Who should win the Heisman Trophy?

Page 5 of After Superman himself was exposed to kryptonite tonight and barely escaped the SEC title game with a win, I instantly thought about Kyler Murray being... 112 comments | 2643 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who is your Heisman Pick?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama

    18 47.37%
  • Kyler Murray, Oklahoma

    14 36.84%
  • Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State

    6 15.79%
  • Will Grier, West Virginia

    0 0%
  • Other- explain in thread

    0 0%
  1. #61

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    The race isn't close, IMO. Tua has been the best player this year. That is in no way a knock on Kyler Murray. Tua's stock may be trending down, but with as high as it's been this season, there was no where for it to go but down.

    Also, comparing championship game performances isn't really fair to Tua, unless we're going to factor in who Murray and Haskins played against. I think everyone would agree Tua had a MUCH more difficult opponent.
    Preach.
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,229

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Let's not forget Tua hasn't really taken many 4th quarter snaps this season. Stats would be a lot closer to Murray's had he been needed for every snap every week.
    I was waiting to throw that little stat in there.

  3. #63
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,703

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    The race isn't close, IMO. Tua has been the best player this year. That is in no way a knock on Kyler Murray. Tua's stock may be trending down, but with as high as it's been this season, there was no where for it to go but down.

    Also, comparing championship game performances isn't really fair to Tua, unless we're going to factor in who Murray and Haskins played against. I think everyone would agree Tua had a MUCH more difficult opponent.
    Tua played a team that folks say should be in the playoffs. He got hurt before he could lead the team to a comeback victory and folks want to dismiss his whole season.

    Haskins played Northwestern in his conference championship. Say that out loud.

    Kyler played Texas. Not Vince Young Texas. Just Texas we’ve had 3 coaches in the last 5 years Texas.

    Haskins lost to Purdue and on that day wasn’t even better than Rondale Moore. Do we really need to discuss their struggle wins?

    You hit the nail on the head. Tua dominated the best conference in the NCAA. There is no need for a discussion.

  4. #64
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,121

    Kyler was the best player in the country all season long. I feel sorry for those who didn’t watch enough Oklahoma to realize that.

  5. #65
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,229

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Kyler was the best player in the country all season long. I feel sorry for those who didn’t watch enough Oklahoma to realize that.
    Your tone certainly has changed...

  6. #66
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,121

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Your tone certainly has changed...
    What are you talking about? I’ve been promoting Kyler this whole thread.

  7. #67
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,229

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    What are you talking about? I’ve been promoting Kyler this whole thread.
    Yes, in this thread. You certainly haven't been touting him as the best player all year, as your previous post suggested.

  8. #68
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,294

    Updated Odds (per Oddshark)

    Tua: -400
    Murray: +300
    Grier: +2000
    Haskings: +3300

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Kyler was the best player in the country all season long. I feel sorry for those who didn’t watch enough Oklahoma to realize that.
    That's not true; for most of the season Tua was putting up video game numbers against better defenses. Let's face it; the Big 12 is known for their wide open offenses and less than stellar defenses. Kyler has been phenomenal but let's not pretend that Tua hasn't been his equal if not superior for a large portion of the season. I don't mind if Kyler wins, I think he has been great. But is his numbers a product of a system or of the qb himself. Almost all OK qb's put up similar numbers

  10. #70
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,121

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Yes, in this thread. You certainly haven't been touting him as the best player all year, as your previous post suggested.
    It was Tua for most of the year. Then it flipped once Tua came back to earth a little bit and Kyler kept his play at a high level.

  11. #71
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,229

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    It was Tua for most of the year. Then it flipped once Tua came back to earth a little bit and Kyler kept his play at a high level.
    So then Kyler wasn't the best player all season long.

  12. #72
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,229

    You can't ignore the fact that Murray put up his numbers in a conference where defense is optional at best, and then knock Tua for having a "bad" game against what would be the best team on Murray's schedule by far.

  13. #73
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,294

    How can we knock Oklahoma because they play in a conference where they play zero defense as a reason they aren't worthy of the playoffs, yet advocate that because of those same gaudy #s as Murray to win the Heisman?

  14. #74
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,121

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    That's not true; for most of the season Tua was putting up video game numbers against better defenses. Let's face it; the Big 12 is known for their wide open offenses and less than stellar defenses. Kyler has been phenomenal but let's not pretend that Tua hasn't been his equal if not superior for a large portion of the season. I don't mind if Kyler wins, I think he has been great. But is his numbers a product of a system or of the qb himself. Almost all OK qb's put up similar numbers
    I hate the idea that OU QBs are system guys. No Oklahoma just always gets really good QBs. Tua and Kyler are equals. I think Tua had the better first half and Kyler better second half. I give the nod to Kyler because of the championship game performance. Kyler also added 850 yards on the ground and 11 TDs and that doesn’t get talked about enough.

  15. #75
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,121

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    So then Kyler wasn't the best player all season long.
    Over the span of the whole season. Yes he was IMO.

Top