Tennessee coaching search

Page 8 of So now with Tennessee backing out on Greg Schiano and Duke head coach, David Cutfliff telling Tennessee he's staying at Duke. Matt Campbell just signed... 135 comments | 3263 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    18,203

    Tennessee Volunteers, athletic director John Currie part amid tumultuous coaching search
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,592

    @BradenGall

    .@Brett_McMurphy just told us that people inside the Tennessee program were calling coaches who Currie was trying to hire and tell them not to come and that it is toxic.

  3. #108
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,562

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    They could put it out there for the twitter mob to decide, since they decided the fate of Schiano.

    What is Bill Polian's quote? "If you listen to the fans you will soon be sitting with them."
    Took all of like three days for that to happen.

  4. #109
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,975

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    So Currie was the one who fired Fullmer back in 2008....Guess Fat Phil's been playing the long game and finally got his revenge.
    How did Currie fire him in 2008? Was he in the interim AD at the time?

  5. #110
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    43,691

    Name:  UT_TireFire.png
Views: 111
Size:  400.6 KB

  6. #111
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,948

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    How did Currie fire him in 2008? Was he in the interim AD at the time?
    I believe he was the Assistant AD at the time...

  7. #112
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    18,203

    Newy Scruggs
    @newyscruggs



    Sources tell @NBCDFWSports that former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach is working on a deal to become the next coach at Tennessee. A deal could be announced Friday. I’m working on more details.

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    9,243

    Things are out of kilter when athletics departments can make universities look so inept. (UL is another example.) ........and the amounts of the coaches' salaries that are being reported.......geez. Maybe the schools should rein in athletics a bit and put them in their proper place within the real purpose of a university.

  9. #114
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    39,061

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    So Currie was the one who fired Fullmer back in 2008....Guess Fat Phil's been playing the long game and finally got his revenge.
    Yeah, that is pretty gangster on Fulmer's part.

  10. #115
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,592

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Newy Scruggs
    @newyscruggs



    Sources tell @NBCDFWSports that former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach is working on a deal to become the next coach at Tennessee. A deal could be announced Friday. I’m working on more details.
    I think this was before they fired the AD

  11. #116
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,337

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Newy Scruggs
    @newyscruggs



    Sources tell @NBCDFWSports that former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach is working on a deal to become the next coach at Tennessee. A deal could be announced Friday. I’m working on more details.
    Seems like AD would be the priority.

  12. #117
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    15,803

    The only way they could handle this any worse at this point is if they ritually sacrifice Peyton Manning on Cumberland Avenue and rename Neyland Stdium for Nick Saban.

  13. #118
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    796

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Things are out of kilter when athletics departments can make universities look so inept. (UL is another example.) ........and the amounts of the coaches' salaries that are being reported.......geez. Maybe the schools should rein in athletics a bit and put them in their proper place within the real purpose of a university.


    But seriously, I agree with you 100%.

  14. #119
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    9,251

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    The only way they could handle this any worse at this point is if they ritually sacrifice Peyton Manning on Cumberland Avenue and rename Neyland Stdium for Nick Saban.

  15. #120
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    19,272

    Looks like Fulmer will be named AD this afternoon.

Top