How much does it cost for a private school?

Page 3 of Ziggy, I am not a catholic school alumni but I agree with your opposition in this thread. There is zero statistical info to support your original attac... 55 comments | 3143 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,987

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    I hate ignorant and blatantly inaccurate posts, made simply to insense those that read them.
    Yea me too.. Anyone starting to notice exactly who is getting upset here, RockPride, Trinity Alum, Tony Danza and Big Stud all supporters of private schools. And your right, reading some of your guys stuff does make my blood boil.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,987

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    BZ,

    If you had any facts and not just hear say some schools would be in trouble right now. Just face the facts some schools might just be more enticing to attend than Ludlow.
    Sorry BS, but after the Turners comments having a clearly thought out discussion with you isn't possible at this time. Talk it over with the Community, Fraternity or whatever you are going to call it for now.

  3. #33
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGZIG

    Yea me too.. Anyone starting to notice exactly who is getting upset here, RockPride, Trinity Alum, Tony Danza and Big Stud all supporters of private schools. And your right, reading some of your guys stuff does make my blood boil.

    I am just angry because my kid didn't get that free ride you speak of....

    Let me say this as well....I will always choose a catholic/private education over public....not because of athletics or really even education (you can get a good education at any school) for me it's all about the discipline.

  4. #34
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGZIG
    Sorry BS, but after the Turners comments having a clearly thought out discussion with you isn't possible at this time. Talk it over with the Community, Fraternity or whatever you are going to call it for now.
    Your hilarious. You have no facts all I have is the fact that no NKY private school has ever been found guilty of wrong doing. But NKY public schools is a whole different story.

  5. #35
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGZIG

    Yea me too.. Anyone starting to notice exactly who is getting upset here, RockPride, Trinity Alum, Tony Danza and Big Stud all supporters of private schools. And your right, reading some of your guys stuff does make my blood boil.
    Maybe its because the above mentioned people have people you have just criticized in your posts who we hold in high regard.

  6. #36
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,987

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDanza
    I am just angry because my kid didn't get that free ride you speak of....

    Let me say this as well....I will always choose a catholic/private education over public....not because of athletics or really even education (you can get a good education at any school) for me it's all about the discipline.
    That's fair enough and I will defend your right to choose those schools if that is your wish. Believe it or not I'm not opposed to the parochial schools as some have suggested. My father was catholic and so is my son so please before we get to that suggestion let me head that type of thinking off.
    I agree their are some advantages to a private/parochial education and have never suggested otherwise.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504


  8. #38
    Pat Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Location
    GO YANKS!
    Posts
    6,293

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    I wouldn't expect anything less.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Because we do things the right way....we shouldn't need to explain ourselves because we earned our success.

  10. #40
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,987

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    Because we do things the right way
    ....we shouldn't need to explain ourselves because we earned our success.
    Yea o.k. whatever you say...

  11. #41
    leatherneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 01
    Posts
    10,828

    Ziggy, I am not a catholic school alumni but I agree with your opposition in this thread. There is zero statistical info to support your original attack that athletes attending the catholic/private schools get more financial aid than the non athletes attending. You then morph your attack into your experience that CovCath comes to Ludlow to only when there are some good athletes. Even if true, so what? If Ludlow had the graduation rate, the college acceptance percentage, the discipline, the curriculum, the athletic success, etc. that CovCath does, then perhaps the Ludlow kids wouldn't be enticed to CovCath. This whole tuition issue is either a huge red herring, or an acknowledgement that the private school education is significantly better than your public school.

    Even if the private school gave 100% financial aid, it would then cost no more nor no less than what Ludlow charges an in district kid to attend Ludlow, which is $0.00. The fact that someone would pay even half of the normal tuition and choose a private school is an indicator that those parents believe that the private education is better than the public education in that district.

    I actually cheer and root for teams like Ludlow, Dixie and Boone County to be more successful athletically and academically (and its not become I'm a great guy either). When those programs struggle, it is only reasonable for parents living in those districts to consider other options and for most of them the first option is CovCath. When the public schools do well academically and athletically it eliminates major reasons for parents to even look at a private school, particularly if they have to pay ANY tuition. I'd rather see the public programs quit talking about the private school advantages and create some advantage of their own (like making their own districts places no student would ever leave). As I've stated in the past, if we had a lot of kids leaving Highlands to go to CovCath, I'd be focusing on improving Highlands, not whether CovCath was doing something wrong.

