Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Page 5 of Originally Posted by CakeEater1983 A few things. A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug&qu... 1089 comments | 108114 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Does HHS have an Athletic Code of Conduct? Some schools I've seen have one that is separate from the regular schools code of conduct and it is more restrictive as to the way student/athletes are to act and represent their school.
    The school has Dale. I see this as a potentially defining moment for the AD. He's about to retire, has probably seen it all in his day, and I would think would not tolerate this to any level.

    As for the comments about victims fighting back in a bullying situation, I can tell you that CCHS will suspend all, regardless of victim or bully, even after they have attempted to protect the victim.

    Qryche: you know the players in this saga, but you say they are tight lipped....hmmm, I'm guessing at least a few of them still have a couple years eligibility left on the football field...now that's a quandry
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,524

    Negative, the names I am hearing are all Sr's with zero football eligibility left. The only underclassman were the victim and the main perp who did the alleged squirting of the urine.

    bleeekkkk everytime I think of that I cringe....

  3. #63
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,120

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    The school has Dale. I see this as a potentially defining moment for the AD. He's about to retire, has probably seen it all in his day, and I would think would not tolerate this to any level.

    As for the comments about victims fighting back in a bullying situation, I can tell you that CCHS will suspend all, regardless of victim or bully, even after they have attempted to protect the victim.

    Qryche: you know the players in this saga, but you say they are tight lipped....hmmm, I'm guessing at least a few of them still have a couple years eligibility left on the football field...now that's a quandry
    Will the fact that some of the kids may have been football players have any impact on punishment?

  4. #64

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Will the fact that some of the kids may have been football players have any impact on punishment?
    Negative, IMO.

  5. #65
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,393

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Will the fact that some of the kids may have been football players have any impact on punishment?
    Likely not....that ship has sailed

  6. #66
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,782

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I am also told the punishments handed down have been very light (the strongest being a 3 day suspension) and there are a lot of unhappy parents about the lack of real punishment given the offense.
    I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?

  7. #67
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,069

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?
    Yes, I would think so.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?
    Don't the police equate that with assault when someone tries to throw blood, spit or other bodily fluids on them?

  9. #69

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Will the fact that some of the kids may have been football players have any impact on punishment?
    Doubt it.

    That does come back to Plantman's prior question. If underclassmen were involved do you stop at the punishment being an entire baseball season lost (assuming they are suspended from the team) or do you carry it on to another season. If so, how long?

    My guess is it will depend on what type of behavior preceded this incident. Lot's of unanswered questions.

  10. #70
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?
    In some cases it is a felony but I am not up to date on the latest Kentucky Revised Statues (or to be more specific the statues in the state of the offense).

  11. #71
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,120

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Don't the police equate that with assault when someone tries to throw blood, spit or other bodily fluids on them?
    Yes, but charges would have to be filed where ever this took place on their road trip.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    203

    Not in any way saying that this is the case, BUT, when something as disgusting, deplorable and NOT OK occurs, someone better be taking a really close look at exactly what in the hell is going on in that program to where something like that can go down.

    Sometimes these weird outlier events do occur (as a coach, I've dealt with one of these incidents sadly), but sometimes, you have programs where the inmates run the asylum, where chaos ensues, and the chief sometimes turns a blind eye to the lunatics.

    Hope this isn't the case, but...wow...that's horrible. I can't imagine being that young man's father and how upset/angered I would be. Will be VERY interesting to see how this falls out.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Did this happen at the hotel?

  14. #74
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,928

    Quote Originally Posted by FBCoachDYF View Post
    Not in any way saying that this is the case, BUT, when something as disgusting, deplorable and NOT OK occurs, someone better be taking a really close look at exactly what in the hell is going on in that program to where something like that can go down.

    Sometimes these weird outlier events do occur (as a coach, I've dealt with one of these incidents sadly), but sometimes, you have programs where the inmates run the asylum, where chaos ensues, and the chief sometimes turns a blind eye to the lunatics.

    Hope this isn't the case, but...wow...that's horrible. I can't imagine being that young man's father and how upset/angered I would be. Will be VERY interesting to see how this falls out.
    I am also hearing the victim had previously approached the head coach about some incidents. Very very scary if true.

    And if the victim's parents are go getters I think we are just at the tip of the iceberg.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Quote Originally Posted by FBCoachDYF View Post
    Not in any way saying that this is the case, BUT, when something as disgusting, deplorable and NOT OK occurs, someone better be taking a really close look at exactly what in the hell is going on in that program to where something like that can go down.

    Sometimes these weird outlier events do occur (as a coach, I've dealt with one of these incidents sadly), but sometimes, you have programs where the inmates run the asylum, where chaos ensues, and the chief sometimes turns a blind eye to the lunatics.

    Hope this isn't the case, but...wow...that's horrible. I can't imagine being that young man's father and how upset/angered I would be. Will be VERY interesting to see how this falls out.
    Everything I've ever heard about Coach B leads me to believe that is not the case.

Top