A Proud YES Vote for Public Schools

Page 7 of Originally Posted by gametime It's a policy allowed by the KHSAA, and as far as REAL academics go, it seems to be in the best intrest of everyone in th... 103 comments | 3780 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    It's a policy allowed by the KHSAA, and as far as REAL academics go, it seems to be in the best intrest of everyone in the County. As a result, they need to be removed from athletic competition from those outside of a big County. Just flippin say it...

    I doubt it's in the best interest of students at Shawnee, Western, Moore, Doss and a few others, or do those schools not have REAL academics?
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    I doubt it's in the best interest of students at Shawnee, Western, Moore, Doss and a few others, or do those schools not have REAL academics?
    Are those schools given less $$, and chance to make it by the JCPS? If so, the KHSAA isn't the problem...

  3. #93
    HailToTheChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    741

    But Tim Couch was born in Hyden, KY where he grew up and where he played unlike all the out of staters and others that are brought in to these powerhouses. That's how it should be, if you live in the district then go to school there... Then you don't see the same boring game in the State Championships every year.

  4. #94
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheChief
    But Tim Couch was born in Hyden, KY where he grew up and where he played unlike all the out of staters and others that are brought in to these powerhouses. That's how it should be, if you live in the district then go to school there... Then you don't see the same boring game in the State Championships every year.
    In A, AA and AAA that is the case EVERY year...

  5. #95
    HailToTheChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    741

    I don't really care if they seperate the Public/Private I just think the KHSAA needs to do their job and monitor the schools more. But that won't happen so everyone is just beating a dead horse.

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Are those schools given less $$, and chance to make it by the JCPS? If so, the KHSAA isn't the problem...

    The KHSAA has nothing to do with that.

    You said open enrollment was good for academics in Jefferson, and my point was it obviously isn't good for the half on the other side of the tracks.

  7. #97
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    The KHSAA has nothing to do with that.

    You said open enrollment was good for academics in Jefferson, and my point was it obviously isn't good for the half on the other side of the tracks.
    If they are funded the same, and given the same chances (obviously this isn't the case for M, H, T and X) there is no room to say anything. The fact M and H are in cahoots on this mess is what makes it personal in JC for many...

  8. #98

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    I'm not following all the abbreviations since I'm not that familiar with Louisville.

    I think there is plenty of room to say something when you expect some of the schools to perform the same as the magnet schools even though you're taking away many of the best students.

    It would be like taking away four starters from a basketball team at School A, sending them to School B across town, and then wondering why School A can't compete. Someone on here would say they just "need to work harder."

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Dynasty
    Posts
    6,745

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor


    I give up.

    I won't confuse you with the facts anymore, because you evidently already have your mind made up.
    I understand what you are saying, and I agree. You should go to the school that you are supposed to go to, you shouldn't have have your pick of about 15 just because you live in a city. All the professor is trying to do is show you other people that it is an unfair advantage. It may be legal according to the KHSAA, but it is a loophole for coaches in that area to use the middle schools as a farm system for athletics and build a powerhouse.

  10. #100
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,310

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    I'm not following all the abbreviations since I'm not that familiar with Louisville.

    I think there is plenty of room to say something when you expect some of the schools to perform the same as the magnet schools even though you're taking away many of the best students.

    It would be like taking away four starters from a basketball team at School A, sending them to School B across town, and then wondering why School A can't compete. Someone on here would say they just "need to work harder."
    Exactly!

    That "they just need to work harder" statement drives me up the wall.

    And you gave the perfect example in your post as to why it does.

  11. #101
    HailToTheChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    741

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    I'm not following all the abbreviations since I'm not that familiar with Louisville.

    I think there is plenty of room to say something when you expect some of the schools to perform the same as the magnet schools even though you're taking away many of the best students.

    It would be like taking away four starters from a basketball team at School A, sending them to School B across town, and then wondering why School A can't compete. Someone on here would say they just "need to work harder."

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Being a role model
    Posts
    34,456

    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheChief
    I don't really care if they seperate the Public/Private I just think the KHSAA needs to do their job and monitor the schools more. But that won't happen so everyone is just beating a dead horse.
    What about adults acting like responsible adults and following the spirit of the rules as well as the RULES. I guess you feel it is the police's fault that people commit crimes and sometimes get away with it.

  13. #103
    HailToTheChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    741

    no it is the schools' fault as well but do you really think that some of these schools that are in violation are going to monitor themselves? The answer to that is no because they haven't monitored themselves since their existence so I don't expect them to now. The thing is that the reason the KHSAA is in existence is to do just that, Monitor and control what the member schools do. Therefore yes I do think it is their job because that is why we have a KHSAA.

  14. #104

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Being a role model
    Posts
    34,456

    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheChief
    no it is the schools' fault as well but do you really think that some of these schools that are in violation are going to monitor themselves? The answer to that is no because they haven't monitored themselves since their existence so I don't expect them to now. The thing is that the reason the KHSAA is in existence is to do just that, Monitor and control what the member schools do. Therefore yes I do think it is their job because that is why we have a KHSAA.
    I would expect that school personnel should be strictly monitoring themselves. I think there are coaches/AD's/schools that have developed a mentality that if they have not been caught by the KHSAA, they are not doing anything wrong. I would expect coaches to have a HIGHER sense of right and wrong since we are preaching it in practice everyday.

    I do agree with what you say, but I also think that irresponsible, win-at-all-costs mindset of our society has contributing greatly to the problem.

Top