Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Page 57 of Originally Posted by CakeEater1983 A few things. A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug&qu... 1089 comments | 108114 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #841
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I have no working theory.

    However, like almost every other supposed "fact" , this one has to be looked at from many angles. You appear to only look at it from the angle of "no agenda so it must be true" even after you posted correctly that everyone close to this has an agenda.

    My guess is that somewhere in your 20 years of being a police officer you came across someone who lied in order to hurt someone who maybe hurt them or their family.

    To think that's not a possibility here would seem unwise.

    FOR THE RECORD, I have no clue and am not presenting this as a "source said..." scenario. I'm just saying all possibilities have to be considered.
    Don't put words in my mouth Clyde and if you go back to the post in question I said "consider the possibility" and "may." I want all the uninformed reading this to know the Highlands baseball team is a pretty big deal this year so I added that for context.

    Reading between the lines since you are making me do all the work, and everyone listen up here, the working theory of many from Highlands is that Tricia Macke (Fox19 Anchor) is no friend of Highlands High School and she using this "opportunity" for payback. I don't know if it is true or not but that bandwagon is crowded.
    Advertisement

  2. #842
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    As a Varsity coach, if you got that specific "training" good for the school you worked for...most don't, so to assume malice is a leap of logic...to say he has no business being a head varsity coach is an even greater leap because you are assuming he has had the same training / guidance that you must have had.
    If true then Highlands isn't serious about bullying or their coaches would be properly trained.

  3. #843
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    My analogy has two extremes - one is going to deserve expulsion/removal. The other , in most eyes, would deserve a suspension.

    Degree matters in this case. We do NOT know that degree.
    We can generally agree on this one.

  4. #844
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Disagree. That act could easily have been an attempt to protect the victim rather than "destroy evidence"...every coin has two sides, same coin.
    Not to get into politics but the overwhelming majority of us should be familiar with the Hillary Clinton email scandal.

    You don't destroy evidence, it has been all over the news for weeks.

  5. #845
    4Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Petersburg, KY
    Posts
    452

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Agree with you 100%...my initial thought was not delete to cover, but delete to stop distribution, a wise move. Those that jump to the conclusion of a smoking gun are probably looking to fire a round downrange...
    I thought this same thing - delete it so one of the kids wouldn't do something stupid and post it on Twitter/Facebook, etc. Not sure that in itself the coach asking that the video/pics get deleted indicates he has done anything intentionally wrong.

  6. #846

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth Clyde and if you go back to the post in question I said "consider the possibility" and "may." I want all the uninformed reading this to know the Highlands baseball team is a pretty big deal this year so I added that for context.

    Reading between the lines since you are making me do all the work, and everyone listen up here, the working theory of many from Highlands is that Tricia Macke (Fox19 Anchor) is no friend of Highlands High School and she using this "opportunity" for payback. I don't know if it is true or not but that bandwagon is crowded.
    When you say "smoking gun" you are saying it's true. That's what people read/remember. I'm saying the "gun" may have been "planted."

    Maybe the kid is mad because he got in trouble and thought it was unfair. (One kid has tweeted just that). Maybe he's so mad he's going to get back at his coaches and lies to Mom who repeats to Macke.

    Just like your "if it's true..." when talking about the "source" who said the kid had complained previously about being bullied many do not remember that "if it's true" part. UKFan is already saying it's true because you posted it. So "smoking gun" is what people remember - not the "if it's true." Now that story gets told over and over and you have people saying "they ignored the kid's pleas and didn't protect him." THAT is a terrible thing to have attached to you.

    I get that it's the challenge of a board.

    My point is we do NOT know hardly ANY facts yet we're all making judgements.

  7. #847

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Not to get into politics but the overwhelming majority of us should be familiar with the Hillary Clinton email scandal.

    You don't destroy evidence, it has been all over the news for weeks.
    Again, bad analogy.

    HRC is trying to protect herself.

    IF (again KEY) this was said then it was POTENTIALLY said to protect the victim.

  8. #848

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    edit

  9. #849
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    If true then Highlands isn't serious about bullying or their coaches would be properly trained.
    Don't equate proper training with evidence collection or destruction...not the same. Training your staff on bullying issues would not likely include the infinite number of potential situations you could face.

    Certainly not fair to categorize the entire school system as not serious about bullying because pics / vids were deleted....big stretch

  10. #850
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    When you say "smoking gun" you are saying it's true. That's what people read/remember. I'm saying the "gun" may have been "planted."

    Maybe the kid is mad because he got in trouble and thought it was unfair. (One kid has tweeted just that). Maybe he's so mad he's going to get back at his coaches and lies to Mom who repeats to Macke.

    Just like your "if it's true..." when talking about the "source" who said the kid had complained previously about being bullied many do not remember that "if it's true" part. UKFan is already saying it's true because you posted it. So "smoking gun" is what people remember - not the "if it's true." Now that story gets told over and over and you have people saying "they ignored the kid's pleas and didn't protect him." THAT is a terrible thing to have attached to you.

    I get that it's the challenge of a board.

    My point is we do NOT know hardly ANY facts yet we're all making judgements.
    I am providing honest analysis, if the reader doesn't grasp it all, that is on them.

    The most important part of this thread is to ensure that no child is bullied.

  11. #851

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    We can generally agree on this one.
    So if we don't know the degree why are you leading the charge saying that HHS has screwed this up?

  12. #852
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Don't equate proper training with evidence collection or destruction...not the same. Training your staff on bullying issues would not likely include the infinite number of potential situations you could face.

    Certainly not fair to categorize the entire school system as not serious about bullying because pics / vids were deleted....big stretch
    I would love to hear that excuse in court, the Judge would be upset because of the laughing in his courtroom.

  13. #853
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
    I thought this same thing - delete it so one of the kids wouldn't do something stupid and post it on Twitter/Facebook, etc. Not sure that in itself the coach asking that the video/pics get deleted indicates he has done anything intentionally wrong.
    I agree.

    How about we give just 1 person in this entire mess the benefit of the doubt that were attempting to act in the best interest of all involved ?

  14. #854

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I am providing honest analysis, if the reader doesn't grasp it all, that is on them.

    The most important part of this thread is to ensure that no child is bullied.
    Saying the coaches were told previously without any facts is "analysis?"

    Seems like fodder to me.

  15. #855

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I would love to hear that excuse in court, the Judge would be upset because of the laughing in his courtroom.
    Court or public opinion?

    Everything is not a trial.

Top