Horrific news out of Allen County

Page 8 of What kind of game was she at? A HS, Middle School game, or little league games? Advertisement Nov 16, 15, 09:18 AM #22 Colonels_Wear_Blue View Pro... 116 comments | 6898 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    30,602

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    I have a question:

    How can they know the DNA they found is definitely this guys? Not saying he's not guilty. But I was under the impression it took a while to get DNA results. Have lab times decreased?
    They can do a basic DNA match in a matter of days at this point. Without getting into detail (I've had it explained to me and I don't know that I could do justice at a decent explanation myself), a basic DNA match will identify the sample within, say, 99% of the shadow of a doubt...or in other words, enough to get a warrant. Then the remaining 1% is evaluated with additional testing to verify that they definitely have the correct suspect. That takes up to another 2 weeks to get all of the complete fine-detail-type, 100% conclusive results back.
    Advertisement

  2. #107

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    I have a question:

    How can they know the DNA they found is definitely this guys? Not saying he's not guilty. But I was under the impression it took a while to get DNA results. Have lab times decreased?
    It depends on the lab, and the priority. It's possible to get them back within a few days now.

    I hit on it before he was arrested about evidence. That it seemed like it was a quick thing and that the murderer wouldn't have time to attempt to clean up, ad when he was done he most likely got out of there quickly.

  3. #108
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,540

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    I have a question:

    How can they know the DNA they found is definitely this guys? Not saying he's not guilty. But I was under the impression it took a while to get DNA results. Have lab times decreased?
    I think the process was sped up a little in this case.

    It takes weeks because there's a long waiting list I believe.

  4. #109
    rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    54,806

    Thanks, guys! I had no idea that the forensics had improved so drastically!

    Now, lets get that backlog of rape kits processed!

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    I hope they speed up the death sentence too.

  6. #111

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    I hope they speed up the death sentence too.
    1) good luck with that thought.
    2) death would be too easy for him, they HATE people like him in prison. He will wish he was dead.

  7. #112
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,540

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    Thanks, guys! I had no idea that the forensics had improved so drastically!

    Now, lets get that backlog of rape kits processed!
    I think this was sped up because a 7 year old was killed and the killer was unknown.

    My guess is the list is still long and processing other cases will still take a lot of time due to money and man power.

  8. #113
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy41017 View Post
    1) good luck with that thought.
    2) death would be too easy for him, they HATE people like him in prison. He will wish he was dead.
    He will be segregated with the other sex offenders. They don't mix with the general population. So, he's not in as much danger as we might hope in prison.

  9. #114
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,941

    If I were ever to have a change of heart and find myself supporting the death penalty, it would be for scumbags like this guy....

  10. #115
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    9,251

    Cut his manhood off and force feed it to him!

  11. #116
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

Top