Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Page 7 of Originally Posted by Hellbird There is also a reason I get outraged by people who weren't dealt a bad hand but act upon the few that may have gotten de... 371 comments | 13370 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Your first part of this post, I couldn't agree more with you. I was pointing out what he has done. Glad you also disagree with how he gives Al a voice.

    Your second point, I don't know and it's not becaise it hasn't happened I would
    bet, but that it isn't reported nationally like it is when a white cop kills a black man.

    I will simply remind you of the incident that happened here with the 6 black kids who beat the white man almost to death somy because he was white. The black kids ages from 12-16 last year or so and should of had the Sharptons of the world condemning the actions of the kids yet nothing. Just one example of many.

    Cop kills white man, media hide race

    another story of black
    cop killing a white man
    The cop wasn't black and the grand jury chose not to indict the cop as well.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,051

    [QUOTE=Djason Unchained;5500153]It's too bad Obama is using Sharpton in that manner. He should have called me. I wouldn't use Sharpton for anything. Very poor choice for a voice there.

    Obama should have sent the Attorney General down there. When a black dude kills a cop the black dude is convicted. When was the last time a black dude killed a white cop and got away with it?[

    Repeat

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    I don't know. I don't know of all
    theincidents because of what I said, a lot aren't reported nationally like the ones that are causing riots.

    The he last link I just put in I didn't even hear about that, I just did a search 5 mins ago and that was the first of a list of stories that barely made any news. That was my point. I didn't see where he was convicted. So there is one right off
    the bat.
    They probably aren't reported nationally because they are caught and rightfully thrown in jail and nobody disagrees. When Micahel Brown was shot the initial narrative was 'unarmed black man shot by the police' and the picture his dead body laying on the ground for 4 hours was everywhere. That's all we knew. Of course that is an extremely polarizing story right off the bat. Add in the police department not having any comments at all and complaints from the citizens about corrupt policemen in their area and you have a national story. Of course that narrative was proven to be false but surely you understand how some stories spiral out of control while others aren't newsworthy.

  4. #94
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,477

    Ironic that white people (see middle America) get outraged by the destruction of places they avoid at all costs for the reasons that cause the unrest...

  5. #95
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,253

    Quote Originally Posted by Djason Unchained View Post
    When a black dude kills a white man he is caught and convicted. He won't get away with it.
    Is that a problem?

  6. #96
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by Djason Unchained View Post
    My bad. He said when a black dude kills a white man or black cop kills a white cop. When a black dude kills a white man he is caught and convicted. He won't get away with it.
    When was the last time a white citizen killed a black man and wasn't convicted.

    Are there bad cops, sure. But to act like cops never have a right to kill is again being naive. Most criminal activity takes place in inner cities which have large minority population which requires larger police presence. What we have seen over the last 12 months in those neighborhoods they have no respect for authority and that lack of respectEads to deaths just as much if not more than bad police officers.

  7. #97
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Ironic that white people (see middle America) get outraged by the destruction of places they avoid at all costs for the reasons that cause the unrest...
    Such a productive comment from a white person who lived most his life in the middle America you describe.

  8. #98
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,477

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    Such a productive comment from a white person who lived most his life in the middle America you describe.
    There's a reason I don't get outraged by the actions of those that were dealt a hand I couldn't possibly understand...

  9. #99
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    There's a reason I don't get outraged by those that were dealt a hand I couldn't possibly understand...
    Just unproductive comment. When people want to move in a direction of a race free society. Why shouldn't other Americans have concern of a major American city burning? Any person with a conscious should have concern. There is no justification for what is going on .

    I've lived and worked in Detroit , I currently do the same in Cleveland. I'm not some white guy who grew up in suburban America and have blinders to inner city struggles. I've lived in four cities Covington , Newport, Detroit, and Cleveland in my life.

    There is no excuse for this behavior period.

  10. #100
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,477

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    Just unproductive comment. When people want to move in a direction of a race free society. Why shouldn't other Americans have concern of a major American city burning? Any person with a conscious should have concern. There is no justification for what is going on .

    I've lived and worked in Detroit , I currently do the same in Cleveland. I'm not some white guy who grew up in suburban America and have blinders to inner city struggles. I've lived in four cities Covington , Newport, Detroit, and Cleveland in my life.

    There is no excuse for this behavior period.
    Do you have a black friend too?

    I've lived in lilly white cities and spent a year hanging out with what became a very close friend in the heart of Compton. Lived in Newport now for a decade and have seen it all. I can tell you this with 100% certainty. The folks in one don't give a damn about the folks in the other until something like this happens. You can dismiss what I have to say from your perspective as unproductive all you want. I don't give a crap either way.

