Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Page 58 of Originally Posted by CakeEater1983 A few things. A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug&qu... 1089 comments | 108114 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #856
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,318

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Damn straight especially when it comes to damaging one's reputation. More people read this than would ever hear in a court.

    So we agree those are the 3 facts we know.
    I would submit those responsible have damaged their own reputation.
    Advertisement

  2. #857

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    I would submit those responsible have damaged their own reputation.
    You would do so with no basis.

  3. #858
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I would love to hear that excuse in court, the Judge would be upset because of the laughing in his courtroom.
    ...so you can't get off your position. High school coaches coach, they don't collect evidence, litigate, or prepare for a trial by their actions. Most, to the best of my knowledge, are not attorneys and not well versed in KRS. This is not the type of "training" a coach would expect to recieve from a school system, nor would I expect most school systems to train their coaches in what constitutes a need to protect evidence.

    Your perspective is purely criminal and that's where I think we diverge on our paths to the logic behind deleting the data.

  4. #859
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Again, bad analogy.

    HRC is trying to protect herself.

    IF (again KEY) this was said then it was POTENTIALLY said to protect the victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    So you truly think that dipping a toe in urine should result in removal from the team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    So if we don't know the degree why are you leading the charge saying that HHS has screwed this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Saying the coaches were told previously without any facts is "analysis?"

    Seems like fodder to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Court or public opinion?

    Everything is not a trial.
    You are playing games again Clyde.

    Are you upset because I analyzed your bread crumb trail and it led to a worse conclusion?

  5. #860
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    ...so you can't get off your position. High school coaches coach, they don't collect evidence, litigate, or prepare for a trial by their actions. Most, to the best of my knowledge, are not attorneys and not well versed in KRS. This is not the type of "training" a coach would expect to recieve from a school system, nor would I expect most school systems to train their coaches in what constitutes a need to protect evidence.

    Your perspective is purely criminal and that's where I think we diverge on our paths to the logic behind deleting the data.
    And thus bullying is still a huge issue in our schools...

  6. #861

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    You are playing games again Clyde.

    Are you upset because I analyzed your bread crumb trail and it led to a worse conclusion?
    Here's one thing that has been universal in my decade or so on BGP.

    When I point out false logic or expose supposed facts as being untrue I get the "you're playing games" comment. Never fails.

    I have no clue about "bread crumbs." What thread?

  7. #862
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    You would do so with no basis.
    Not true. The only reasonable punishment is dismissal from the team. The fact that they haven't done so shows what they're really all about and it ain't the well being of the students.

  8. #863

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    If you're betting on seniors, name the amount and I'm in.
    Well let's just say, I won't take any advice from you and All Tell for the Derby!

  9. #864

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    152

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Saying the coaches were told previously without any facts is "analysis?"

    Seems like fodder to me.
    Is that the same as site traffic and being quoted in USAToday?

  10. #865

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Not true. The only reasonable punishment is dismissal from the team. The fact that they haven't done so shows what they're really all about and it ain't the well being of the students.
    Let's be clear. You are on record as saying that if ANY urine touched the body then the only acceptable punishment is dismissal, correct?

  11. #866
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Here's one thing that has been universal in my decade or so on BGP.

    When I point out false logic or expose supposed facts as being untrue I get the "you're playing games" comment. Never fails.

    I have no clue about "bread crumbs." What thread?
    You know you are playing games, you put words in my mouth, you know more than you are sharing and you expect 100% confirmation of fact, it IS a game.

    And if I have to tell you on the crumbs, the game is more important to you.

    You can play with someone else.

  12. #867
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    And thus bullying is still a huge issue in our schools...
    We agree on that..and from my personal perspective I fully understand the damage and stress it can cause when it occurs with your child, probably why I have spent this much time discussing with you.

    What I do see is school systems saying the right things as it relates to victim rights and protection, but not doing the real world things to make it stop. Unfortunately HHS takes the hit this time, but it's not different at CCHS or any other number of schools out there.

  13. #868

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    152

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    Well let's just say, I won't take any advice from you and All Tell for the Derby!
    You do understand that I'm willing (nay, eager) to take the other side of All Tell's bet, right?

  14. #869

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    You know you are playing games, you put words in my mouth, you know more than you are sharing and you expect 100% confirmation of fact, it IS a game.

    And if I have to tell you on the crumbs, the game is more important to you.

    You can play with someone else.
    Seriously, no clue about your bread crumbs comment. No clue at all.

    I asked legit questions based on comments you made yet you throw "game" at me. Just answer the questions so we can continue the debate.

  15. #870
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Let's be clear. You are on record as saying that if ANY urine touched the body then the only acceptable punishment is dismissal, correct?
    I'm on record on saying if they put urine on another player they're despicable and deserve dismissal, yes. It's not that difficult a concept. My opinion hasn't changed.

Top