Indiana residents attending Jefferson County Public Schools?

Page 5 of Originally Posted by dr1 Everything across the river from Louisville is technically in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. But it would be virtually impos... 141 comments | 5729 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerKat
    I wish X had Horton, Henderson or Jackson(which by the way has a brother that played at X and went to a catholic school) but they don't. If Manual had so much to offer there would be kids crossing the River or county to get it. It is a good school at the top of the pole but average at the bottom. The kids can get the same as Manual at New Albany or Floyd Central. Great Arts programs and several scholars to show off. Maybe Providence dosen't have what X and Trinity have to offer and the kids want that.
    Whereas other schools are average at the top and at the bottom at the bottom...
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    TigerKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Sunny Side of St. Matthews
    Posts
    1,848

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    Whereas other schools are average at the top and at the bottom at the bottom...

    I would say that X and T are a little better than average at the top. I have family that went to Manual, it is a great school, although I feel they really target the top and exist with the bottom. I am not saying that they are bad but why cross the river for them when the public education in the southern Indiana area is pretty good. They cross the river for Catholic Education

  3. #63
    RunFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    857

    How many catholic grade school kids did Nichols "get" recently. I understand he is having discussions with catholic grade school kids right now. Interesting...

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerKat
    I would say that X and T are a little better than average at the top. I have family that went to Manual, it is a great school, although I feel they really target the top and exist with the bottom. I am not saying that they are bad but why cross the river for them when the public education in the southern Indiana area is pretty good. They cross the river for Catholic Education
    There is "Catholic education" available on the other side of the river ... Providence. So there must be other reasons ...

  5. #65
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by RunFirst
    How many catholic grade school kids did Nichols "get" recently. I understand he is having discussions with catholic grade school kids right now. Interesting...
    That innuendo is cute and all, but if you're saying that anything illegal is going on, I believe it is impermissible to make that post.

    I'd also ask that Catholic school supporters hold their own to the same burden of proof that they hold others. If you can't name names, don't say anything.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    I was against Proposal 3 just as I was Proposal 20. If an out-of-state family feels that a Kentucky school is the best educational option for their kids, who are we to deny them that opportunity? And last time I checked, athletics is part of the educational process. As long as those kids meet the usual eligibiity requirements, they should be able to compete like everyone else.

  7. #67
    RunFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    857

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    That innuendo is cute and all, but if you're saying that anything illegal is going on, I believe it is impermissible to make that post.

    I'd also ask that Catholic school supporters hold their own to the same burden of proof that they hold others. If you can't name names, don't say anything.
    Hold on here. This is a fact. I did name names - Nichols. He and staff have been spotted at Catholic grade school games. Fact!

    And my other question - how many Catholic grade school kids are now playing for Manual? How many...?

  8. #68
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by RunFirst
    Hold on here. This is a fact. I did name names - Nichols. He and staff have been spotted at Catholic grade school games. Fact!


    I think we all know the names that have to be named when discussing this. The coach is a given.

    Joe Nichols is a Catholic, and likes football. He can't watch a few parish teams play?

    I've watched a few Mighty Mites games this season (my little cousin was a MONSTER this year.) Am I recruiting there?

    Your INNUENDO had more to do with he's talking to kids, and 'getting' them. If that had been posted about a Catholic school, the rigour with which the post would have been assaulted for its vague nature would be astounding.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54


    I think we all know the names that have to be named when discussing this. The coach is a given.

    Joe Nichols is a Catholic, and likes football. He can't watch a few parish teams play?

    I've watched a few Mighty Mites games this season (my little cousin was a MONSTER this year.) Am I recruiting there?

    Your INNUENDO had more to do with he's talking to kids, and 'getting' them. If that had been posted about a Catholic school, the rigour with which the post would have been assaulted for its vague nature would be astounding.
    Conversely, the private school coaches like football...they can't watch a few community league teams play? Yet, who's the first to cry foul when one of the private schools' coaches are spotted at a football game?

  10. #70
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by RunFirst
    Hold on here. This is a fact. I did name names - Nichols. He and staff have been spotted at Catholic grade school games. Fact!

    And my other question - how many Catholic grade school kids are now playing for Manual? How many...?
    Probably proportional to the number of Catholic grade school kids that recognize that the best secondary education in Jefferson County can be had for free...

  11. #71
    RunFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    857

    Watching... LOL!

    And again, how many Catholic grade school kids are now playing for Manual? How many...? Interesting...

  12. #72
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    Conversely, the private school coaches like football...they can't watch a few community league teams play? Yet, who's the first to cry foul when one of the private schools' coaches are spotted at a football game?
    Anecdotally, we see A LOT MORE POSTS about how Joe Nichols spends his free time than Beatty or Glaser.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    Probably proportional to the number of Catholic grade school kids that recognize that the best secondary education in Jefferson County can be had for free...

    And the number of Catholic grade school kids in the JCPS system as a whole...EXCLUDING Manual? Pretty high, 02Ram. The numbers bear me out on that one. There are approximately 300-400 enrolling freshman each year @ Trinity & X each...give or take on any given year. There are FAR many more than that in 8th grade in Catholic grade schools each year.

  14. #74
    RunFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    857

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    Anecdotally, we see A LOT MORE POSTS about how Joe Nichols spends his free time than Beatty or Glaser.
    We know it's not watching Trinity film.

  15. #75
    RunFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    857

    Come on now. I know you guys are on staff with Nichols. You know the numbers. How many???

Top