Steve Spurrier Doesn't

  1. #1
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,980

    Steve Spurrier Doesn't

    ............pick Tim Tebow to the Preseason All SEC team.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4352863

    Thoughts.........?

    I personally feel Tebow will win the Heisman...again....and Florida will win the BCS National Championship.....again.

    Anyone else surprised by Spurrier's actions and did he just guarantee a 30+ point whipping with no mercy from the Gators this year?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Winners are willing to do what losers wont....
    Posts
    1,723

    Well, honestly, I think the fact that this is such a big deal is a bit ridiculous. So the guy didnt vote for him, big deal, its not like he voted for Mike Hartline as his choice, he picked Jevon Snead who is a very good Quarterback. If anything, this is going to give Tebow extra motivation this season, so maybe the Head Ball Coach was bringing Tebow down to Earth a bit with this vote.

    Also, I just head on the radio that he said he had an aid fill out his ballot and didn't know and he publicly changed his vote to Tebow. What a joke!! Just admit it, very lame move IMO

  3. #3
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,333

    Isn't Spurrier the same guy who used to annually vote Duke at #25 on his preseason coaches poll ballot?

    Ultimately, does it really matter? Will there be one single person on the entire globe who will even remember that Tebow wasn't a unanimous choice? Right now I can't remember who was chosen first team and I just looked a list a little while ago.

    As always, much ado about nothing.

  4. #4
    cch5432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    Posts
    10,154

    All this means is that I'm going to watch Florida v SC this year to watch Tebow reign hell on Spurrier.

  5. #5
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,235

    This is really not a big shock. In fairness, I guess you could justify it since Snead did beat Tebow at Gainsville last season. Not saying I would... just saying.

    More importantly, I do not think Spurrier really cares what anyone thinks.

  6. #6
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    The guy at Ole Miss is a better QB than Tebow. I think he just gave his honest opinion.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    ............pick Tim Tebow to the Preseason All SEC team.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4352863

    Thoughts.........?

    I personally feel Tebow will win the Heisman...again....and Florida will win the BCS National Championship.....again.

    Anyone else surprised by Spurrier's actions and did he just guarantee a 30+ point whipping with no mercy from the Gators this year?
    Ah, why would that surprise you from Spurrier, he is very jealous of the success UF has had in the last few years. Not to mention his team is really kind of pathetic.

    And they were going to lose by 30 regardless, remember last season?

    Quote Originally Posted by KyTiger89 View Post
    Well, honestly, I think the fact that this is such a big deal is a bit ridiculous. So the guy didnt vote for him, big deal, its not like he voted for Mike Hartline as his choice, he picked Jevon Snead who is a very good Quarterback. If anything, this is going to give Tebow extra motivation this season, so maybe the Head Ball Coach was bringing Tebow down to Earth a bit with this vote.

    Also, I just head on the radio that he said he had an aid fill out his ballot and didn't know and he publicly changed his vote to Tebow. What a joke!! Just admit it, very lame move IMO
    You could vote Snead IMO. I'd vote Tebow, but you could make a good argument I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by cch5432 View Post
    All this means is that I'm going to watch Florida v SC this year to watch Tebow reign hell on Spurrier.
    After last year I don't think I can watch another beat down of Spurrier by Urban Meyer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    The guy at Ole Miss is a better QB than Tebow. I think he just gave his honest opinion.
    Pro-wise? College-wise? Maybe better pro potential, but at the college level I don't know if you could even but McCoy or Bradford as being a better player at the QB position.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Winners are willing to do what losers wont....
    Posts
    1,723

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    The guy at Ole Miss is a better QB than Tebow. I think he just gave his honest opinion.
    Hmmm.

    Hard to go against a guy that has 6,390 career passing yards, 67 passing TD's, and just 11 INT's, which is complimented with 2,037 career rushing yards and 43 rushing TD's. Oh yeah, he's also won the Heisman trophy and a National Championship (2x).

  9. #9
    cch5432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    Posts
    10,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    The guy at Ole Miss is a better QB than Tebow. I think he just gave his honest opinion.
    From looking at their per-game statistics, which QB would you least want out of these?

    QB A: 15-27 (56.3%) for 230 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT.
    QB B: 15-23 (64.4%) for 211 yards, 2 TD's and .3 INT.
    QB C: 18-27 (66.9%) for 253 yards, 2.5 TD's and .5 INT.

  10. #10
    cch5432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    Posts
    10,154

    Wait, did anyone else not read the article (like me)?

    I didn't realize that it was a mistake

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Winners are willing to do what losers wont....
    Posts
    1,723

    Quote Originally Posted by cch5432 View Post
    Wait, did anyone else not read the article (like me)?

    I didn't realize that it was a mistake
    I posted that in post #2, but I dont think it was a mistake JMO

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 09
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,776

    Seen that he said the Director of Operations filled out his card.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    I doubt it was a mistake, and whether he believes Snead is better was probably secondary...

    I believe Spurrier just likes to do stuff like this for a reaction. These pre-season polls are meaningless anyway, so he uses them to liven things up a bit.

  14. #14
    charlesw88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Junction City, KY
    Posts
    3,690

    I don't buy that it was a mistake either. I agree with 5wide. He just wants to see the reaction. Yes, it is meaningless. And as for what Bugatti said earlier, I agree that Steve Spurrier really doesn't care what we think. He's sitting behind his desk laughing.

  15. #15
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    Quote Originally Posted by cch5432 View Post
    From looking at their per-game statistics, which QB would you least want out of these?

    QB A: 15-27 (56.3%) for 230 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT.
    QB B: 15-23 (64.4%) for 211 yards, 2 TD's and .3 INT.
    QB C: 18-27 (66.9%) for 253 yards, 2.5 TD's and .5 INT.
    Which team would you rather surround the QB with:

    A: Ole Miss
    B: Florida

Top