Tracking the UK starting QB competition

Page 2 of Kentucky Football | Stephen Johnson, Gunnar Hoak expect to compete for quarterback job... 24 comments | 1771 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    7,331

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    Sounds like Stoops is already giving up on Barker?
    Just when we gave up on you.....
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,907

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    Sounds like Stoops is already giving up on Barker?
    They basically already said he is the starter going into yet. Did you not expect UK to try to go out and get guys though that they think can play if Barker doesn't pan out or gets hurt. Programs have to be proactive and prepared for anything. At the end of the day no one knows for sure how Barker will do. He could do great, average or bad. However even if he does great you have to be prepared and have backups in place because injuries do happen.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,011

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    They basically already said he is the starter going into yet. Did you not expect UK to try to go out and get guys though that they think can play if Barker doesn't pan out or gets hurt. Programs have to be proactive and prepared for anything. At the end of the day no one knows for sure how Barker will do. He could do great, average or bad. However even if he does great you have to be prepared and have backups in place because injuries do happen.
    No they are now saying the new kids will get a chance to start.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,011

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    They basically already said he is the starter going into yet. Did you not expect UK to try to go out and get guys though that they think can play if Barker doesn't pan out or gets hurt. Programs have to be proactive and prepared for anything. At the end of the day no one knows for sure how Barker will do. He could do great, average or bad. However even if he does great you have to be prepared and have backups in place because injuries do happen.
    Did you see him play this season nothing much to talk about Towles was clearly better. Doesn't matter Barker will probably end up in trouble during the offseason like last year.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,907

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    No they are now saying the new kids will get a chance to start.
    Yes every player at every position in theory gets a chance to start....

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,907

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    Did you see him play this season nothing much to talk about Towles was clearly better. Doesn't matter Barker will probably end up in trouble during the offseason like last year.
    Yes I seen him play. I saw a guy getting his first college playing experience, and saw some good things. But also saw some bad things that usually happen to people who don't have experience. I'm sure you have ignored that fact though, or ignore the fact that he basically didn't get any reps with starters for three months before he ended up getting starter reps in practice too.

    I have no idea how he will end up doing. The only thing I do know is someone has had a clear bias and agenda against him since his high school days. So that makes your opinion very irrelevant considering your personal bias against him. So you have made it impossible for yourself to even get into a good debate on this topic. I have not seen one person say he definitely will do good, because no one knows for sure yet. Which your track record said Reese Phillips would be starting this year for UK, and well I guess we see how wrong you were on that because he won't even be on the team now. So your track record keeps getting worst.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,011

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Yes I seen him play. I saw a guy getting his first college playing experience, and saw some good things. But also saw some bad things that usually happen to people who don't have experience. I'm sure you have ignored that fact though, or ignore the fact that he basically didn't get any reps with starters for three months before he ended up getting starter reps in practice too.

    I have no idea how he will end up doing. The only thing I do know is someone has had a clear bias and agenda against him since his high school days. So that makes your opinion very irrelevant considering your personal bias against him. So you have made it impossible for yourself to even get into a good debate on this topic. I have not seen one person say he definitely will do good, because no one knows for sure yet. Which your track record said Reese Phillips would be starting this year for UK, and well I guess we see how wrong you were on that because he won't even be on the team now. So your track record keeps getting worst.
    I said he might end up like Pike he has already been in trouble twice. Hopefully he figures it out.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,011

    I wish Barker the best of luck.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    167

    The biggest knock on Barker so far has been his decision making off the field; when he started the Vandy game he was put in a pressure situation and played like a freshman. Give the man a chance but let's hope someone has been counseling the young man about life as well as x's and o's.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    ...

Top