ESPN Host calls for boycott of NFL advertisers.

Page 12 of After Jerry jones issued the statement of Dallas players having to stand. ESPN host calls on people to boycott the advertisers. Isnt the NFL ESPNs bigg... 202 comments | 3552 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #166
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,580

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    It’s football, not rocket science.

    Do your job while you’re at work and do your social activism on your own time.
    I agree but now they want to make a spectacle out of it and it's now more of a disgrace because it's not about the original reason. It's now about you can't tell us what to do.
    Advertisement

  2. #167
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Browns suck. They could not win if they had a all star team.
    They don't win because they have bad players. I'm not sure that's relevant here at all.

  3. #168
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    I agree but now they want to make a spectacle out of it and it's now more of a disgrace because it's not about the original reason. It's now about you can't tell us what to do.
    But they can't tell them what to do that's the whole point.

  4. #169
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,580

    Well hit the players where it hurts the most, as does the owners. The pocket book.

    If they kneel, take a game check. I mean it's a job and they are at work, don't they need to do what they are supposed to do.

  5. #170
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Well hit the players where it hurts the most, as does the owners. The pocket book.

    If they kneel, take a game check. I mean it's a job and they are at work, don't they need to do what they are supposed to do.
    The players are prepared to miss games. It won't hurt them as bad as you think. After a couple of weeks of crappy games, they'll start paying them again. They'll have no choice.

  6. #171
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,580

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    But they can't tell them what to do that's the whole point.
    Why can't it be a rule that they have to stand. Do the owners not pay the players?
    Are the players at work when kneeling?

  7. #172
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Why can't it be a rule that they have to stand. Do the owners not pay the players?
    Are the players at work when kneeling?
    You can tell them to stand and they won't play at all.

  8. #173
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,580

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    You can tell them to stand and they won't play at all.
    I guess time will tell.

    I would like to think the players would say"hey we proved our point and got more awareness out and now we are going to show respect to our country"

    But we know that's not happening and more and more will despise the players and as revenue falls so does big contracts. Players are only hurting their own cause.

  9. #174
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,819

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    They don't win because they have bad players. I'm not sure that's relevant here at all.
    Cleveland curse man. Cursed. Cavs only won cause a player on the other team was stupid or they curse would be still full blown. Just poking fun at your Browns comment. Lighten up.

    Plus they need to protest on their own time. Not one thing has changed since the players started kneeling. Just more divide and attention seekers. Like I have said before, you made your point, now try to do something to fix it. Its not like the whole world does not know about it. Thats why its no longer about social injustice. Its about "me", which is why people dont like it.

  10. #175
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,819

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    You can tell them to stand and they won't play at all.
    No play, no pay.

  11. #176
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,381

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    You can tell them to stand and they won't play at all.
    As an avid fantasy football guy this worries me.

  12. #177
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,381

    Bottom line IMO, the NFL needs the players more than the players need the NFL.

  13. #178
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    No play, no pay.
    What part of they're ok with that don't you understand?

  14. #179
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Cleveland curse man. Cursed. Cavs only won cause a player on the other team was stupid or they curse would be still full blown. Just poking fun at your Browns comment. Lighten up.

    Plus they need to protest on their own time. Not one thing has changed since the players started kneeling. Just more divide and attention seekers. Like I have said before, you made your point, now try to do something to fix it. Its not like the whole world does not know about it. Thats why its no longer about social injustice. Its about "me", which is why people dont like it.
    They are doing stuff to try and fix the issues, it just doesn't get talked about.

  15. #180
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    "The fans are going to stop watching" no they aren't. What are you going to do watch soccer on the weekends now? People aren't just going to stop liking football.

Top