Ryan Day poaches Michigan coach

Page 2 of Just when you thought it couldn... 56 comments | 1908 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    According to a Michigan reporter
    , Michigan offered Greg Mattison a two-year extension and a raise before he departed for Ohio State
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,148

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Nope. Don't listen to him, or any other sports radio anymore.

    You guys were adamant last offseason that he was a great coach. If that were true, which it wasn't, why did Ohio State show him the door?
    It wasn’t so much we thought he was a great coach. He is but that wasn’t the point. The way the Tennessee fans treated him was a joke. Wrapping him with the Penn State stuff was classless.

  3. #18
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,384

    Did Urban not try to get all these guys previously? I'm interested as to why they are all coming to OSU now?

  4. #19
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    It wasn’t so much we thought he was a great coach. He is but that wasn’t the point. The way the Tennessee fans treated him was a joke. Wrapping him with the Penn State stuff was classless.
    Day is allowed to pick his own staff also.

  5. #20
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    Day is now trying to get a coach from LSU to complete his staff. That will be tough.

  6. #21
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,294

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    It wasn’t so much we thought he was a great coach. He is but that wasn’t the point. The way the Tennessee fans treated him was a joke. Wrapping him with the Penn State stuff was classless.
    It's part of his resume. Everything in a candidate's coaching past is relevant IMO.

  7. #22
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It's part of his resume. Everything in a candidate's coaching past is relevant IMO.
    Now 13 assistants have left Michigan under Jim Harbaugh:

    As the lone Michigan fan on here, what’s your take on this?

  8. #23
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,294

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Now 13 assistants have left Michigan under Jim Harbaugh:

    As the lone Michigan fan on here, what’s your take on this?
    I don't really have a take on it. I don't care who the coach is, what their staff is, etc.

    I root for them on Saturday's. I couldn't name you a single coach on their staff, other than Harbaugh. I couldn't tell you whether they have the 1st or 100th or somewhere in between recruiting class. I probably couldn't name more than 3-4 players on their roster if I'm being honest. Point being, I'm a fan of them, but I don't take it anywhere close to as seriously or follow it anywhere close to as closely as you guys do.

    And, for the record, I'm definitely not the only Michigan fan on here.

  9. #24
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I don't really have a take on it. I don't care who the coach is, what their staff is, etc.

    I root for them on Saturday's. I couldn't name you a single coach on their staff, other than Harbaugh. I couldn't tell you whether they have the 1st or 100th or somewhere in between recruiting class. I probably couldn't name more than 3-4 players on their roster if I'm being honest. Point being, I'm a fan of them, but I don't take it anywhere close to as seriously or follow it anywhere close to as closely as you guys do.

    And, for the record, I'm definitely not the only Michigan fan on here.
    I was wondering why you’ve never started a Michigan thread on here, at least, that I remember. You seem to follow the Cats much more.

  10. #25
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,294

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I was wondering why you’ve never started a Michigan thread on here, at least, that I remember. You seem to follow the Cats much more.
    I follow college football from a 30,000 foot level more so than specific teams. I root for Michigan and Kentucky. Kentucky is easier to follow more closely because of how much more information there is in this area. Even still, I can't name more than 5-6 guys on Kentucky's team. Just the way it is.

  11. #26
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,250

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I don't really have a take on it. I don't care who the coach is, what their staff is, etc.

    I root for them on Saturday's. I couldn't name you a single coach on their staff, other than Harbaugh. I couldn't tell you whether they have the 1st or 100th or somewhere in between recruiting class. I probably couldn't name more than 3-4 players on their roster if I'm being honest. Point being, I'm a fan of them, but I don't take it anywhere close to as seriously or follow it anywhere close to as closely as you guys do.

    And, for the record, I'm definitely not the only Michigan fan on here.
    Dude. How are you going to call yourself a Michigan fan when you don't even know which grad assistant is supposed to bring Jim his coffee every morning.

  12. #27
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,294

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    Dude. How are you going to call yourself a Michigan fan when you don't even know which grad assistant is supposed to bring Jim his coffee every morning.
    I'm ashamed and embarrassed.

  13. #28
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    Mattison was brought in to help mend fences with Ohio coaches I’m told. Mattison and Al Washington have deep ties in Ohio.

    Day said he wanted to build from the inside out.

  14. #29
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    Ryan Day's first week on the job ...

    ☑️ Sign the SEC's best freshman
    ☑️ Poach Michigan's best recruiter
    ☑️ Take Mike Gundy's OC

  15. #30
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,148

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It's part of his resume. Everything in a candidate's coaching past is relevant IMO.
    Part of his resume?!? Surely to goodness you don’t honestly believe Schiano should have to bear a scarlet letter simply because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He had no involvement in any of the Penn State stuff. The Tennessee fans didn’t believe he was a good coach so they found any excuse to get the adminstration to go back on their decision. It was despicable what they did. Whether Schiano is a good coach or not is irrelevant after the fans did what they did.

Top