Who should win the Heisman Trophy?

Page 3 of After Superman himself was exposed to kryptonite tonight and barely escaped the SEC title game with a win, I instantly thought about Kyler Murray being... 112 comments | 2089 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who is your Heisman Pick?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama

    18 47.37%
  • Kyler Murray, Oklahoma

    14 36.84%
  • Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State

    6 15.79%
  • Will Grier, West Virginia

    0 0%
  • Other- explain in thread

    0 0%
  1. #31
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    You must not have actually watched Kyler play. It’s fine. Eye test is similar, stats are in Kylers favor.
    I’ve seen him a few times.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,148

    It’s Tua and I doubt it ends up being close.

    I’d be okay with Murray winning though.

  3. #33
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,045

    I'd probably lean Murray after conference championship games. But those making the stats argument are missing the fact TUA rarley played in the 4th quarter because Bama was beating teams so bad. Haskins should have greater total stats because OSU was in many more close games.

  4. #34
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,815

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    I'd probably lean Murray after conference championship games. But those making the stats argument are missing the fact TUA rarley played in the 4th quarter because Bama was beating teams so bad. Haskins should have greater total stats because OSU was in many more close games.
    Kyler has a higher completion percentage and higher yards per attempt than Tua. Tua has the edge in percentage of completions for TDs. But literally every other average stat is in Kylers favor. Couple that with 850 yards on the ground and 11 TDs and this really shouldn’t be close.

  5. #35
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,045

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Kyler has a higher completion percentage and higher yards per attempt than Tua. Tua has the edge in percentage of completions for TDs. But literally every other average stat is in Kylers favor. Couple that with 850 yards on the ground and 11 TDs and this really shouldn’t be close.
    Again after yesterday I said I lean Murray. But voters probably factor in the defenses each team faces as well. The big 12 is filled with QB's with gaudy stats every year because they don't play defense.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    285

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Some votes are already in which favors Tua, but hes lucky that Hurts bailed him out tonight and showed everybody Bama is 13-0 either way.
    Garbage that this is allowed. Why cast a vote before the season is done?

  7. #37
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    701

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It’s Tua and I doubt it ends up being close.
    If you made me wager, I'd say both of those statements end up being inaccurate, especially the 2nd one. With the fewest votes ever received before the 1st weekend in December, even if Saturday evening didn't cost Tua the Heisman (and I think it did), it certainly closed the gap dramatically for Haskins, Murray...and a deserved 4th invitee in my opinion, Grier.

    I think Murray wins one of the closest votes ever, with Haskins 2nd, and Tua 3rd.

  8. #38
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,380

    I have thought for the past few weeks the most interesting conversation is who will be the third invitee behind Tua and Murray? I believe Tua will win, but it will be close.

    I know Haskins has the numbers, but I never watched OSU thinking, "oh yeah, there is this year's Heisman winner." You can stat me all day long, but a few times I watched Haskins I thought OSU was wining in spite of Haskins and able to cover his warts. I think of the game against Penn State. He was shaky, looked like a deer in headlights, but the OSU receivers continued to make difficult plays to will home the victory. I was not able to watch the Michigan game because I was traveling. Obviously this belief makes me hater.

    Haskins and Murray both number wise are skewed because of how much their offenses were on the field. Tua's stats are skewed the other way because of how much their first team offense was not on the field and he splitting snaps the first third of the season.

  9. #39
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,815

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I have thought for the past few weeks the most interesting conversation is who will be the third invitee behind Tua and Murray? I believe Tua will win, but it will be close.

    I know Haskins has the numbers, but I never watched OSU thinking, "oh yeah, there is this year's Heisman winner." You can stat me all day long, but a few times I watched Haskins I thought OSU was wining in spite of Haskins and able to cover his warts. I think of the game against Penn State. He was shaky, looked like a deer in headlights, but the OSU receivers continued to make difficult plays to will home the victory. I was not able to watch the Michigan game because I was traveling. Obviously this belief makes me hater.

