Tua

  1. #1
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,312

    Tua

    Reading that this may be a career ending injury. It was a freak injury that could have happened anytime. One report says that it's similar to Bo Jackson's injury.

    Surgery tonight or in the a.m. aftrr being helicoptered from Starkville to Birmingham during the second half of the game.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    158

    Really sorry to hear this. Seems like a great kid, and obviously incredibly talented.

  3. #3
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,035

    That’s legitimately heartbreaking news if it’s even remotely close to career ending.

  4. #4
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,863

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Reading that this may be a career ending injury. It was a freak injury that could have happened anytime. One report says that it's similar to Bo Jackson's injury.

    Surgery tonight or in the a.m. aftrr being helicoptered from Starkville to Birmingham during the second half of the game.
    You just hate to see it in a game already decided. The latest I’m hearing is fracture and surgery. Likely fracture dislocation of hip with acetabular fracture. Not saying career over but career threatening and certainly his draft stick is damaged. This sucks.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,117

    That really sucks. Hopefully he’s still able to play.

  6. #6
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,863

    Officially ruled out for the season. I think we all knew but it sounds like a bad dream.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Posts
    2,418

    So sad for Tua. Seems like a great young man.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,952

    This sucks. I hope for his sake he is able to continue playing and get back to what he was and get that big second contract in the NFL one day.

  9. #9
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,312

    I don't forsee this, but Tua is Junior. He could redshirt next year and use the next year and a half to rehab. He could then come back for a senior season to elevate his draft stock again.

    If he leaves Alabama, he also leaves behind trainers, doctors and coaches that he gets free. Rehab could cost a ton of money, if he has to pay his own way. Might be the smart thing to do, to rehab on Bama's dime forbthe next year and a half.

  10. #10
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,863

    He has to have an insurance policy right?

  11. #11
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,312

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    He has to have an insurance policy right?
    I hope so.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,952

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I don't forsee this, but Tua is Junior. He could redshirt next year and use the next year and a half to rehab. He could then come back for a senior season to elevate his draft stock again.

    If he leaves Alabama, he also leaves behind trainers, doctors and coaches that he gets free. Rehab could cost a ton of money, if he has to pay his own way. Might be the smart thing to do, to rehab on Bama's dime forbthe next year and a half.
    I could be wrong but I would assume Bama would pay for most of his rehab, and then once he gets drafted which he still would get drafted somewhere in the draft. The NFL teams would be paying and doing the rehab for rehab for him.

  13. #13
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,312

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I could be wrong but I would assume Bama would pay for most of his rehab, and then once he gets drafted which he still would get drafted somewhere in the draft. The NFL teams would be paying and doing the rehab for rehab for him.
    I'm not sure he gets drafted this year...unless it's by the Patriots and they are willing to wait on him while Tom wraps up his career.

    You are probably correct on Bama paying for his rehab.

  14. #14
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,312

    Alabama just released the following statement on Tagovailoa’s status:

    “Tua Tagovailoa sustained a right hip dislocation that was immediately reduced at the stadium. He is undergoing further testing to determine the best course of treatment. He is expected to make a full recovery but will miss the remainder of the season.”

  15. #15
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,035

    If he does have an insurance policy, could we see an Anthony Kim type situation play out in football?

Top