A Proud YES Vote for Public Schools

Page 6 of Originally Posted by gametime It's a policy allowed by the KHSAA, and as far as REAL academics go, it seems to be in the best intrest of everyone in th... 103 comments | 3787 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    So any school with open enrollment should be separated from those that won't open their enrollment???
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,528

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor
    Then it should be addressed by the KHSAA. It should not be legal. It's unfair to the rest of the state that isn't fortunate enough to have a million people in their county.

    You're feeling sorry for the wrong population.
    Just annex Louisville out of the state! Isn't that what you are really calling for???



  3. #78
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,528

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    So any school with open enrollment should be separated from those that won't open their enrollment???
    I would be 10000000% fine with that...

  4. #79
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,337

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    I don't feel sorry for ANYONE. That's on you...
    You seem to be making a lot of excuses for "open enrollment". Academics is no doubt a reason established for these magnet/traditional schools, but don't think for one minute that athletics comes in to play when considering the enrollment of some of these kids. I've talked to too many Jefferson County coaches at the HS state tournament who are usually on the end of losing good athletes in the name of "academics" to magnet schools.

  5. #80
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,528

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor
    You seem to be making a lot of excuses for "open enrollment". Academics is no doubt a reason established for these magnet/traditional schools, but don't think for one minute that athletics comes in to play when considering the enrollment of some of these kids. I've talked to too many Jefferson County coaches at the HS state tournament who are usually on the end of losing good athletes in the name of "academics" to magnet schools.
    Just say what you are dancing around, and vote all open enrollment out. Beating around the bush is getting old...

  6. #81
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,337

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Just say what you are dancing around, and vote all open enrollment out. Beating around the bush is getting old...
    Okay. I'm not beating around the bush.
    I'm for open enrollment for academics, but not for athletics. If you want to leave your district for academics, that's fine, but you're only eligible to participate in sports at your old school.
    That's fair and square, and keeps corrupt coaches from manipulating the magnet program for athletic reasons.

  7. #82
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,528

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor
    Okay. I'm not beating around the bush.
    I'm for open enrollment for academics, but not for athletics. If you want to leave your district for academics, that's fine, but you're only eligible to participate in sports at your old school.
    That's fair and square, and keeps corrupt coaches from manipulating the magnet program for athletic reasons.
    There are TWO magnet programs in the State that matter, and they do VERY little in the grand scheme of athletics...

  8. #83
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,337

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    There are TWO magnet programs in the State that matter, and they do VERY little in the grand scheme of athletics...
    What about the Traditional schools?
    It's the same.

  9. #84
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,528

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor
    What about the Traditional schools?
    It's the same.
    What do they win? VERY little. Call out ALL open enrollment, and maybe you have a small case...

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Just say what you are dancing around, and vote all open enrollment out. Beating around the bush is getting old...
    Big school Private Championship (Trinity/St.X LexCath, Louisville Girls schools

    Small school Private Championship (Louisville HC, Desales, CAL, LCA, etc)

    Louisville Open Enrollment Schools Championship (Louisville Public schools)

    NKY Independent schools/NKY Private schools Championships (Highlands, NCC Beechwood, CovCath, Dixie etc

    Independent schools from the rest of the state Championship

    Large Population County Schools Championship

    Medium Population County Schools Championships

    Small Population County Schools Championships


    There that ought to about do it to make sure the playing field is level. Eight champions in Golf, Tennis, Basketball etc. Trophies will be cheaper when bought in bulk!!!

  11. #86
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,528

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    Big school Private Championship (Trinity/St.X LexCath, Louisville Girls schools

    Small school Private Championship (Louisville HC, Desales, CAL, LCA, etc)

    Louisville Open Enrollment Schools Championship (Louisville Public schools)

    NKY Independent schools/NKY Private schools Championships (Highlands, NCC Beechwood, CovCath, Dixie etc

    Independent schools from the rest of the state Championship

    Large Population County Schools Championship

    Medium Population County Schools Championships

    Small Population County Schools Championships


    There that ought to about do it to make sure the playing field is level. Eight champions in Golf, Tennis, Basketball etc. Trophies will be cheaper when bought in bulk!!!

  12. #87
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,337

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    What do they win? VERY little. Call out ALL open enrollment, and maybe you have a small case...
    Then end all open enrollment.
    What if Fayette County had an open enrollment policy similar to Jefferson County, and could attract students from Jessamine, Clark, Madison, Bourbon, Scott, and Woodford counties (about the same population as Jefferson County)?
    Well. two or three of the schools in the area would be absolute powerhouses.

  13. #88
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,528

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor
    Then end all open enrollment.
    What if Fayette County had an open enrollment policy similar to Jefferson County, and could attract students from Jessamine, Clark, Madison, Bourbon, Scott, and Woodford counties (about the same population as Jefferson County)?
    Well. two or three of the schools in the area would be absolute powerhouses.
    And???

  14. #89
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,337

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    And???


    I give up.

    I won't confuse you with the facts anymore, because you evidently already have your mind made up.

  15. #90
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,528

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor


    I give up.

    I won't confuse you with the facts anymore, because you evidently already have your mind made up.
    How many divisions do you want? Public/Private. Magnate/Traditional. Open/Closed Enrollment. Big City/Rural County. This isn't life. Never will be. But hey, why not soften it for those that might really have a chance. I'm sure guys like Tim Couch, Brandon Stockton and Josh Carrier wouldn't have been exposed in games vs any of the big boys your way...

Top