    While there is "no excuse", there is a reason. Solving the issue starts there, and it is a very messy road the people in charge have no interest walking. Easier to shoot first and avoid questions later...

  11. #101
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Do you have a black friend too?

    I've lived in lilly white cities and spent a year hanging out with what became a very close friend in the heart of Compton. Lived in Newport now for a decade and have seen it all. I can tell you this with 100% certainty. The folks in one don't give a damn about the folks in the other until something like this happens. You can dismiss what I have to say from your perspective as unproductive all you want. I don't give a crap either way.

    While there is "no excuse", there is a reason. Solving the issue starts there, and it is a very messy road the people in charge have no interest walking. Easier to shoot first and avoid questions later...
    Lol your first line shows you really don't want to have a discussion. You mock with that line and then try and show insight because of a "friend" you know . Way to be consistent.

    I lived in Newport and the East side is rough but by no means does that mean you have seen it all until you volunteer in a neighborhood in Detroit that can't turn on city lights because there are no funds to do so.

    I've spoke on here in multiple threads about the institutional problems in these neighborhoods and the socioeconomic barriers and they are very real .

    But it does not excuse criminal behavior nor does my skin color restrict me from showing concern for a major American city burning.

    And you can't say with 100% certainty because I'm a white guy who disproves your theory.

  12. #102
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,477

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    Lol your first line shows you really don't want to have a discussion. You mock with that line and then try and show insight because of a "friend" you know . Way to be consistent.

    I lived in Newport and the East side is rough but by no means does that mean you have seen it all until you volunteer in a neighborhood in Detroit that can't turn on city lights because there are no funds to do so.

    I've spoke on here in multiple threads about the institutional problems in these neighborhoods and the socioeconomic barriers and they are very real .

    But it does not excuse criminal behavior nor does my skin color restrict me from showing concern for a major American city burning.

    And you can't say with 100% certainty because I'm a white guy who disproves your theory.
    When was the last time you were part of a raid on the wrong house while doing nothing more than watching an NBA game after work? Pulled over in a white neighborhood because you were with a black friend who was driving 10 under the speed limit while looking at house numbers to visit a friend that bought a new house? I could list quite a few more if you'd like and I saw in every instance how I was treated differently than the innocent blacks I happened to be with at the time. Funny that of all the other moments in my life I've never had any dealings with the police that didn't involve speeding or failing to come to a complete stop. You think I'd at least once be stopped while being white. When it does, I'll let you know.

    And you don't disprove my theory one bit...

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    There is no excuse for these criminal acts, and there is no reason that justifies such acts. And with the police not taking control from the beginning, it allows those who are rioting to get a sense that they are "winning" or they have won, and they will get even more bold as the hours and days continue.

    When you have rival gangs, that have had meetings the past few days, to discuss targeting police, you have a huge dangerous issue.

  14. #104
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    When was the last time you were part of a raid on the wrong house while doing nothing more than watching an NBA game after work? Pulled over in a white neighborhood because you were with a black friend who was driving 10 under the speed limit while looking at house numbers to visit a friend that bought a new house? I could list quite a few more if you'd like and I saw in every instance how I was treated differently than the innocent blacks I happened to be with at the time. Funny that of all the other moments in my life I've never had any dealings with the police that didn't involve speeding or failing to come to a complete stop. You think I'd at least once be stopped while being white. When it does, I'll let you know.

    And you don't disprove my theory one bit...
    Haha you are so naive you don't know me. I have experienced the driving in the car multiple times and I never denied it didn't exist with some cops. While you were growing up in the suburbs I saw a lot of things in my group of friends.

    It still doesn't justify anything going on tonight.

    I know you find yourself an expert in all issues and are sitting from your ivory tower right now as some liberal white guys like to do on race issues that it's all other white people and not them .

    I don't claim to know exactly what it's like to be black that would make me naive. But I have a firm enough grasp with the people I grew up with and the people associate with now and the neighborhoods I live and volunteer in.

    There are proper ways to approach things but nothing tonight comes close to that. To then act like all white people don't care is such a gross overstatement.

    Maybe you don't care but be careful speaking for millions of other people.

  15. #105
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,477

    When this is the culture of the community, be prepared for what happens when the volcano erupts. It isn't that hard to figure out...

    Freddie Gray Is Only the Latest Apparent Victim of Baltimore Police Violence - The Atlantic

Top