Dirty birds punishment. **poll only**

Page 2 of Do you agree with the reported punishment for the Dirty bird urine incident? No need to post here. There are already two threads on the subject. I just... 58 comments | 4155 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the reported punishment of 3 suspension days and 5 game suspension?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too light, should be more

    61 92.42%
  • Just right, it is fair

    5 7.58%
  • Too hard, should be less

    0 0%
  1. #16
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,219

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Now things have crossed the line and these threads need to be closed down for good. Move on people, it is over and done with.
    How so? People aren't allowed to voice their displeasure about the joke of a punishment they handed down? It's pathetic that these losers get to continue with their athletic careers and the victim in the incident doesn't. It's indefensible.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,077

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    The punishment is an absolute joke.

    The victim can't play baseball, but the moronic losers that did it get to? How's that justice?
    No one made the victim quit. I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but it's not like he's NOT ALLOWED to play.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    229

    Jack, you really want to put this to bed, dont you?!

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,222

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    How so? People aren't allowed to voice their displeasure about the joke of a punishment they handed down? It's pathetic that these losers get to continue with their athletic careers and the victim in the incident doesn't. It's indefensible.
    How about that the kid and his family want it over and done with? Will you and others not be satisfied until that kid does something? Cannot make it any simpler than that. School board has nothing to do with this nor does the KHSAA. Admin took facts, set punishment and everyone has moved on except for those on here that cannot understand that.

    Perhaps these threads are teetering on harassment or bullying since people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the family and kid want to move on.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    229

    Bench...but outing a gay player and chasing a bus and the coach doesn't get fired is egregious? That's a mixed messages!

  6. #21
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,219

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    No one made the victim quit. I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but it's not like he's NOT ALLOWED to play.
    Right, because being on a team with idiots who can't even treat a teammate with basic human decency sounds like a swell way to spend time. Those responsible still being on the team is pretty much the coach and school forcing him to quit.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    How about that the kid and his family want it over and done with? Will you and others not be satisfied until that kid does something? Cannot make it any simpler than that. School board has nothing to do with this nor does the KHSAA. Admin took facts, set punishment and everyone has moved on except for those on here that cannot understand that.

    Perhaps these threads are teetering on harassment or bullying since people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the family and kid want to move on.
    As long as the morons that did it are allowed to play while the other young man feels uncomfortable to do so these threads will probably not die.

  8. #23
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    So what was the actual punishment?

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    No one made the victim quit. I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but it's not like he's NOT ALLOWED to play.
    WOW. If he feels that he had to quit because of the situation and the jackwagons that caused that are still on the team then he has basically been told he's not wanted on the team.

  10. #25
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,524

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Extremely weak. I don't think they should be kicked out of school but needed a longer suspension and should never be allowed to wear a Highlands uniform again.

    I already sent my email. Everyone who is spouting off about the lack of punishment, etc. should be doing the same whether you have kids at HHS or not.
    Great minds think alike.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 09
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,453

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Now things have crossed the line and these threads need to be closed down for good. Move on people, it is over and done with.
    I believe you feel that is the case, and for many they probably feel the same way (or at least hope that is the case). However, I do not feel the same way. Often something that is believed to be a closed issue - Ray Rice for an example - is reopened when new evidence or even public outcry is too great. So, while I respect your belief that this is a closed issue, I think it may be too early to state that as emphatically as you are (and in reality I hope you are wrong as I feel the punishment is too light.)

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,371

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    So what was the actual punishment?
    It's in the title of the poll.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    How about that the kid and his family want it over and done with? Will you and others not be satisfied until that kid does something? Cannot make it any simpler than that. School board has nothing to do with this nor does the KHSAA. Admin took facts, set punishment and everyone has moved on except for those on here that cannot understand that.

    Perhaps these threads are teetering on harassment or bullying since people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the family and kid want to move on.
    And that is teaching the 5 players... what? Why do some want this to "just go away?" By doing so is only going to create more attention.

    I applaud the HHS and Fort Thomas people who think that the punishment is too light. But for some wanting this to go away? From the looks of the Tweets there is an issue, and as All Tell has asked in the other thread, a culture.

  14. #29
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    It's in the title of the poll.
    Dohhh (Homer Simpson voice)....

  15. #30
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,673

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    It's in the title of the poll.
    A lot of people use mobile which is harder to see.

Top