Notre Dame/Clemson Updates

Page 5 of Just started the Irish go 3 and out on their first possession hurt by a penalty. Clemson takes their first possession.... 74 comments | 1414 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    “I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,449

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I never said they should be but they wouldn’t be getting boat raced tonight like your guys are. ND fell into the right circumstances again, good team with everyone down on their schedule and no conference championship game to validate body of work.
    Sure they would have. Like I said, I realize Clemson is no Purdue, but they'd destroy the Buckeyes.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,392

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Want to continue our debate over ND deserving to be in or not? Or should we toast?
    So can we say every single team who has played Clemson in the playoffs besides Bama didnt deserve to be in? So far besides Bama no one in the playoffs has even made it a game against Clemson. I still remember the high powered offense of OSU getting shut out by Clemson in these same playoffs. That's why its funny when people say OSU would do better. We already seen how Clemson shuts down great OSU offenses in the playoffs.

    I think we all need to except. This is Alabama and Clemsons world. Everyone else every year is just competing to say they made the playoff, because no one beats them two except each other.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,392

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I never said they should be but they wouldn’t be getting boat raced tonight like your guys are. ND fell into the right circumstances again, good team with everyone down on their schedule and no conference championship game to validate body of work.
    Just a few years ago OSU had a great offense too and got shut out by Clemson. So no you really cant say OSU would do better. We already seen that story of what Clemson does to OSU after a month to prepare.

  4. #64
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,842

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Sure they would have. Like I said, I realize Clemson is no Purdue, but they'd destroy your Buckeyes.
    So you have no counter to my ND was a fraud argument? Another participation trophy headed back to South Bend.

  5. #65
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    30,751

    That play sheet that Dabo is carrying around looks like a menu from Waffle House.

    Think he might be ordering up the post game hash browns?

  6. #66
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    30,751

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    So you have no counter to my ND was a fraud argument? Another participation trophy headed back to South Bend.
    They are as much a fraud and Ohio State was when they lost to Clemson in the semifinal 31-0.

  7. #67
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    “I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,449

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I never said they should be but they wouldn’t be getting boat raced tonight like your guys are. ND fell into the right circumstances again, good team with everyone down on their schedule and no conference championship game to validate body of work.
    Honestly, I don't get your argument here. 12-31-2017, Clemson 31 Ohio State 0.

  8. #68
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    “I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,449

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    So you have no counter to my ND was a fraud argument? Another participation trophy headed back to South Bend.
    12-31-2017, Clemson 31 Ohio State 0. Is the Buckeyes participation trophy on display? OSU = Fraud

  9. #69
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,842

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    They are as much a fraud and Ohio State was when they lost to Clemson in the semifinal 31-0.
    So you admit the committee got it wrong?

  10. #70
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,782

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Want to continue our debate over ND deserving to be in or not? Or should we toast?
    You should beat Purdue. Then it would be Oklahoma making this argument.

  11. #71
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    “I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,449

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    So you admit the committee got it wrong?
    So you admit the committee got it wrong year before last?
    Last edited by Run To State; Dec 29, 18 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Had wrong year.

  12. #72
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,842

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    12-31-2017, Clemson 31 Ohio State 0. Is the Buckeyes participation trophy on display? OSU = Fraud

    We have a title from 2014 and beat on your Irish the next year in 2015. When was your last claimed title, 1988?

  13. #73
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    30,751

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    So you admit the committee got it wrong?
    As much as they did in 2016. The committee is a fraud. I will go there and you know it.

    However, this is an update thread. Take this argument to another thread.

  14. #74
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,842

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    As much as they did in 2016. The committee is a fraud. I will go there and you know it.

    However, this is an update thread. Take this argument to another thread.
    Cheers, updates only.

  15. #75
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,526

    What Swampy said...
    Last edited by Jumper_Dad; Dec 29, 18 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Swampy said it better.

Top