Ohio State 39 Penn State 38

Page 5 of Final!!!... 75 comments | 978 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    9,736

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    The Big 10 has a better shot at 2 teams than the SEC simply because they won't play on the last week of the season.
    Possibly. The only catch is if Notre Dame wins out and Georgia's only loss is to Bama.

    But if Notre Dame keeps beating teams by 20+ it will be hard to be left out. I just don't want to get ahead myself I'm use to being disappointed.
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,171

    How good of a job did the Buckeyes do on Barkley? 21 carries for 44 yards. But, factor in one of those runs was the 36 yard TD run, that leaves 20 carries for 8 yards. That is just unbelievable.

  3. #63
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,556

    Play of the game? @CincySportsFan bowing out of the update thread! CSF for Heisman!

  4. #64
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,556

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    How good of a job did the Buckeyes do on Barkley? 21 carries for 44 yards. But, factor in one of those runs was the 36 yard TD run, that leaves 20 carries for 8 yards. That is just unbelievable.
    Even on the TD run OSU had Barkley he just made a great play. Unbeliveable how well they played.

  5. #65
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,556

    Love what I'm seeing from the Penn State players after the game. Tweeting at OSU players congratulating them on the win. Saquon Barkley tweeted at JK Dobbins telling him great game! Pure Class on their part. I still really dislike Penn State, but you can't hate guys like Saquon Barkley. Just a really good dude and a hell of a football player.

  6. #66
    barrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,239

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I don't disagree. With all the stud athletes at OSU, it is just CRAZY that their kickoff coverage is that bad. When you have 4 and 5 star athletes on your bench, they should be playing special teams and be working their butts off to make an impression on the coaches. Special teams should always be a strength at OSU...a lot of pressure on the special teams coaches right now.
    I’m pretty sure Meyer coaches their special teams. If those 4 and 5 stars aren’t on special teams it’s because they aren’t working hard enough. Zeke was on special teams and Meyer is well known for using starters on special teams

  7. #67
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,556

    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    I’m pretty sure Meyer coaches their special teams. If those 4 and 5 stars aren’t on special teams it’s because they aren’t working hard enough. Zeke was on special teams and Meyer is well known for using starters on special teams
    The 4 and 5 stars are on special teams, they just aren't doing their job.

  8. #68
    barrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,239

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    The 4 and 5 stars are on special teams, they just aren't doing their job.
    I phrased that a little poorly. I know they have 4 and 5 stars on special teams. I was attempting to say the 4 and 5 stars that are not on special teams are failing to do something.

  9. #69
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,171

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Play of the game? @CincySportsFan bowing out of the update thread! CSF for Heisman!
    Haha! It's funny how that happened...but, I'm superstitious about stuff like that. I check out of the thread and within a minute or so they get the blocked punt and two plays later put it in the end zone? Heck no, I'm not going to argue with the sports gods...I'll take one for the team and stay away.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    367

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    The 4 and 5 stars are on special teams, they just aren't doing their job.
    Man I thought you would have your own private thread just for you going....lol. Congrats on the win; your boys played their butts off, even with some questionable calls going against them. I'm back on the JT bandwagon again as well.

  11. #71
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,556

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    Man I thought you would have your own private thread just for you going....lol. Congrats on the win; your boys played their butts off, even with some questionable calls going against them. I'm back on the JT bandwagon again as well.
    Appreciate it! We have a long way to go until before I would feel comfortable with our chances against your boys, especially on special teams. But damn this win feels good.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    367

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Appreciate it! We have a long way to go until before I would feel comfortable with our chances against your boys, especially on special teams. But damn this win feels good.
    Nah, you're being modest....lol. They looked the part. That dline is crazy. They took over the game in the 4th qtr.

  13. #73
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Regardless of color, all soldiers who fall come back wearing red, white, and blue.
    Posts
    20,296

    At one point on the ESPN game cast OSU had a 2% chance of winning.

  14. #74
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    "Ram Nation" ...in the twin cities of Raceland / Worthington. i dwell on the other side of the tracks.
    Posts
    37,871

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Love what I'm seeing from the Penn State players after the game. Tweeting at OSU players congratulating them on the win. Saquon Barkley tweeted at JK Dobbins telling him great game! Pure Class on their part. I still really dislike Penn State, but you can't hate guys like Saquon Barkley. Just a really good dude and a hell of a football player.
    I dislike Penn State bc of what happened there and some actions of the School admin that imo was basically condoning some of it. Having said that, Barkley along with the current players didn't have anything to do with what was done and that team is very good plus carries themselves with class.

  15. #75
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    "Ram Nation" ...in the twin cities of Raceland / Worthington. i dwell on the other side of the tracks.
    Posts
    37,871

    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    I was attempting to say the 4 and 5 stars that are not on special teams are failing to do something.
    ....and with Meyer always having great special teams wherever he's been and taking pride in that, this team has to be driving him crazy.

Top