ESPN Host calls for boycott of NFL advertisers.

Page 4 of After Jerry jones issued the statement of Dallas players having to stand. ESPN host calls on people to boycott the advertisers. Isnt the NFL ESPNs bigg... 202 comments | 3610 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,221

    Quote Originally Posted by THE SHERIFF View Post
    The fact that nobody has called Jones on this tells me they don't think he's bluffing.
    or maybe some players are ignoring it all. I would love to see them do it. Now Jerry will do whatever it takes to win and if these three knelt over multiple games he'd acquiesce. Jerry wants to win rather than e politically correct.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting up NKY way enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,215

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Good, I hope she gets one of those shows so she can spew her political ideas and let someone take her espn job that will spew their sports.
    It is getting hard to find something on TV that isn't political anymore? Late night "comedians" spew political drivel, ESPN has it's agenda they're pushing, and don't get me started on Hollywood?

    Might be fun to watch a sporting event one day, and only hear sport's commentary? What a novel idea!

  3. #48
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,587

    If they want to raise awareness of social injustice and racial equality then why not just boycott playing and sit out.

    Then they will get what they want. No National Anthem since the country is so bad to them and maybe one day get rid of the American flag altogether since it's racist too.

  4. #49
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,221

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    If they want to raise awareness of social injustice and racial equality then why not just boycott playing and sit out.

    Then they will get what they want. No National Anthem since the country is so bad to them and maybe one day get rid of the American flag altogether since it's racist too.
    That is not what they are protesting. Not one has condemned the National Anthem or mistreated the flag that is not their issue and never has been. Nor saying things to dishonor those who served.

    But you know that and evidently don't believe them.

    None of this has been bad in my opinion. Kap wearing the socks that portrayed LE as pigs was awful and totally disrespectful. That is the one that ticked me off.

    I have no sympathy for Jemele Hill. his was her second social media offense after , I assume, told to not repeat the behavior. She is a smart lady, knew what she was doing, and is dealing with the consequences she undoubtedly knew would come.

    It doesn't make any difference if she is right or wrong in my thinking on the issue, if ESPN is a fair or unfair place to some, is hypocritical, it is defiance straight up.

  5. #50
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,221

    I have made points that if Dak, Zeke and Dez defied the demands of the boss, Jerry would change his tune, I believe that. However, if the boss says it, it is legal and reasonable, and you defy it, you should face the consequences. I just don't think he'd do that with those three.

    What if 20-25 did? I am not sure he would stay with it either.

    I don't think we will ever find out because the Cowboys appear to be on board with not kneeling.

    But part of me would love to see what would happen.

  6. #51
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,737

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    Most knew what they were doing.

    Let's see what Jerry would do if Zeke, Dak, and Dez knelt during the anthem. I guarantee he wouldn't stay the course.
    I hope all this goes away, but if it doesn't and someone tests Jerry I hear what you are saying @Bengal Maniac

  7. #52
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,676

    I don't believe there is collusion by the owners on keeping Kaepernick out of the league. I do believe that Kaepernick's actions have hurt him when owners have considered him as an option, mainly out of concern the impact it would have with fans.

  8. #53
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I agree. Jerry is just saying what 90% of the owners are thinking. Also, Goodell has been shockingly quiet about this. The league will fine you for not wearing your socks correctly but is letting the players break written rules on this...
    Smart move by the league. Will come in handy down the road if they can continue to be quiet.

  9. #54
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,221

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I don't believe there is collusion by the owners on keeping Kaepernick out of the league. I do believe that Kaepernick's actions have hurt him when owners have considered him as an option, mainly out of concern the impact it would have with fans.
    He also has not been on a team to get in game condition or have timing in 15-18 months. That has to play in the decision right now. Not in July, but now it does. It would take way too long to get him there at this point in the season.

  10. #55
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting up NKY way enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,215

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    That is not what they are protesting. Not one has condemned the National Anthem or mistreated the flag that is not their issue and never has been. Nor saying things to dishonor those who served.

    But you know that and evidently don't believe them.

    None of this has been bad in my opinion. Kap wearing the socks that portrayed LE as pigs was awful and totally disrespectful. That is the one that ticked me off.

    I have no sympathy for Jemele Hill. his was her second social media offense after , I assume, told to not repeat the behavior. She is a smart lady, knew what she was doing, and is dealing with the consequences she undoubtedly knew would come.

    It doesn't make any difference if she is right or wrong in my thinking on the issue, if ESPN is a fair or unfair place to some, is hypocritical, it is defiance straight up.
    So what exactly ARE they supposedly protesting? Didn't the whole Kap thing start over the long ago debunked "Hand's Up, Don't Shoot" lie from the thug in St. Louis?? While I've heard of no players directly disrespecting the military, many feel that disrespecting the National Anthem by kneeling IS disrespecting those who've fought & died for the Flag?

    The entire thing is getting quite stale & old IMO, as I tune into sports for entertainment and a diversion from the everyday chaos? If they want to be social warriors, then go be social warriors; but don't expect to be paid like entertainers if you do??

  11. #56
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,224

    Ask yourself this simple question: If Kaepernick had knelt in order to protest the unfair treatment of veterans after they fulfill their duties and the fact that they do not receive the care they are promised, would that be disrespecting the flag?

  12. #57
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,224

    If you say no, then you are a total hypocrite and its not the kneeling that you don't like it's why their kneeling and you are just trying to change the subject because it makes you uncomfortable.

  13. #58
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,221

    Quote Originally Posted by StickerMann View Post
    So what exactly ARE they supposedly protesting? Didn't the whole Kap thing start over the long ago debunked "Hand's Up, Don't Shoot" lie from the thug in St. Louis?? While I've heard of no players directly disrespecting the military, many feel that disrespecting the National Anthem by kneeling IS disrespecting those who've fought & died for the Flag?



    The entire thing is getting quite stale & old IMO, as I tune into sports for entertainment and a diversion from the everyday chaos? If they want to be social warriors, then go be social warriors; but don't expect to be paid like entertainers if you do??
    They are protesting the social injustices they believe how blacks are being treated and mostly at the police brutality towards blacks and the court systems they believe will not prosecute LE.

    You probably knew that you just don't apparently agree, which of course, is fine. But so is their right to send their message legally.

  14. #59
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,224

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    They are protesting the social injustices they believe how blacks are being treated and mostly at the police brutality towards blacks and the court systems they believe will not prosecute LE.

    You probably knew that you just don't apparently agree, which of course, is fine. But so is their right to send their message legally.
    The topic makes people uncomfortable. Thats why the conversations always turn to disrespecting the flag.

  15. #60
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting up NKY way enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,215

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    They are protesting the social injustices they believe how blacks are being treated and mostly at the police brutality towards blacks and the court systems they believe will not prosecute LE.

    You probably knew that you just don't apparently agree, which of course, is fine. But so is their right to send their message legally.
    I realize that's the line now, but didn't it start over the STL incident? Forgive me if it gets confusing what is being protested by who these days, as I've seen everything from the police to Trump to Christopher Columbus to Cat in the Hat to guns to anyone with an opinion opposite the Kardashians, etc. protested?

    Guess I'm getting a little weary of the political dialogue in sports, which used to be a break from real life; and the "eternal society of victimhood" created by our politicians. Maybe if these so-called football players weren't so tired from protesting and kneeling, they could put on a Monday night game where they outscored a playoff baseball game??

Top