Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Page 6 of Originally Posted by CakeEater1983 A few things. A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug&qu... 1089 comments | 108114 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    The couple posts about if kids were starters on other teams or if they were football players made me laugh. You should be embarrassed to even consider that that makes a difference . Wait, I know, it's called hate. Give it up on attacking the football team or any other sport. So laughable and again, I'm embarrassed for you!
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    I am also hearing relative to other punishments from the past this punishment is extremely light. My source on this one says the reason the punishment is so light is because there are six important players involved and the same rules don't apply.

    And if there is an other side to this, we are all ears. Or, if you know the other side of it, you can PM me with the details and I will not reveal you as a source but you better not be running any game.

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    50

    The punishment is definitely not going to fit the crime. I'm hearing a week suspension from school and baseball. That's pathetic and a joke if you ask me. I hear the victim has already quit the team and doesnt want to be part of anymore bullying. All of the names i have heard involved are seniors, except the victim of course. Time to teach the students and younger baseball players a lesson for the future that nothing will ever be tolerated like this. The punishment must fit the crime!

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    I'm sorry but immediate and permanent dismissal from the team AT A MINIMUM is the only acceptable punishment.

  5. #80

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    That is so disappointing. This is a prime opportunity to teach some really good life lessons to the perpetrators, the rest of the team, and the student body as a whole.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    No matter how you look at bullying/practical joke its disgusting and unsanitary. the boys involved should be definitely kicked off the team, the administration better get this right. If i was the parent of this young man i would not let this slide and would ask for the maximum punishment. Hope he called the authorities.

  7. #82
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,120

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    The couple posts about if kids were starters on other teams or if they were football players made me laugh. You should be embarrassed to even consider that that makes a difference . Wait, I know, it's called hate. Give it up on attacking the football team or any other sport. So laughable and again, I'm embarrassed for you!
    Please don't act like it doesn't matter...if this a couple of kids on a overnight field trip that no one had ever heard of, they'd probably be expelled for the rest of the year. Kids that play sports and are "Known" by the administration get the benefit of the doubt in most cases at most schools...not just in this case.

  8. #83
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,253

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I am also told the punishments handed down have been very light (the strongest being a 3 day suspension) and there are a lot of unhappy parents about the lack of real punishment given the offense.
    Honestly this sounds about right to me, but I am not privy to all the details. My personal opinion is that these kids do not deserve to get kicked out of school, assuming this was an isolated event.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by CAP View Post
    No matter how you look at bullying/practical joke its disgusting and unsanitary. the boys involved should be definitely kicked off the team, the administration better get this right. If i was the parent of this young man i would not let this slide and would ask for the maximum punishment. Hope he called the authorities.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say they already know.

  10. #85
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    The couple posts about if kids were starters on other teams or if they were football players made me laugh. You should be embarrassed to even consider that that makes a difference . Wait, I know, it's called hate. Give it up on attacking the football team or any other sport. So laughable and again, I'm embarrassed for you!
    Nah, you got it wrong. Not hating, I'm a huge supporter of Bird football. Just getting to the question early as it was coming...sooner or later, probably from somewhere in Independence.

    The question dealt with suspension, which could come in several ways: team suspension, school suspension, school expulsion, loss of extracurricular privileges for duration, etc... not at all that football would dictate the punishment, but rather if the punishment would dictate future football playing. Go Birds !
    Last edited by BirdBrain; Apr 7, 15 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling

  11. #86
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,120

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I am also hearing relative to other punishments from the past this punishment is extremely light. My source on this one says the reason the punishment is so light is because there are six important players involved and the same rules don't apply.

    And if there is an other side to this, we are all ears. Or, if you know the other side of it, you can PM me with the details and I will not reveal you as a source but you better not be running any game.
    There you go.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    203

    Quote Originally Posted by MCMC14 View Post
    The punishment is definitely not going to fit the crime. I'm hearing a week suspension from school and baseball. That's pathetic and a joke if you ask me. I hear the victim has already quit the team and doesnt want to be part of anymore bullying. All of the names i have heard involved are seniors, except the victim of course. Time to teach the students and younger
    baseball players a lesson for the future that nothing will ever be tolerated like this. The punishment must fit the crime!
    IF this is the case, there are a lot of men at Highlands I've found to be good, compassionate men who care about the young men they teach and coach, who should not only be disgusted with themselves for failing miserably, but they should also be relieved of duty.

    This can't be true right? They have to be better than that...right?
    Last edited by FBCoachDYF; Apr 7, 15 at 01:56 PM. Reason: grammar nazi

  13. #88
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Sure are a lot of judges, jury members, and executioners in this thread.

  14. #89

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Sure are a lot of judges, jury members, and executioners in this thread.
    Are you surprised?!

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    The couple posts about if kids were starters on other teams or if they were football players made me laugh. You should be embarrassed to even consider that that makes a difference . Wait, I know, it's called hate. Give it up on attacking the football team or any other sport. So laughable and again, I'm embarrassed for you!
    It makes a difference in the punishment. Do you punish for just baseball, or other sports as well. Do you suspend from one activity or multiple. It actually makes a huge difference in how you look at the whole picture and how you discipline appropriately.

Top