2013 Mr. Football Nacarius Fant Given 5 Years In Prison For Drug Trafficking

  1. #1
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,540

    2013 Mr. Football Nacarius Fant Given 5 Years In Prison For Drug Trafficking

    He was sentenced yesterday on 3 counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (greater than four grams, cocaine) and 2 counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (less than four grams, cocaine). An additional charge was dismissed in part of his plea deal.

    Fant is currently 23, and sold a total 32 grams of cocaine to a Bowling Green area police informant on 4 different occasions over a 6 week period. He was arrested last August.

    After winning the 2013 Mr. Football award in Kentucky following a standout career at Bowling Green High School, Fant went on to WKU where he totaled 1,273 yards and 7 total touchdowns during his 4-year career for the Hilltoppers.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,551

    Hate to see this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,751

    Is he in federal or state court....makes a difference as to how long he may have to serve.

  4. #4
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    148,951

    I am with you JD, I hate to hear this.

    Fant was our Player of the Year on our 2013 All BGP Team:

    2013 All BluegrassPreps.com Football Team

    I hope you get a chance to read this thread Nacarius, if so, please be a model prisoner so you can get out of jail early and rebuild your life.

  5. #5
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,540

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Is he in federal or state court....makes a difference as to how long he may have to serve.
    State court.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,751

    That's much better for him.

  7. #7
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    148,951

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    That's much better for him.
    Exactly, more like 20% of your sentence than 80% of your sentence.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,751

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Exactly, more like 20% of your sentence than 80% of your sentence.
    Plus the possibility of shock probation after a few months.

  9. #9
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    148,951

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Plus the possibility of shock probation after a few months.
    I don't know anything about the case but let's hope so.

  10. #10
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    828

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    He was sentenced yesterday on 3 counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (greater than four grams, cocaine) and 2 counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (less than four grams, cocaine). An additional charge was dismissed in part of his plea deal.

    Fant is currently 23, and sold a total 32 grams of cocaine to a Bowling Green area police informant on 4 different occasions over a 6 week period. He was arrested last August.

    After winning the 2013 Mr. Football award in Kentucky following a standout career at Bowling Green High School, Fant went on to WKU where he totaled 1,273 yards and 7 total touchdowns during his 4-year career for the Hilltoppers.
    Man, that is sad to hear, sorry to hear he fell onto the wrong path. Hope he can get things figured out and turns the corner while rehabilitating behind bars.

  11. #11
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,769

    Just a sad story all the way around. I hope whenever he finishes his time he can bounce back and live a productive life as a free man.

  12. #12
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,906

    Everybody does stupid things that they regret, and the younger you are the more stupid you are. Still, I will never understand why kids who are so successful in one arena, and have so much to lose, can't be THAT stupid.

  13. #13
    Purple88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    5,610

    As a Bowling Green fan, but moreso as a Nacarius Fant Fan, this is a real shock to me. As far as I know, in High School he was pretty straight laced. He was an icon to so many young fans that you just hate to see this outcome after such as successful high school career.

    It just goes to show you that for as many great paths you can take in life there are just as many devestating paths.

    This makes me really sad. I am hopeful this is the shock he needs to return to a positive life for someone so gifted.

Top