Ohio State 27 Wisconsin 21 (Big 10 Championship)

Page 2 of Final... 39 comments | 815 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,548

    Look I've already said I believe Bama will get in, but they now will only have 2 ranked wins with Fresno State losing.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,116

    This year shows even more that there needs to be 8 teams. Take both Bama and Osu for example. Both teams are talented enough to where if they get that chance, either team could end up making a run and playing it's best for 2 games.

    As I said a few years ago. If a team is given a chance to prove it, anything is possible. Just like USC imo also could have possibly made that run if they would have been put in. Yet we will never know.

  3. #18
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,548

    If OSU does make it, hopefully the committee makes the right choice and puts Oklahoma at 1.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,116

    If conference championships truly does end up being the trump card and Osu gets in. Then they really do need to expand the playoffs to 8 and have automatic bids for all 5 conference champs and 3 at large. If conference title is going to be the trump card. Might as well make it official and make it automatic bids.

    I do think osu deserves a chance to play for a title. However in a 4 team playoff I don't. The playoffs should be 8. This way osu and USC both are guarnteed to be given a chance to prove if they are the best or not on the field.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,101

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Look I've already said I believe Bama will get in, but they now will only have 2 ranked wins with Fresno State losing.
    I think that their chances may be better than some are thinking. Alabama’s SOS didn’t help them and Auburn losing to Georgia wasn’t helpful for them.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,116

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    If OSU does make it, hopefully the committee makes the right choice and puts Oklahoma at 1.
    I see no way they do that if osu makes it, because they wouldn't want a rematch of a game already.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,116

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    I think that their chances may be better than some are thinking. Alabama’s SOS didn’t help them and Auburn losing to Georgia wasn’t helpful for them.
    I don't think osu should be in. But after hear all these people talk i agree the committee may just do that. Which we already know my feelings on that.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,101

    Either way, the eight team playoff may be coming, which I think should happen.

  9. #24
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,548

    Look I really don't care but it's crazy to see the juxtaposition these past two years have been. All I see is people saying that conference championships are overrated when just last year everyone clamored that it should be a prerequisite. I still believe Bama is going to get in, but their resume this year doesn't even come close to comparing OSU's from last year.

  10. #25
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,548

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I don't think osu should be in. But after hear all these people talk i agree the committee may just do that. Which we already know my feelings on that.
    You still have it on FOX. Flip to ESPN and they don't even think it's a debate. If anyone doesn't think all media outlets are looking out for their best interests you're crazy.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,116

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    You still have it on FOX. Flip to ESPN and they don't even think it's a debate. If anyone doesn't think all media outlets are looking out for their best interests you're crazy.
    Ha the one good thing for osu is all the committee was watching fox too and hearing all them say osu should be in lol.

  12. #27
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,548

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I see no way they do that if osu makes it, because they wouldn't want a rematch of a game already.
    I know. But 1) I think OU is better 2) I'd rather play OU. It's a very self serving idea.

  13. #28
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,548

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Ha the one good thing for osu is all the committee was watching fox too and hearing all them say osu should be in lol.
    In actuality there will be some debate. But unless the committee really can't get past 2 teams from the same conference I think the Iowa loss is too much to overcome.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,116

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I know. But 1) I think OU is better 2) I'd rather play OU. It's a very self serving idea.
    Haha. If OSU gets in they have the talent to win it if they can play consistent. That's another reason I don't want them in. They don't deserve it, but if given a chance they could win it.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,116

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    In actuality there will be some debate. But unless the committee really can't get past 2 teams from the same conference I think the Iowa loss is too much to overcome.
    With that said that would be even more reason for an 8 team playoff. Because it wouldn't be a national playoff if 2 teams from same conference are in and leaves other parts of the country out without even having a chance in osu and USC. So to avoid that reasoning people would use for an 8 team playoff, they may keep Bama out to avoid that as you just said.

Top