    Haskins and Murray both number wise are skewed because of how much their offenses were on the field. Tua's stats are skewed the other way because of how much their first team offense was not on the field and he splitting snaps the first third of the season.
    Did you watch the Northwestern game? Seriously? Did you see the throws he was making? How the hell could you say OSU was winning in spite of Haskins? Without Haskins this is an 8 win football team at best this year. He just had the greatest season of any Big 10 QB EVER.

  10. #40
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,380

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Did you watch the Northwestern game? Seriously? Did you see the throws he was making? How the hell could you say OSU was winning in spite of Haskins? Without Haskins this is an 8 win football team at best this year. He just had the greatest season of any Big 10 QB EVER.
    Did you read the post of mine you quoted? I specifically cited the Penn State game as an example and you took it to mean I was applying it to every snap of the season and boasted his performance against Northwestern, which was tremendous.

    You are being hyperbolic with the eight win stuff. The talent gap between Ohio State and the rest of their opponents is so excessive it will not allow them to win any less than 10 games. Another reason his stats and Tua's (though the talent gap isn't as wide with Bama and their opponents) are absurd.

  11. #41
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,815

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Did you read the post of mine you quoted? I specifically cited the Penn State game as an example and you took it to mean I was applying it to every snap of the season and boasted his performance against Northwestern, which was tremendous.

    You are being hyperbolic with the eight win stuff. The talent gap between Ohio State and the rest of their opponents is so excessive it will not allow them to win any less than 10 games. Another reason his stats and Tua's (though the talent gap isn't as wide with Bama and their opponents) are absurd.
    Penn State game was bad for him. If you go back and watch though there were several huge passes dropped in the first half. Either way the dude was an absolute stud all season long and even made the plays in the Penn State game that he had to. I agree the talent gap between Ohio State and everyone they played was wide this year as it is every single year, but they largely underachieved the whole year as a whole. Haskins covered up the warts of the rest of the team not the other way around. You can’t just say his receivers made plays for him all season. Yeah OSU has a great group of receivers. But it’s no coincidence the 3 best groups of receivers in the country are Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Alabama. I just have a hard time understanding how someone could watch Ohio State this year and not come to the conclusion that Haskins was the reason they were winning. He’s going to be the first QB taken in the draft if he decides to leave.

  12. #42
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,148

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    He’s going to be the first QB taken in the draft if he decides to leave.
    If that's true, and I'm not positive it is, he'd be an idiot to stay.

  13. #43
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,815

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    If that's true, and I'm not positive it is, he'd be an idiot to stay.
    I agree. I see no chance he stays personally. It’s officially Tate Martell time in Columbus. Everything I’ve been reading is Haskins, Herbert from Oregon, Daniel Jones from Duke are the only QBs with a first round grades. The overwhelming sense is that Herbert wants to return to school for his senior season. That leaves Haskins as the top guy. This is the weakest QB draft class in a while. I’d be genuinely shocked if Haskins stayed.

  14. #44
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,536

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Penn State game was bad for him. If you go back and watch though there were several huge passes dropped in the first half. Either way the dude was an absolute stud all season long and even made the plays in the Penn State game that he had to. I agree the talent gap between Ohio State and everyone they played was wide this year as it is every single year, but they largely underachieved the whole year as a whole. Haskins covered up the warts of the rest of the team not the other way around. You can’t just say his receivers made plays for him all season. Yeah OSU has a great group of receivers. But it’s no coincidence the 3 best groups of receivers in the country are Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Alabama. I just have a hard time understanding how someone could watch Ohio State this year and not come to the conclusion that Haskins was the reason they were winning. He’s going to be the first QB taken in the draft if he decides to leave.
    We’re a 3-4 loss team without Dwayne.

  15. #45
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,815

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    We’re a 3-4 loss team without Dwayne.
    Agreed.

Top