Iowa teens blasted for patriotic attire at BB Game

Page 7 of As far as I think this isn't a political thing but controversy concerning kids being patriotic in their own country. I thought the whole goal of refuge... 127 comments | 3310 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Johnny's life passed him by like a warm summer day. If you listen to the wind you can still him him play."
    Posts
    5,551

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Interesting response.
    Interesting indeed, but not surprising, in the least.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Johnny's life passed him by like a warm summer day. If you listen to the wind you can still him him play."
    Posts
    5,551

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I wish I could be surprised at how so many of you miss the point but I'm not. Not surprised one bit.

    I would be surprised if the point was NOT missed.

  3. #93
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,868

    I'm trying to understand here...How is it okay for this team to do a USA themed game, but when a team does it for a game against them, it's offensive?


    @Science Friction, @PurplePride92, anyone?

  4. #94
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Johnny's life passed him by like a warm summer day. If you listen to the wind you can still him him play."
    Posts
    5,551

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I'm trying to understand here...How is it okay for this team to do a USA themed game, but when a team does it for a game against them, it's offensive?


    @Science Friction, @PurplePride92, anyone?
    I'm personally not big on the silly patriotic -themed events but if schools want to do them that's fine. However, if they are used by anyone to demean or belittle those of another race, religion, or socioeconomic class then I think that's wrong. I don't know if that was the case here but I'm sure that has been done many times across our great land. I am going to defer to PP92 on this one. He was the one making the point(a very salient point, I believe) and is much more qualified to pontificate on the subject than I am. Thanks for asking the question.

  5. #95
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,868

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I'm personally not big on the silly patriotic -themed events but if schools want to do them that's fine. However, if they are used by anyone to demean or belittle those of another race, religion, or socioeconomic class then I think that's wrong. I don't know if that was the case here but I'm sure that has been done many times across our great land. I am going to defer to PP92 on this one. he was the one making the point and is much more qualified to pontificate on the subject than I am. Thanks for asking the question.
    I agree with the bolded. However, as you said, we don't know that they did that here. For all we know they very well could've simply worn USA clothes and chanted USA throughout the game.

  6. #96
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    48,910

    Everyone is offended by everything.

  7. #97
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,398

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I'm trying to understand here...How is it okay for this team to do a USA themed game, but when a team does it for a game against them, it's offensive?


    @Science Friction, @PurplePride92, anyone?
    Dead end conversation. Don't mention me anymore.

  8. #98
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,868

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Dead end conversation. Don't mention me anymore.
    Alright then. So much for having a discussion. I'm willing to listen and understand all sides of it, and I'd think you'd know that by now, but not sure how I'm supposed to do that if you aren't willing to have the discussion.

  9. #99
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,398

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Alright then. So much for having a discussion. I'm willing to listen and understand all sides of it, and I'd think you'd know that by now, but not sure how I'm supposed to do that if you aren't willing to have the discussion.
    Go back and read all of my posts. I've explained the point I was trying to make twice. Or don't. No one cares about a true discussion anyways. I knew I never should have responded but like a dummy I did. Forget I said anything. Forget the discussion. There isn't a discussion. God Bless the USA.

  10. #100
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,868

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Go back and read all of my posts. I've explained the point I was trying to make twice. Or don't. No one cares about a true discussion anyways. I knew I never should have responded but like a dummy I did. Forget I said anything. Forget the discussion. There isn't a discussion. God Bless the USA.
    I'll absolutely go back and read what you've posted. I actually do want a real discussion.

    If you don't that's cool.

    I apologize for asking a question. I won't make that mistake again with you.

  11. #101
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,398

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I'll absolutely go back and read what you've posted. I actually do want a real discussion.

    If you don't that's cool.

    I apologize for asking a question. I won't make that mistake again with you.
    Good. Your apology is accepted.

  12. #102
    Content1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Me and my horsey and a quart o' beer
    Posts
    5,140

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Hard for me to take the offended school seriously when they themselves have their own USA/Patriotic theme for a game. Why are they allowed to do it to other teams, but when it's done against them, it's offensive?
    This...hate to see how the "offended" handle white out, black out themes!

    People who look to be offended, get offended! I am amazed by the levels of sensitivity we've reached. Not sure many would be able to survive the brutality of the 70s-80s...!

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    732

    What caused the sensitivity outrage that has exponentially grown in the last 5 or so years?

  14. #104
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders, will soon be forgotten.
    Posts
    19,162

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Cool. Holmes is about 40% black. About 60% qualify for reduced lunch.

    So the business suits had a message behind them.
    Certain Boone county schools are doing free lunches for everyone now aren't they? I've heard Florence elementary is, so we shouldn't just single Holmes out.

  15. #105
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders, will soon be forgotten.
    Posts
    19,162

    On a side note shouldn't the refugee be happy to see the red, white and blue? Isn't that what they came here for, too be free and able to go to school and maybe become an American?

Top