Willie Taggart fired from Florida State/Coaching Search

Page 3 of Just came through that Florida State has fired head coach Willie Target.... 63 comments | 2123 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,287

    Any chance they entice Bob Stoops out of retirement?
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,855

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Any chance they entice Bob Stoops out of retirement?
    It’s starting to feel like a situation where Matt Campbell finally gets a better gig. Especially, with Syracuse struggling lately.

  3. #33
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,031

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Urban is going to USC anyway.
    If he does get back in to coaching, yes it will be at USC.

  4. #34
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,031

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Any chance they entice Bob Stoops out of retirement?
    Bob Stoops isn’t retired anymore. He’s the HC/GM of the Dallas Renegades XFL team.

  5. #35
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,855

    Did anyone catch KSR, I couldn’t listen today. I’m guessing Matt did his best to get Stoops a raise?

  6. #36
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,287

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Did anyone catch KSR, I couldn’t listen today. I’m guessing Matt did his best to get Stoops a raise?
    Stoops already is the 19th highest-paid coach already. Matt said that if he decided to go he'd shake his hand and wish him well. There was no talk about UK needing to pay him more to keep him, they just talked about all UK has done in the past for him and his staff to show them they are serious about the football program.

  7. #37
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,287

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Bob Stoops isn’t retired anymore. He’s the HC/GM of the Dallas Renegades XFL team.
    That's a part-time job, at best...he even talked about it like that a few weeks ago on an interview that I saw.

  8. #38
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,773

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Stoops already is the 19th highest-paid coach already. Matt said that if he decided to go he'd shake his hand and wish him well. There was no talk about UK needing to pay him more to keep him, they just talked about all UK has done in the past for him and his staff to show them they are serious about the football program.
    Got to agree. In no way does Stoops deserve more money or an extension until we win the SEC east.

    FSU is a dumpster fire program wide after reading up on them. They need a big time experienced coach like Meyers, Les Miles, Bob Stoops, etc. to bring that program back. Otherwise they can just look at UT as an example of what the next 10-15 years will be like.

  9. #39
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,287

    I wonder if Brent Venables or another Clemson Coordinator would be considered. It's amazing how Dabo has kept that staff intact...surley one will leave at some point.

  10. #40
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,031

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    That's a part-time job, at best...he even talked about it like that a few weeks ago on an interview that I saw.
    Which is probably why heís doing it. I think if Stoops wanted to have a full time coaching job he would have one already. I could be wrong though.

  11. #41
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,287

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Which is probably he’s doing it. I think if Stoops wanted to have a full time coaching job he would have one already. I could be wrong though.
    True, but there hasn't been a top-level job come open since he retired.

    On another note, I read that Lane Kiffin has shown his interest in the job.

  12. #42
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,031

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    True, but there hasn't been a top-level job come open since he retired.

    On another note, I read that Lane Kiffin has shown his interest in the job.
    I actually believe Lane could work in Tallahassee.

  13. #43
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,031

    The biggest issue facing this job is the head coach having the ability to bring in elite assistants. Head coaches want their dudes to get paid now and I’m not sure FSU would be able to do that. That could deter some candidates from the job.

  14. #44
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,031

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    True, but there hasn't been a top-level job come open since he retired.
    Reading around it appears Bob Stoops may have been in Tallahassee today. Going to dig around to see if there is more validity to that.

  15. #45
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,318

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    The biggest issue facing this job is the head coach having the ability to bring in elite assistants. Head coaches want their dudes to get paid now and I’m not sure FSU would be able to do that. That could deter some candidates from the job.
    FSU raised 20 mil in private donations just for Taggert's buy out... The issue wouldn't be the new coach salary and assistant pool. It would be the buyout they would have to likely pay to get them away from their current program.

Top