Dick's Sporting Goods to Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

Page 14 of "One of the nation... 366 comments | 9265 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #196
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    So in short, you only have an issue with Dick's lobbying because you don't agree with the message they are pushing. If they were advocating for more guns, you wouldn't care that they were lobbying.
    I don't have an issue with them being able to lobby, I have issue with their position. Are you saying look at both sides neutrally? If so your lying because nobody does. Everyone as a side on an issue they care about. I think everyone should have a voice. But I'm going to disagree with those on the opposite side. If you disagree with the NRA's position you should say so but my point is people want to blame them for the shootings and lack of change.
    Advertisement

  2. #197
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    I do blame them for not offering solutions. I will pile on to hem for the same reasons you’ll pile on to Dick’s
    That's fair. But to be clear I'm not piling on Dicks. I'm disagreeing with them on wanting bans and I will voice that disagreement with my $

  3. #198
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    That's fair. But to be clear I'm not piling on Dicks. I'm disagreeing with them on wanting bans and I will voice that disagreement with my $
    How much $ would you say you spent annually at Dick's?

  4. #199
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I mean, if you really think about it, they're absolutely culpable. They funnel millions of dollars to the lawmakers to sit on their hands when any gun issue comes to the forefront.
    They funnel money to lawmakers to make sure they protect our 2A rights. The inaction to make schools more protect and not a barrel full of fish is what allows this to continue to happen. The shooters are cowards and are doing this in schools because they know there is no opposition. Schools are shooting galleries. Last time I checked the NRA didn't lobby to continue to not protect schools.

  5. #200
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    How much $ would you say you spent annually at Dick's?
    Not enough to be blip on their radar but it will be $0 from now on.

  6. #201
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    They funnel money to lawmakers to make sure they protect our 2A rights. The inaction to make schools more protect and not a barrel full of fish is what allows this to continue to happen. The shooters are cowards and are doing this in schools because they know there is no opposition. Schools are shooting galleries. Last time I checked the NRA didn't lobby to continue to not protect schools.
    But they do lobby to make sure their lemmings in Washington oppose any and all measures that could make it more difficult for these cowards to get guns.

  7. #202
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Not enough to be blip on their radar but it will be $0 from now on.
    Thanks. Was asking because most on here that oppose what Dick's has implemented have stated they don't shop there anyways.

  8. #203
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    They funnel money to lawmakers to make sure they protect our 2A rights. The inaction to make schools more protect and not a barrel full of fish is what allows this to continue to happen. The shooters are cowards and are doing this in schools because they know there is no opposition. Schools are shooting galleries. Last time I checked the NRA didn't lobby to continue to not protect schools.
    Agreed.

    Just because they don't believe banning semi automatic rifles from law abiding citizens doesn't mean they're culpable in murders.

  9. #204
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,853

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    But they do lobby to make sure their lemmings in Washington oppose any and all measures that could make it more difficult for these cowards to get guns.
    Exactly. The NRA is NOT responsible for these shootings, the shooters are. What they are responsible for is paying people to not make changes that could make our communities safer for some.

  10. #205
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    But they do lobby to make sure their lemmings in Washington oppose any and all measures that could make it more difficult for these cowards to get guns.
    They are a gun rights organization, of course they lobby for gun rights. What measure would you have that would make it more difficult for the Florida shooter to get a gun? Age limit of 21? Fine, then we as a country have to change thinking and move the age you are an adult to 21. That means voting, military, age to be charged as an adult for a crime, ect.... What about the Marshall Co shooter? He didn't buy his gun. He used a hand gun, you already have to be 21 to buy a hand gun. How did that work?

  11. #206
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,853

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Thanks. Was asking because most on here that oppose what Dick's has implemented have stated they don't shop there anyways.
    This will have little to no impact on Dick's bottom line, as much as a lot of folks hope it will. They are a business, and they have already calculated what this could cost them, and obviously they felt it was a small enough risk for them to implement the new policy.

  12. #207
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Exactly. The NRA is NOT responsible for these shootings, the shooters are. What they are responsible for is paying people to not make changes that could make our communities safer for some.
    That's assuming everyone agrees those changes will make communities safer. Not everyone does.

  13. #208
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Thanks. Was asking because most on here that oppose what Dick's has implemented have stated they don't shop there anyways.
    I probably spend $500 a year there. Usually get my kids cleats and tennis shoes there. Get their sports equipment there. I'll buy some workout stuff, even shoes there.

  14. #209
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    I probably spend $500 a year there. Usually get my kids cleats and tennis shoes there. Get their sports equipment there. I'll buy some workout stuff, even shoes there.
    Go online. You'll be saving money because of Dicks decision.

  15. #210
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    31,064

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    But they do lobby to make sure their lemmings in Washington oppose any and all measures that could make it more difficult for these cowards to get guns.
    You mean those lemmings we lemmings elected?

Top