Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Page 55 of Originally Posted by CakeEater1983 A few things. A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug&qu... 1089 comments | 108114 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #811

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    First of all, I think you have other facts that you are not willing to share.

    But to your point, what allegations are there that you (or anyone here) can prove are 100% not true.
    What we don't know:

    How much urine?

    How did it get on him? Pouring it down his throat would be much worse in most eyes vs spraying it on his ankle. I'm sure it was somewhere in between but I truly do not know.

    Did the kid intend to quit before this happened? Why?

    Has he been having issues/bullied before?

    Did he tell the coaches previously?

    Did the coaches tell the players to delete video?

    Have the players involved been in trouble before?

    Which parent talked to Macke?

    Does Macke have a bone to pick with FTIS as some claim?


    Lots of unknowns. Too many for most people to make an accurate judgment.
    Advertisement

  2. #812
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I'll also add this. It's easy for all of us, me included, to say what we'd do when all we have to do is type it out vs actually doing it.

    It's like fans officiating. Easy when you're not having to make a call.
    I don't envy Coach Baioni's position. I hear a lot of really good things about Coach B and he was thrust into a horrible situation, probably with little or no prior experience, and probably with little or no training on how to handle it. I feel bad for him in that regard.

  3. #813

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    True. The story just says: "A parent of one of the kids involved." I suppose that could mean one of the kids suspended.
    Bingo.

  4. #814

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I don't envy Coach Baioni's position. I hear a lot of really good things about Coach B and he was thrust into a horrible situation, probably with little or no prior experience, and probably with little or no training on how to handle it. I feel bad for him in that regard.
    I am not talking about only him. Everyone involved in the decision-making process. They're on the field of play while we sit back drinking beer in the stands saying what we'd do.

  5. #815
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    True. The story just says: "A parent of one of the kids involved." I suppose that could mean one of the kids suspended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Bingo.
    Which would be way worse.

    If one of the perpetrator's parents claims the coaches (a coach) told them to delete the video evidence that is nearly a smoking gun.

  6. #816

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    First of all, I think you have other facts that you are not willing to share.
    I've stated previously I'm not stating what I know to be factual.

    In addition, I don't absolutely know much. Unlike many appear to be in this thread, I wasn't there and I was not privy to conversations that supposedly happened so I have no real basis and "sources" don't answer the question.

  7. #817

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    152

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    My guess as well. Before I get pilloried THIS IS SUPPOSITION ON MY PART. What do you bet that the morons that did this are seniors? (And I REALLY hope they read this thread) The admin gives them a little wrist slap and assures the parents that this behavior will not be tolerated. Since the idiots will be gone next year they encourage the victim to rejoin the team NEXT YEAR when stupid ones have graduated. Win, win. Admin can say they punished the fools AND made sure the other young man was welcomed back, he just has to wait a year.
    If you're betting on seniors, name the amount and I'm in.

  8. #818

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Which would be way worse.

    If one of the perpetrator's parents claims the coaches (a coach) told them to delete the video evidence that is nearly a smoking gun.
    Remember your post about agendas? Realize it could apply here as well.

    Secondly, I could see myself as a coach telling the boys to delete it.

    Why? I wouldn't want it getting out and embarrassing the victim. I wouldn't be thinking long-term about potential "tampering with evidence" charges. I'd be thinking about making sure that kid is not seen on Twitter/FB/Snapchat having urine hit his body.

    FOR THE RECORD and before anyone reads into the above I HAVE NO IDEA if kids were told anything about the video.

  9. #819
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Remember your post about agendas? Realize it could apply here as well.

    Secondly, I could see myself as a coach telling the boys to delete it.

    Why? I wouldn't want it getting out and embarrassing the victim. I wouldn't be thinking long-term about potential "tampering with evidence" charges. I'd be thinking about making sure that kid is not seen on Twitter/FB/Snapchat having urine hit his body.

    FOR THE RECORD and before anyone reads into the above I HAVE NO IDEA if kids were told anything about the video.
    So your working theory is the parent interviewed was one of the perp's parents and that parent threw the coaches under the bus? Or at least that is what you are suggesting is a possibility?

  10. #820

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    152

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Which would be way worse.

    If one of the perpetrator's parents claims the coaches (a coach) told them to delete the video evidence that is nearly a smoking gun.
    That sounds like a quote for Fox19. What don't we know that would be on the video?

  11. #821

    Join Date
    Feb 12
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    What we don't know:

    How much urine? Doesn't matter

    How did it get on him? Pouring it down his throat would be much worse in most eyes vs spraying it on his ankle. I'm sure it was somewhere in between but I truly do not know. Again doesn't matter

    Did the kid intend to quit before this happened? Why? Not sure Why do you ask?

    Has he been having issues/bullied before? Not sure

    Did he tell the coaches previously? Not sure But probably

    Did the coaches tell the players to delete video? Hearsay

    Have the players involved been in trouble before? You tell me

    Which parent talked to Macke? It only takes one

    Does Macke have a bone to pick with FTIS as some claim? Doesn't everyone?


    Lots of unknowns. Too many for most people to make an accurate judgment.
    I hope I was able to contribute to your little survey.

  12. #822
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Remember your post about agendas? Realize it could apply here as well.

    Secondly, I could see myself as a coach telling the boys to delete it.
    Why? I wouldn't want it getting out and embarrassing the victim. I wouldn't be thinking long-term about potential "tampering with evidence" charges. I'd be thinking about making sure that kid is not seen on Twitter/FB/Snapchat having urine hit his body.

    FOR THE RECORD and before anyone reads into the above I HAVE NO IDEA if kids were told anything about the video.
    Agree with you 100%...my initial thought was not delete to cover, but delete to stop distribution, a wise move. Those that jump to the conclusion of a smoking gun are probably looking to fire a round downrange...

  13. #823

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdDaddy View Post
    I hope I was able to contribute to your little survey.
    Let's talk about a few of your replies.

    How much urine? How did it get on him? You say "doesn't matter."

    I'd argue that degree matters in many situations. Extreme example would be pouring it down his throat. Opposite end would be dipping his toe in it while he sleeps.

    You think those are the same and both deserve banishment from the team?

  14. #824
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    That sounds like a quote for Fox19. What don't we know that would be on the video?
    That was my response to you and Clyde. If it sounds like Fox19 so be it.

    And are you kidding with the question?

    Think about it, Ray Rice has a domestic dispute that gets resolved, no big deal. Or, there is video of Ray Rice's domestic dispute and he never plays in the NFL again, huge deal.

    You never ever ever destroy evidence.

    Like I said, that is grounds for dismissal.

  15. #825
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Agree with you 100%...my initial thought was not delete to cover, but delete to stop distribution, a wise move. Those that jump to the conclusion of a smoking gun are probably looking to fire a round downrange...
    It is a basic knowledge, you collect all evidence.

Top