Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Page 56 of Originally Posted by CakeEater1983 A few things. A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug&qu... 1089 comments | 108114 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #826

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdDaddy View Post
    I hope I was able to contribute to your little survey.
    Did the kid intend to quit before? You asked why I asked.

    It , again , paints a picture.

    If the kid LOVED baseball and loved being on the team and no matter how much he played he was going to be a member of the team and THEN quit SOLELY because of this incident then it's REALLY BAD because you crushed a kid's dream.

    If, however, he wasn't sure if it was worth his time or it turned out he wasn't having as much fun as he thought or he determined he'd rather be working out for football and THEN this ugly incident happened it's a different story.

    Neither story are good but, as my previous example said, degree matters.
    Advertisement

  2. #827
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Let's talk about a few of your replies.

    How much urine? How did it get on him? You say "doesn't matter."

    I'd argue that degree matters in many situations. Extreme example would be pouring it down his throat. Opposite end would be dipping his toe in it while he sleeps.

    You think those are the same and both deserve banishment from the team?
    If multiple kids contributed to the urine sample it stands to reason that it was for more than just a toe dipping.

  3. #828

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    If multiple kids contributed to the urine sample it stands to reason that it was for more than just a toe dipping.
    Fine. Where on my spectrum did THIS ONE fall?

  4. #829
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Fine. Where on my spectrum did THIS ONE fall?
    It's your world Clyde, I am just living in it part time.

    I would much rather you respond to post 819 than ask more questions.

  5. #830
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    That was my response to you and Clyde. If it sounds like Fox19 so be it.

    And are you kidding with the question?

    Think about it, Ray Rice has a domestic dispute that gets resolved, no big deal. Or, there is video of Ray Rice's domestic dispute and he never plays in the NFL again, huge deal.

    You never ever ever destroy evidence.

    Like I said, that is grounds for dismissal.
    If the parent is correct that the coach told them to delete any video or photos of the incident, he 100% has to be fired.

  6. #831

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    It's your world Clyde, I am just living in it part time.

    I would much rather you respond to post 819 than ask more questions.
    I posted two ends of the spectrum and said it probably falls in between the two. You picked the low end of the spectrum and pointed out it's probably not the case which I already stated.

    So I'll ask it a different way.

    Does degree matter?

  7. #832

    Join Date
    Feb 12
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Let's talk about a few of your replies.

    How much urine? How did it get on him? You say "doesn't matter."

    I'd argue that degree matters in many situations. Extreme example would be pouring it down his throat. Opposite end would be dipping his toe in it while he sleeps.

    You think those are the same and both deserve banishment from the team?
    It's a good thing that you are only able to form an opinion. If you want to call it an argument you can. Whatever makes you feel better

  8. #833
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I posted two ends of the spectrum and said it probably falls in between the two. You picked the low end of the spectrum and pointed out it's probably not the case which I already stated.

    So I'll ask it a different way.

    Does degree matter?
    Of course the facts matter.

    To use an analogy we can all understand, he shot the victim one time in the chest or he shot the victim three times in the chest. Does it matter?

    Coming full circle, it matters in this case, but not really...

    819?

  9. #834
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    It is a basic knowledge, you collect all evidence.
    Law enforcement perspective when you suspect a crime has been committed...not a high school coach trying to manage a team incident. Out of bounds on your line of reasoning here.

  10. #835

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    So your working theory is the parent interviewed was one of the perp's parents and that parent threw the coaches under the bus? Or at least that is what you are suggesting is a possibility?
    I have no working theory.

    However, like almost every other supposed "fact" , this one has to be looked at from many angles. You appear to only look at it from the angle of "no agenda so it must be true" even after you posted correctly that everyone close to this has an agenda.

    My guess is that somewhere in your 20 years of being a police officer you came across someone who lied in order to hurt someone who maybe hurt them or their family.

    To think that's not a possibility here would seem unwise.

    FOR THE RECORD, I have no clue and am not presenting this as a "source said..." scenario. I'm just saying all possibilities have to be considered.

  11. #836
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Law enforcement perspective when you suspect a crime has been committed...not a high school coach trying to manage a team incident. Out of bounds on your line of reasoning here.
    Disagree.

    All coaches have issues with their players and have basic training on what to do. If a coach fails in this regard, he has no business being a head varsity coach.

  12. #837
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    If the parent is correct that the coach told them to delete and video or photos of the incident, he 100% has to be fired.
    Disagree. That act could easily have been an attempt to protect the victim rather than "destroy evidence"...every coin has two sides, same coin.

  13. #838

    Join Date
    Feb 12
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    If the parent is correct that the coach told them to delete and video or photos of the incident, he 100% has to be fired.
    The coach will be the one that has to look himself in the mirror and live with his decisions. So if he is lying then that's on him. He has to remember that he is messing with a 17 year old's world right now.

  14. #839
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Disagree.

    All coaches have issues with their players and have basic training on what to do. If a coach fails in this regard, he has no business being a head varsity coach.
    As a Varsity coach, if you got that specific "training" good for the school you worked for...most don't, so to assume malice is a leap of logic...to say he has no business being a head varsity coach is an even greater leap because you are assuming he has had the same training / guidance that you must have had.

  15. #840

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Of course the facts matter.

    To use an analogy we can all understand, he shot the victim one time in the chest or he shot the victim three times in the chest. Does it matter?

    Coming full circle, it matters in this case, but not really...

    819?
    Terrible analogy.

    Both examples are going to result in jail/prison.

    My analogy has two extremes - one is going to deserve expulsion/removal. The other , in most eyes, would deserve a suspension.

    Degree matters in this case. We do NOT know that degree.

Top