Iowa teens blasted for patriotic attire at BB Game

Page 8 of As far as I think this isn't a political thing but controversy concerning kids being patriotic in their own country. I thought the whole goal of refuge... 127 comments | 4957 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,604

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    On a side note shouldn't the refugee be happy to see the red, white and blue? Isn't that what they came here for, too be free and able to go to school and maybe become an American?
    No, they want our culture to adapt to them and that's exactly what is happening.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,820

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    No, they want our culture to adapt to them and that's exactly what is happening.
    Are you saying some of the refugees want to destroy the American way of life? And are you insinuating that some American citizens are supporting this? Just want to get this clear.

  3. #108
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Truth should shape people's politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true.
    Posts
    24,531

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I'm trying to understand here...How is it okay for this team to do a USA themed game, but when a team does it for a game against them, it's offensive?


    @Science Friction, @PurplePride92, anyone?
    None of us know the intentions of either school having their patriotic theme day. However, I think any true American patriot would be offended if someone or some group tries with ill intent or even hatred to use our flag as a tool of that hatred. Not that anyone in America dislikes refugees or immigrants, of course.

    On a related note, I hope no one is upset when I wear a shirt with the Irish flag on Friday. After having my DNA tested last year, I found out that I am 25% Irish and now St. Patrick's Day means a little more to me. Likewise, I hope that no one is upset when I wear a shirt with a Mexican Flag on Cinco de Mayo.

    Now I just need days and shirts to celebrate my Greek, Native American, Italian and African heritage, too.

  4. #109
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,604

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Are you saying some of the refugees want to destroy the American way of life? And are you insinuating that some American citizens are supporting this? Just want to get this clear.
    Yes and unfortunately yes.

  5. #110
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,294

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Interesting indeed, but not surprising, in the least.
    Nor am I surprised at your misunderstanding the response. Typical of you.

  6. #111
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Truth should shape people's politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true.
    Posts
    24,531

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    None of us know the intentions of either school having their patriotic theme day. However, I think any true American patriot would be offended if someone or some group tries with ill intent or even hatred to use our flag as a tool of that hatred. Not that anyone in America dislikes refugees or immigrants, of course.

    On a related note, I hope no one is upset when I wear a shirt with the Irish flag on Friday. After having my DNA tested last year, I found out that I am 25% Irish and now St. Patrick's Day means a little more to me. Likewise, I hope that no one is upset when I wear a shirt with a Mexican Flag on Cinco de Mayo.

    Now I just need days and shirts to celebrate my Greek, Native American, Italian and African heritage, too.
    It just occurred to me...beware the Ides of March!

  7. #112
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    The student section of Pikeville chanted USA to Perry County Central student athletes Prince Anosike and Idris Akinyemi when they shot free throws here at the Sweet 16 today. They didn't chant anything when Damon Tobler or Richard Cornett shot free throws.

    Patriotism?

  8. #113
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,715

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    The student section of Pikeville chanted USA to Perry County Central student athletes Prince Anosike and Idris Akinyemi when they shot free throws here at the Sweet 16 today. They didn't chant anything when Damon Tobler or Richard Cornett shot free throws.

    Patriotism?
    Nope. They are a group that makes the point that far too often patriotism or nationalism is being used today to disguise hate/racism/bigotry/etc.

  9. #114
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Nope. They are a group that makes the point that far too often patriotism or nationalism is being used today to disguise hate/racism/bigotry/etc.
    Agreed. However according to most in this thread it is fine as long as the theme is USA.

  10. #115
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Regardless of color, all soldiers who fall come back wearing red, white, and blue.
    Posts
    20,100

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    None of us know the intentions of either school having their patriotic theme day. However, I think any true American patriot would be offended if someone or some group tries with ill intent or even hatred to use our flag as a tool of that hatred. Not that anyone in America dislikes refugees or immigrants, of course.

    On a related note, I hope no one is upset when I wear a shirt with the Irish flag on Friday. After having my DNA tested last year, I found out that I am 25% Irish and now St. Patrick's Day means a little more to me. Likewise, I hope that no one is upset when I wear a shirt with a Mexican Flag on Cinco de Mayo.

    Now I just need days and shirts to celebrate my Greek, Native American, Italian and African heritage, too.
    Nobody should say a word about your Irish shirt and I bet nobody will. The issue at hand is asking Americans to suppress their patriotism of America.

  11. #116
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,820

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Nobody should say a word about your Irish shirt and I bet nobody will. The issue at hand is asking Americans to suppress their patriotism of America.
    Exactly. Missing the point.

  12. #117
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Truth should shape people's politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true.
    Posts
    24,531

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Nobody should say a word about your Irish shirt and I bet nobody will. The issue at hand is asking Americans to suppress their patriotism of America.
    No, it's not. The issue at hand is can hatred be veiled as patriotism. I believe that sometimes it is.

    You said that you didn't think anyone would say anything about my Irish flag shirt. Do you feel the same way about my Cinco de Mayo shirt?

  13. #118
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,294

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    No, it's not. The issue at hand is can hatred be veiled as patriotism. I believe that sometimes it is.

    You said that you didn't think anyone would say anything about my Irish flag shirt. Do you feel the same way about my Cinco de Mayo shirt?
    And hatred can also be veiled as political correctness. I believe that sometimes it is.

  14. #119
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Truth should shape people's politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true.
    Posts
    24,531

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    And hatred can also be veiled as political correctness. I believe that sometimes it is.
    Okay.

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    440

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    So diverse kids aren't proud to be patriotic to America?
    If there not then they don't need to be here.

Top