Cop dies after being shot by black crimimal

Page 2 of Originally Posted by TheDeuce Why is there not as much outrage? Because police officers take an oath to PROTECT and Serve. There's nothing protective a... 47 comments | 1973 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash View Post
    I'm surprised cities can get police officers the way things are going for them. I know there are bad officers just like their are bad individuals in every phase of work. Just seems like they are damned if they shoot first and dead if they don't. Maybe they will all just quit and let the criminals do what they want when they want. Wonder how that would go over with people?
    The bolded is complete hyperbole. In the SC incident, the Tulsa OK incident, and this Baltimore incident, no one was armed. The cops weren't in danger in any way, and they weren't accidents.

    In the Michael Brown case, the vast majority on here felt that Officer Wilson's actions were justified.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    420

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    The bolded is complete hyperbole. In the SC incident, the Tulsa OK incident, and this Baltimore incident, no one was armed. The cops weren't in danger in any way, and they weren't accidents.

    In the Michael Brown case, the vast majority on here felt that Officer Wilson's actions were justified.
    The Tulsa, OK situation was definitely an accident. That guy doesn't run and try to get away and resist, no one tackles him, that old man doesn't accidentally shoot his gun rather than his taser.

    The statement made was definite hyperbole, but right now you could not pay me to be a cop. In split second situations, you don't have time to run through the list of criteria that people would manipulate in the media given the chance.

  3. #18
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,082

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    In the Michael Brown case, the vast majority on here felt that Officer Wilson's actions were justified.
    To be fair, most on BGP were crushing the police officers actions when this first happened. It was only after the facts came out that most (begrudgingly) changed their mind on that incident.

  4. #19
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by HeelsOnField View Post
    The Tulsa, OK situation was definitely an accident. That guy doesn't run and try to get away and resist, no one tackles him, that old man doesn't accidentally shoot his gun rather than his taser.

    The statement made was definite hyperbole, but right now you could not pay me to be a cop. In split second situations, you don't have time to run through the list of criteria that people would manipulate in the media given the chance.
    Agreed on your 2nd point.

    As to the OK situation, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just don't buy that a law enforcement officer would ever mistake his gun for a taser. Either way, my point was that in each of those 3 situations had the cops not used their firearm, they wouldn't be dead, and neither would the deceased.

  5. #20
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    To be fair, most on BGP were crushing the police officers actions when this first happened. It was only after the facts came out that most (begrudgingly) changed their mind on that incident.
    As is always the case. You can only form opinions based on what's available. There's nothing wrong with people's opinions changing as they learn new things. And it was most definitely not begrudgingly.

  6. #21
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,082

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    As is always the case. You can only form opinions based on what's available. There's nothing wrong with people's opinions changing as they learn new things. And it was most definitely not begrudgingly.
    Or, we can wait for the facts. I've weighed in on several threads and commented that IF the facts are as they are being reported then XXXX is how I feel. But many act like each snippet from CNN,Fox,MSNBC or website that they see are all of the facts in the case and are ready to assign guilt and blame moments after something happens. It seems as if there is a rush to think the worst of people and many are upset when it plays out differently.

    You may not have changed your mind begrudgingly, BUT there were several that hated the fact that the FACTS didn't go along with their Police Bashing Narrative that they were pushing. They very begrudgingly did change their opinion.

  7. #22
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Or, we can wait for the facts. I've weighed in on several threads and commented that IF the facts are as they are being reported then XXXX is how I feel. But many act like each snippet from CNN,Fox,MSNBC or website that they see are all of the facts in the case and are ready to assign guilt and blame moments after something happens. It seems as if there is a rush to think the worst of people and many are upset when it plays out differently.

    You may not have changed your mind begrudgingly, BUT there were several that hated the fact that the FACTS didn't go along with their Police Bashing Narrative that they were pushing. They very begrudgingly did change their opinion.
    Your second paragraph is pure hogwash.

  8. #23
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,082

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Your second paragraph is pure hogwash.
    So you know the mind of EVERY poster on BGP?

    I know for a fact there are some that post with quite a bit of joy anytime there are negative police stories.

  9. #24
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    So you know the mind of EVERY poster on BGP?

    I know for a fact there are some that post with quite a bit of joy anytime there are negative police stories.
    You're the one that made the outlandish claim, not I.

    Do you know the mind of EVERY (gotta use bold for effect) poster on BGP?

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    So you know the mind of EVERY poster on BGP?

    I know for a fact there are some that post with quite a bit of joy anytime there are negative police stories.
    Yes they do.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Wait on the facts. Hahahaha, that's a joke.

    People on here took the word of a criminal who said Brown was on his knees begging to not get shot.

    People want to make up their own facts as to go with their personal opinion. I'm also one of the worst to do it. So I will bash myself before a few on here do.

  12. #27
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Wait on the facts. Hahahaha, that's a joke.

    People on here took the word of a criminal who said Brown was on his knees begging to not get shot.

    People want to make up their own facts as to go with their personal opinion. I'm also one of the worst to do it. So I will bash myself before a few on here do.
    No one waits on the facts before forming an opinion. No one. Everyone forms their opinion based on what's known at the time, and then as the facts change, opinions are changed accordingly. There's nothing wrong that. Not sure why people try to make it out to be a bad thing.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    No one waits on the facts before forming an opinion. No one. Everyone forms their opinion based on what's known at the time, and then as the facts change, opinions are changed accordingly. There's nothing wrong that. Not sure why people try to make it out to be a bad thing.
    OMG, it's a sign of the apocalypse. Your right. And I do agree with you on this.

  14. #29
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,082

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    You're the one that made the outlandish claim, not I.

    Do you know the mind of EVERY (gotta use bold for effect) poster on BGP?
    Not sure what your not comprehending?
    1. I said there were some that begrudgingly changed their stance after the facts didn't support their earlier position.
    2. You said Hogwash, which would seem to imply that you think ZERO people on BGP felt that way.
    3. I asked "Do you know the mind of every poster?"
    4. Instead of answering for your outlandish claim of Hogwash...You asked if I know the mind of every poster?

    I never said I knew the mind of every poster, just stated that some felt that way.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Because in these instances when people acted on opinion rather then facts riots occurred.

Top