Indiana residents attending Jefferson County Public Schools?

Page 2 of Originally Posted by dr1 Everything across the river from Louisville is technically in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. But it would be virtually impos... 141 comments | 5729 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Being a role model
    Posts
    34,456

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider
    I would bet you are wrong about this. I don't have any numbers and don't even know where to get them but I am going by Henderson's stats. I can't name one single foreign exchange student on any team.

    As a matter of fact when I was in school we only had one that I can remember in the entire school and she didn't play sports. She was however very hot.
    Straight students, possibly, athletes that contribute probably not.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    I don't understand this whole way of thinking about community. I think of the SCHOOL as a community, regradless of where the students or faculty live.
    I agree with LBC here in that most outside of Louisvile would not think of a school as the community but the actual town or area within the town as the community. I think of Henderson as the community and the school and kids in that school as part of that community. I can see where you are coming from though being a supporter and part of a private school. Trinity really doesn't have a set area that they draw from so really it is the school and members itself that would be the community.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider
    I agree with LBC here in that most outside of Louisvile would not think of a school as the community but the actual town or area within the town as the community. I think of Henderson as the community and the school and kids in that school as part of that community. I can see where you are coming from though being a supporter and part of a private school. Trinity really doesn't have a set area that they draw from so really it is the school and members itself that would be the community.

    I can see what you and LBBC are saying, based upon the perspectives you each posted.

  4. #19
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    151,602

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    News to me. I never knew a SINGLE Indiana resident in my four years there, although I did know one legal and one illegal out of county student each in my own grade
    Thanks for the info. It is very possible that the person starting this rumor is intentionally trying to mislead everyone because he has an axe to grind with Manual.

    Does anyone else know the official policy of the Jefferson County Public Schools?

  5. #20
    TigerKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Sunny Side of St. Matthews
    Posts
    1,848

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru
    Thanks for the info. It is very possible that the person starting this rumor is intentionally trying to mislead everyone because he has an axe to grind with Manual.

    Does anyone else know the official policy of the Jefferson County Public Schools?
    Ru I teach in JC and they do not let outside kids in anymore. It stopped 2-3 yrs ago.

  6. #21
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    151,602

    Does that mean there could still be a few seniors left or did they cut them off mid-stream?

    The timing is kind of funny too, if the pot is going to call the kettle black I guess the pot has to clean up its act.

  7. #22
    TigerKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Sunny Side of St. Matthews
    Posts
    1,848

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru
    Does that mean there could still be a few seniors left or did they cut them off mid-stream?

    The timing is kind of funny too, if the pot is going to call the kettle black I guess the pot has to clean up its act.
    I am sure there are still some finishing and there are probably many here illegally.

  8. #23
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru
    The cases of Indiana residents going to private schools in the Louisville area are well documented but I am interested in knowing how many Indiana residents go to Jefferson County Public Schools? For example, I understand Manual has a lot of Indiana residents? Anyone?
    That is so bogus!!!! There have been a few in the past but there are hardly a lot!!! The two I know of one was a girl/YPAS dancer, the other was a kid whose dad lived in Louisville but his mom lived in Jeffersonville and he used his dads address, even though he stayed with his mom, he didn't play sports. Unless hacky sack is a sport.

  9. #24
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerKat
    I am sure there are still some finishing and there are probably many here illegally.
    I know kids that live in Mt. Washington but go to Fern Creek because they use there Grandmothers address. It happens alot and most the time has little to nothing to do with sports.

  10. #25
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    151,602

    ram,

    I should have stated myself better. I was told (and now I think misled) that this was true and the source is someone in the public school system trying to stir the pot.

  11. #26
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru
    ram,

    I should have stated myself better. I was told (and now I think misled) that this was true and the source is someone in the public school system trying to stir the pot.
    Sounds like some people just have an agenda.

  12. #27
    H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    The Luxury Box at Male's Historic Maxwell Field. LET'S GO BULLDOGS!
    Posts
    4,208

    There may be a kid here or there attending JCPS that lives in Indiana. From my experience in high school, it certainly wasn't widespread (I didn't know anyone in my 340-member graduating class that was from outside of Jeff County) and I strongly doubt that sports is a motivating factor.

    Private school supporters act like if there is one student in JCPS from across the river, that legitimizes the numerous impact players from Indiana they have on their teams. Trinity's rushing and scoring leader apparently calls Jeffersonville, IN home.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by H
    From my experience in high school, it certainly wasn't widespread (I didn't know anyone in my 340-member graduating class that was from outside of Jeff County) and I strongly doubt that sports is a motivating factor.
    The Class of 1997 had a kid ALL THE WAY from Glasgow, KY....


  14. #29
    H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    The Luxury Box at Male's Historic Maxwell Field. LET'S GO BULLDOGS!
    Posts
    4,208

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    The Class of 1997 had a kid ALL THE WAY from Glasgow, KY....

    Pretty sad when you have to go back almost TEN YEARS to cite an example in support of your 'argument' (and a bad example at that since the student in question was a bona fide resident of Jefferson County, KENTUCKY when he went to Male). The Indiana resident I was referring to suited up for the Rocks just last night .

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Do we really want to discuss where said ATHLETE resided? Really? He became a friend of mine to do his girlfriend, and my wife being friends in high school. Believe me, I don't care where you live/lived as long as everything is legit and you follow all of the written rules.

Top