And you know as well as I do that every Catholic school has need-based financial aid and EVERY STUDENT and their family can apply. The is no foul for HC. They follow the rules. Sour grapes and baseless accusations are what has caused this issue. That's why I said that EVERY school needs to look no further than their front door.
    Hello Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle...

  15. #495

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    The same thing that goes on at CovCath, Notre Dame, NewCath, St. Henry, and Brossart. They don't have to play by the same rules as the public schools. The difference is that the above mentioned schools are getting mad because HC is starting to beat them and they don't like it so they are crying foul. They don't understand that they are hurting themselves too.
    I would be surprised if CCH is involved in this in any way. Not sure why they would be.

Top