Christians can't turn down HYPOTHETICAL catering jobs but Muslims...

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Christians can't turn down HYPOTHETICAL catering jobs but Muslims...

    ...who are truck drivers can refuse to transport liquor because it violates their beliefs and be backed up by the Federal Government.

    LINK
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Drunks are not a protected group.

    Dang.

  3. #3
    InItToWinIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    1,686

    The first item on the Left agenda is Anti-Christianity...

  4. #4
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Stupid. Don't agree with it at all.

    How long did you have to search for a case from almost 2 years ago?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Just popped up on my Facebook feed today but considering the outcry over the RFRA law I thought it was appropriate to show the double standard that exists in this country.

  6. #6
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    There's also the glaring difference that in this case they weren't refusing business with a specific group of people.

  7. #7
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    Just popped up on my Facebook feed today but considering the outcry over the RFRA law I thought it was appropriate to show the double standard that exists in this country.
    While I don't agree with it, you really don't see the differences here?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    If this ever affects my getting my bacon egg and cheese biscuit I'll be upset then.

  9. #9
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,639

    Same here. Apples and cucumbers.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    While I don't agree with it, you really don't see the differences here?
    I see a double standard. If a business owner can't refuse to do something on the grounds of deeply held religious beliefs then I don't think an employee should either, regardless of their religion. Obviously the Feds don't agree. Can't really say I'm surprised.

  11. #11
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    I see a double standard. If a business owner can't refuse to do something on the grounds of deeply held religious beliefs then I don't think an employee should either, regardless of their religion. Obviously the Feds don't agree. Can't really say I'm surprised.
    So you're completely ignoring the fact that in this case no group of people are being discriminated against?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    I see two situations (one hypothetical, one real) where people held that their religious beliefs prevented them from doing something job related. I see one religion being told what you believe is irrelevant and the other being told that your beliefs outweigh the demands of a job you took.

  13. #13
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    I see two situations (one hypothetical, one real) where people held that their religious beliefs prevented them from doing something job related. I see one religion being told what you believe is irrelevant and the other being told that your beliefs outweigh the demands of a job you took.
    Of course you do. You do understand their is a difference between alcohol and homosexuals, right?

    Refusing to transport alcohol is infringing upon no ones rights and discriminating against no one.

    Refusing to provide services, which you're in business for, to someone for being gay is discriminatory.

    Seriously, you're smarter than this.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    If religion has no place in business, as I believe your argument in the other thread stated, then it doesn't matter if you're discriminating against someone or not, religion simply has no place. If that's the standard then this is clearly a violation of that standard.

  15. #15
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    If religion has no place in business, as I believe your argument in the other thread stated, then it doesn't matter if you're discriminating against someone or not, religion simply has no place. If that's the standard then this is clearly a violation of that standard.
    And how many times do you want me to say I don't agree with this before you get it that I think it's a stupid decision?

    That doesn't mean the circumstances or issues are even remotely similar, because they aren't.

Top