Ryan Day poaches Michigan coach

Page 3 of Just when you thought it couldn... 56 comments | 1131 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Part of his resume?!? Surely to goodness you don’t honestly believe Schiano should have to bear a scarlet letter simply because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He had no involvement in any of the Penn State stuff. The Tennessee fans didn’t believe he was a good coach so they found any excuse to get the adminstration to go back on their decision. It was despicable what they did. Whether Schiano is a good coach or not is irrelevant after the fans did what they did.
    If I were an AD I would not touch anyone associated with Penn State during that time frame.

    And yes he was a coach at Penn State during that time so it’s absolutely part of his resume.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,815

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    If I were an AD I would not touch anyone associated with Penn State during that time frame.

    And yes he was a coach at Penn State during that time so it’s absolutely part of his resume.
    That’s completely unfair. You sure you don’t listen to Clay Travis? Because you sound just like him.

  3. #33
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    That’s completely unfair. You sure you don’t listen to Clay Travis? Because you sound just like him.
    It's not unfair. There's certain things I'm avoiding altogether because of how repulsive and disgusting they are.

    I wouldn't involve myself with anyone connected to any sort of domestic violence issues either, whether proven or unsubstantiated.

  4. #34
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,653

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It's not unfair. There's certain things I'm avoiding altogether because of how repulsive and disgusting they are.

    I wouldn't involve myself with anyone connected to any sort of domestic violence issues either, whether proven or unsubstantiated.
    I think you're living in a fantasy land of a perfect world and perfect people. You wouldn't employ ANYBODY that was at Penn State during the time everything happened?

  5. #35
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,815

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It's not unfair. There's certain things I'm avoiding altogether because of how repulsive and disgusting they are.

    I wouldn't involve myself with anyone connected to any sort of domestic violence issues either, whether proven or unsubstantiated.
    Saying Schiano is at all connected to the stuff at Penn State is completely unfair. Should the players, equipment managers, waterboys, etc. be subjected to the same treatment? The people responsible for the atrocities that took place at Penn State were taken care of.

  6. #36
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I think you're living in a fantasy land of a perfect world and perfect people. You wouldn't employ ANYBODY that was at Penn State during the time everything happened?
    Not anyone on the coaching staffs.

    Players that are now in coaching? I'd probably consider.

  7. #37
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,653

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Not anyone on the coaching staffs.

    Players that are now in coaching? I'd probably consider.
    So if you are employed by a company where it turns out there is rampant sexual harassment going on, would you expect not to be employed going forward because said company was on your resume?

  8. #38
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Saying Schiano is at all connected to the stuff at Penn State is completely unfair. Should the players, equipment managers, waterboys, etc. be subjected to the same treatment? The people responsible for the atrocities that took place at Penn State were taken care of.
    I disagree. I'm an accountant. If I were working at Enron during the whole fiasco there, even if I were just a staff level accountant, is it unfair if future employers are wary of hiring me because of my time there?

  9. #39
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    So if you are employed by a company where it turns out there is rampant sexual harassment going on, would you expect not to be employed going forward because said company was on your resume?
    I would expect it to be more challenging to land another job, yes.

  10. #40
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,653

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I wouldn't involve myself with anyone connected to any sort of domestic violence issues either, whether proven or unsubstantiated.
    Another question... If someone completely lies and says you've assaulted them, would you expect to lose your job, and not be employable in the future because of the allegation?

  11. #41
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,653

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I disagree. I'm an accountant. If I were working at Enron during the whole fiasco there, even if I were just a staff level accountant, is it unfair if future employers are wary of hiring me because of my time there?
    If you were in a position that had nothing to do with what went on, it would absolutely be unfair.

  12. #42
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Another question... If someone completely lies and says you've assaulted them, would you expect to lose your job, and not be employable in the future because of the allegation?
    That depends on the employer. I would at the very least expect a full & thorough investigation.

  13. #43
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    If you were in a position that had nothing to do with what went on, it would absolutely be unfair.
    We obviously disagree.

    A company's job is to hire the best people that fit within the organization's mission statement. If I'm the person in charge of doing the hiring, anyone that there is even a remote possibility was involved in something counter to that, I'm avoiding at all costs. it isn't worth it, and there's plenty of qualified candidates that don't have that potential baggage.

  14. #44
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,653

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    That depends on the employer. I would at the very least expect a full & thorough investigation.
    Just seems like a pretty extreme stance to suggest someone shouldn't ever be given a job because of what could be a lie, or, a situation an individual had absolutely nothing to do with.

  15. #45
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Just seems like a pretty extreme stance to suggest someone shouldn't ever be given a job because of what could be a lie, or, a situation an individual had absolutely nothing to do with.
    I never said they shouldn't ever be given a job anywhere. I'm speaking only of me. There are plenty of other people/companies that wouldn't care about anything in the person's past that would be more than willing to hire them.

Top