ESPN Radio Host Ryen Russillo Arrested In Wyoming

  1. #1
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,161

    ESPN Radio Host Ryen Russillo Arrested In Wyoming

    ESPN's Ryen Russillo arrested on criminal entry charge - NY Daily News

    According the article, he was drunk, naked, and charged with criminal entry.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,161

    I really hope ESPN doesn't overreact to this. He is the best thing about ESPN.

  3. #3
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,161

    Will a moderator change the thread title to spell Ryens name correctly. Auto correct doesn't take to lightly putting an e instead of an a.

  4. #4
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,085

    Drunk as a skunk

  5. #5
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,644

    The only thing I like about Russillo sports talk is his NBA insight. Mediocre at best on everything else. I hate - absolutely hate - when he judges his own takes on air. He does it often. He will say stuff like ... Well, that segment fell flat ... or ... we really did a great job on that segment. Just do your job and let us judge if it was any good. Save the self analysis for production meetings.

  6. #6
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,161

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    The only thing I like about Russillo sports talk is his NBA insight. Mediocre at best on everything else. I hate - absolutely hate - when he judges his own takes on air. He does it often. He will say stuff like ... Well, that segment fell flat ... or ... we really did a great job on that segment. Just do your job and let us judge if it was any good. Save the self analysis for production meetings.
    I like him because he's real. He's a guy that would be a lot of fun to hang out with. Obviously based on this article maybe even too much fun. I think he is dramatically different than anybody else at ESPN right now with the exception of SVP. It's amazing those two used to host the same radio show.

  7. #7
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    87,982

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I really hope ESPN doesn't overreact to this. He is the best thing about ESPN.
    Seems like a good dude, but he's bad at best hosting a radio show. The drop off in quality on ESPN Radio from 12:54 to 1:01 is drastic...

  8. #8
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,161

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Seems like a good dude, but he's bad at best hosting a radio show. The drop off in quality on ESPN Radio from 12:54 to 1:01 is drastic...
    While I admit Lebetard has grown on me, I dont think there is a drop off. I really like Russillo. I think he was better with a co host though. He was really good with SVP and pretty decent with Kanell. He needs a good co host though.

  9. #9
    Lil Sebastian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    220

    I've never been a huge fan of Russillo. I thought he was okay playing off SVP, but don't like him as the lead. He's always seemed like that stereotypical college frat bro that just never came to terms with the fact that he's no longer in college. This story only adds to the persona.

  10. #10
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,644

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I like him because he's real. He's a guy that would be a lot of fun to hang out with. Obviously based on this article maybe even too much fun. I think he is dramatically different than anybody else at ESPN right now with the exception of SVP. It's amazing those two used to host the same radio show.
    Sorry ... I didn't like Van Pelt either.

  11. #11
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,161

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Sorry ... I didn't like Van Pelt either.
    Really? Van Pelt is the man.

  12. #12
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,800

    Lebatard wayyyyy up here.























































    Everyone else........

  13. #13
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,644

    It took me a while to figure out Lebatard. Now that I get what he's doing, I can enjoy his show in measured doses. I don't consider his show sports talk. His show is more about entertainment and satire with sports as a backdrop. If you are looking for sports information, strategic thinking and insight, you're wasting your time listening to Lebatard. If you think sports are a big joke that people spend way too much time on, you will love Lebatard.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,347

    Not a Russilo fan at all and never has been. He has always come off like he wanted to be "The Guy" and came across like even though he was the 2nd fiddle to SVP , he always wanted to be top dog and tended to come across as too arrogant in many ways. Just not a fan. Very few on ESPN that I'm truly a fan of anymore ever since Tom Jackson retired. It's basically down to Jay Bilas and Kirk Herbstreit, everyone else I don't care too much for.

  15. #15
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    5,968

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Not a Russilo fan at all and never has been. He has always come off like he wanted to be "The Guy" and came across like even though he was the 2nd fiddle to SVP , he always wanted to be top dog and tended to come across as too arrogant in many ways. Just not a fan. Very few on ESPN that I'm truly a fan of anymore ever since Tom Jackson retired. It's basically down to Jay Bilas and Kirk Herbstreit, everyone else I don't care too much for.
    Something we agree on!!!

Top