Ohio State 39 Penn State 38

Page 3 of Final!!!... 75 comments | 983 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    561

    Coach Meyer was asked if this was his greatest ever comeback in his coaching career, and he replied, "I think so."
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    370

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    If he couldn't run, he should have went play action on first down.
    Why, there was no respect for the run....play action would have just let that dline t-off on the qb. It was the best option. I like Barkley but he did too much dancing tonight.

  3. #33
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,589

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    At the end of the day it was a great football game. I'm also not going to put down JT after how great he played. Those were big time throws he made. He was awesome.

    Also the talent difference between them and Penn State showed. Osu has a butt load of talent. As long as JT keeps playing like this they could beat anybody.
    Question of the day: could OSU win a national title with the JT Barrett that played today?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,437

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Question of the day: could OSU win a national title with the JT Barrett that played today?
    I think so. OSU IMO clearly was the better team tday but crazy mistakes almost beat them. If they clean them up and JT continues to play like he is right now, I see no reason why they cannot compete with anyone. The D line is really fun to watch.

    On a side note, I cannot tell you how strange it is to watch Sam Hubbard playing defensive end after watching him (about 5 games) play safety in high school (Moeller). He literally lined up 20 yards off the line of scrimmage in HS and was just a stud at safety. He has probably put on 75 pounds of muscle while at OSU...I don't think ANYONE who watched him play in HS could envision him playing D end in college...linebacker maybe but D end??...just crazy

  5. #35
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Regardless of color, all soldiers who fall come back wearing red, white, and blue.
    Posts
    20,298

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Question of the day: could OSU win a national title with the JT Barrett that played today?
    Yes.

    Keep in mind OSU spotted PSU 14, then that pass interference call gave them another 7. OSU made countless mistakes and still beat the #2 team nationally and the Heisman trophy winner.

  6. #36
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,589

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I think so. OSU IMO clearly was the better team tday but crazy mistakes almost beat them. If they clean them up and JT continues to play like he is right now, I see no reason why they cannot compete with anyone. The D line is really fun to watch.

    On a side note, I cannot tell you how strange it is to watch Sam Hubbard playing defensive end after watching (about 5 games) play safety in high school (Moeller). He literally lined up 20 yards off the line of scrimmage in HS and was just a stud at safety. He has probably put on 75 pounds of muscle while at OSU...I don't think ANYONE who watched him play in HS could envision him playing D end in college...linebacker maybe but D end??...just crazy
    Hubbard not only went from Safety to DE in college he is probably going to be a 1st round pick. That's the magic of Larry Johnson.

  7. #37
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    9,737

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Question of the day: could OSU win a national title with the JT Barrett that played today?
    Possibly. The bigger question is could OSU beat Bama or Clemson with the way their Special Teams is playing. You spot Bama 14 and you lose.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,437

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    Possibly. The bigger question is could OSU beat Bama or Clemson with the way their Special Teams is playing. You spot Bama 14 and you lose.
    I don't disagree. With all the stud athletes at OSU, it is just CRAZY that their kickoff coverage is that bad. When you have 4 and 5 star athletes on your bench, they should be playing special teams and be working their butts off to make an impression on the coaches. Special teams should always be a strength at OSU...a lot of pressure on the special teams coaches right now.

  9. #39
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,589

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    Possibly. The bigger question is could OSU beat Bama or Clemson with the way their Special Teams is playing. You spot Bama 14 and you lose.
    If they spotted Bama 14 points they lose by 30 easily. Special teams has been an issue in all 8 games this year. Hopefully they can get it figured out. I don't question Urban on much, but I hate how they do kickoffs. They line everyone up on the left side and try to pin it into the corner. Yeah you'll get some pinned inside the 20, but you are also susceptible to a player like Barkley breaking it to the right and then you are left playing catchup and you can't catch Barkley. Just spread out the formation like normal and try to kick it into the end zone.

  10. #40
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,589

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I don't disagree. With all the stud athletes at OSU, it is just CRAZY that their kickoff coverage is that bad. When you have 4 and 5 star athletes on your bench, they should be playing special teams and be working their butts off to make an impression on the coaches. Special teams should always be a strength at OSU...a lot of pressure on the special teams coaches right now.
    Ohio State is playing a lot of their key players on special teams. It doesn't make sense why they are so bad.

  11. #41
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    9,737

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    If they spotted Bama 14 points they lose by 30 easily. Special teams has been an issue in all 8 games this year. Hopefully they can get it figured out. I don't question Urban on much, but I hate how they do kickoffs. They line everyone up on the left side and try to pin it into the corner. Yeah you'll get some pinned inside the 20, but you are also susceptible to a player like Barkley breaking it to the right and then you are left playing catchup and you can't catch Barkley. Just spread out the formation like normal and try to kick it into the end zone.
    While I'm not an OSU fan I've watched all their games living in Cleveland and going to bars to watch my Irish. The kickoff coverage has stood out to me all season . I hate Bama but Saban exploits teams Special teams so that has to be buttoned up.

  12. #42
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,589

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    While I'm not an OSU fan I've watched all their games living in Cleveland and going to bars to watch my Irish. The kickoff coverage has stood out to me all season . I hate Bama but Saban exploits teams Special teams so that has to be buttoned up.
    Over the years you would need more than 10 fingers to count how many big games Bama has won on a special teams play. Other than the Kick 6 against Auburn I can't think of one special teams mistake by Bama.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,655

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Question of the day: could OSU win a national title with the JT Barrett that played today?
    With how he played today, yes.

  14. #44
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,589

    @Footballforever74 where you at? Who's the new avatar picture going to be of tomorrow?

  15. #45
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    8,431

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    @Footballforever74 where you at?
    Right here?

Top