If A College Football Coach Said This...(Racism)

Page 2 of How would this play out today if the following interaction happened during an interview with a college football coach.... Coach: I believe Smash is bet... 23 comments | 3226 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,253

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    How do you think this would be handled if an Offensive Coordinator said it at a Power Five school?
    Without the "who's smarter" portion of it, I don't think it would cause too much issue.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Fear the Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Up on top the pressbox @ Ryle football games.
    Posts
    5,192

    I know a kid at an ACC school ( african american kid )who I had a recent conversation with. We were talking about a very good running back ( white kid ) who busted his high school career had good speed and excellent strength but didn't get very many high level offers. It was rumored that some scouts said " mr. HS coach I love him but if I offer a white kid at RB I will be out of a job." The ACC kid said his head coach will not recruit a white kid for a skilled athletic position that he doesn't believe white athletes are good enough. The ACC head coach is white. This isn't racist, It's opinion. I believe that it's wrong to judge any athlete by strictly skin color, but I'm not the head coach and he has a right to pick his team.

  3. #18
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,253

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Nation View Post
    I know a kid at an ACC school ( african american kid )who I had a recent conversation with. We were talking about a very good running back ( white kid ) who busted his high school career had good speed and excellent strength but didn't get very many high level offers. It was rumored that some scouts said " mr. HS coach I love him but if I offer a white kid at RB I will be out of a job." The ACC kid said his head coach will not recruit a white kid for a skilled athletic position that he doesn't believe white athletes are good enough. The ACC head coach is white. This isn't racist, It's opinion. I believe that it's wrong to judge any athlete by strictly skin color, but I'm not the head coach and he has a right to pick his team.
    But it is racist, IMO. They won’t recruit them because they are white.

  4. #19
    Fear the Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Up on top the pressbox @ Ryle football games.
    Posts
    5,192

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    But it is racist, IMO. They won’t recruit them because they are white.
    On appearance I would say yes. But Deuce I can't judge another man's heart and what's in it unless he really shows it or tells me. He may have years of experience that tells him his point of view is overall valid. I do know that that RB can play with anyone but that's my opinion. There are definitely white kids who can compete. I think a coach should look past something as superficial as skin but again that's my opinion.
    Funny short story I played at a HBCU, I'm White, played RB was a walk on. Kid in the locker room was talking one day after practice and said is anyone in the room going to address that we are a black school with a white running back who may start next year.... We all laughed. That was the late 80's. Guess times have changed.

  5. #20
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,253

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Nation View Post
    On appearance I would say yes. But Deuce I can't judge another man's heart and what's in it unless he really shows it or tells me.
    Thats just it, you gotta listen when they tell you.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    184

    Man, I'm going to have to go back and watch Friday Night Lights. I really don't remember this. The wife started watching it one day so I started watching probably about midway through season 2, but still loosely. I don't get a lot of time for tv anymore.

    All that I know is that she is in love with Tim Riggins. I just tell her that I look better than him.....��....I see myself in the mirror everyday

  7. #22
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    I stand with our soldiers who defend our flag.
    Posts
    21,225

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    It's pretty tough anymore to say much of anything without someone thinking it's racist. Just stay as boring as possible in your comments and you might be ok.
    100% or offended.

  8. #23
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,753

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    100% or offended.
    Truth. Whenever you tell someone that something they said could be perceived as racist they get offended.

  9. #24
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    I stand with our soldiers who defend our flag.
    Posts
    21,225

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Truth. Whenever you tell someone that something they said could be perceived as racist they get offended.
    Clever spin there.. lol

Top