  12. #42
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,987

    Quote Originally Posted by leatherneck
    Ziggy, I am not a catholic school alumni but I agree with your opposition in this thread. There is zero statistical info to support your original attack that athletes attending the catholic/private schools get more financial aid than the non athletes attending. You then morph your attack into your experience that CovCath comes to Ludlow to only when there are some good athletes. Even if true, so what? If Ludlow had the graduation rate, the college acceptance percentage, the discipline, the curriculum, the athletic success, etc. that CovCath does, then perhaps the Ludlow kids wouldn't be enticed to CovCath. This whole tuition issue is either a huge red herring, or an acknowledgement that the private school education is significantly better than your public school.

    Even if the private school gave 100% financial aid, it would then cost no more nor no less than what Ludlow charges an in district kid to attend Ludlow, which is $0.00. The fact that someone would pay even half of the normal tuition and choose a private school is an indicator that those parents believe that the private education is better than the public education in that district.

    I actually cheer and root for teams like Ludlow, Dixie and Boone County to be more successful athletically and academically (and its not become I'm a great guy either). When those programs struggle, it is only reasonable for parents living in those districts to consider other options and for most of them the first option is CovCath. When the public schools do well academically and athletically it eliminates major reasons for parents to even look at a private school, particularly if they have to pay ANY tuition. I'd rather see the public programs quit talking about the private school advantages and create some advantage of their own (like making their own districts places no student would ever leave). As I've stated in the past, if we had a lot of kids leaving Highlands to go to CovCath, I'd be focusing on improving Highlands, not whether CovCath was doing something wrong.
    You make several very valid points and a great number of them I can agree with you in principal but I find a few a little off the mark but honestly I'm tiring of this discussion. I'll be glad when it's over with. As I've said in the past I doubt seriously that this propsal will ever pass so there is no need for everyone to get so worked up.
    By the way it's BigZig and not Ziggy, we haven't become that close yet.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    I think the point to this discussion is not financial aid and how much the students get. It is that the athletes can go to the private schools if they chose to.Their choice maybe helped by the fact that Johnny from Ludlow and Bill from Dixie along with Steve from Simon Kenton all come we will have a great team.Now if they stay at their normal district schools they will be good at their sport but the team will not be as good and get the recognition they would if they were all on the same team.They can all go to a private school and play but they can't all go to a public without moving into the district to be on the same team.It may not be said they were enticed to play at the private but these kids play on other teams together and parents know each other and want their kids to succeed the best they can.The problem is if the parents want their kids to go to a private they can if they want to go to a public out of their district they can't without turning their lives upside down.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Louisville, Ky USA
    Posts
    4,521

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash
    I think the point to this discussion is not financial aid and how much the students get. It is that the athletes can go to the private schools if they chose to.Their choice maybe helped by the fact that Johnny from Ludlow and Bill from Dixie along with Steve from Simon Kenton all come we will have a great team.Now if they stay at their normal district schools they will be good at their sport but the team will not be as good and get the recognition they would if they were all on the same team.They can all go to a private school and play but they can't all go to a public without moving into the district to be on the same team.It may not be said they were enticed to play at the private but these kids play on other teams together and parents know each other and want their kids to succeed the best they can.The problem is if the parents want their kids to go to a private they can if they want to go to a public out of their district they can't without turning their lives upside down.
    Every public school district in the state is free to admit students from out of district and charge them tuition. Most choose not to. After all, how many people would pay tuition to attend a public school.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Muswellbrook
    Posts
    551

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity alum
    If you consider calling very fine people liars and cheats hitting close to home then you are right, you hit very close to home. You get on here and spout about what you know. Report it. I'll let you in on a secret. If I found my school cheating I'd report it. I don't want my school to cheat. It doesn't. It is that simple.
    I have a relative that personally knows the mother of a star player at one of the 'big 2' in louisville. the kid is from southern indiana and there's no way his mother (a single mom) can afford tuition. now, would the school go across the river to get this kid and offer assistance if he was not an athlete?

    you answer that. is that cheating? I don't know.

Top