Notre Dame/Clemson Updates

Page 3 of Just started the Irish go 3 and out on their first possession hurt by a penalty. Clemson takes their first possession.... 74 comments | 860 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,888

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    No one left after them would have been either except for maybe Georgia.
    OSU and Georgia both would have given Clemson a better game...both probably would have beat Clemson.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,398

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    OSU and Georgia both would have given Clemson a better game...both probably would have beat Clemson.
    Well, I realize Clemson is no Purdue, but I doubt it.

  3. #33
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,888

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Well, I realize Clemson is no Purdue, but I doubt it.

  4. #34
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,398

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post

  5. #35
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,181

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    OSU and Georgia both would have given Clemson a better game...both probably would have beat Clemson.
    I will agree that both of them would have done a better job than what Notre Dame is doing but I disagree that both of them would have beaten Clemson. Clemson looks pretty strong to me.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,052

    Quote Originally Posted by newarkcatholicfan View Post
    Notre Dame was not prepared with their schedule to play teams like Clemson and Alabama or Oklahoma
    I'm curious of which teams that were close to making it but didnt. That you would say were prepared with their schedule to play Clemson, or Bama? Besides Georiga, anyone else?

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,052

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    OSU and Georgia both would have given Clemson a better game...both probably would have beat Clemson.
    You mean the same OSU team that got beat down by Purdue? The same OSU team who's win over Michigan doesn't look as good either after what Florida did to Michigan to. That OSU team?

  8. #38
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,398

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I'm curious of which teams that were close to making it but didnt. That you would say were prepared with their schedule to play Clemson, or Bama? Besides Georiga, anyone else?
    He means OSU. And he's wrong.

  9. #39
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,888

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    You mean the same OSU team that got beat down by Purdue? The same OSU team who's win over Michigan doesn't look as good either after what Florida did to Michigan to. That OSU team?
    Yes, I still feel they are better than Notre Dame. OSU offense is dynamic and when clicking could score on anyone...even Clemson. Notre Dame is good but not great at anything, you have to be great at something to win these games.

  10. #40
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    41,492

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I'm curious of which teams that were close to making it but didnt. That you would say were prepared with their schedule to play Clemson, or Bama? Besides Georiga, anyone else?
    That non-league schedule did nothing for Georgia. They did beat a good LSU team and a Gators team, who was better than I thought they would be. Other than those games their schedule was not all that. Yes they beat a very overrated Kentucky and Auburn team. And they did show in their loss to Bama, that they were more worthy that N.D.

  11. #41
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,549

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Yes, I still feel they are better than Notre Dame. OSU offense is dynamic and when clicking could score on anyone...even Clemson. Notre Dame is good but not great at anything, you have to be great at something to win these games.
    Everybody knew ND was going to get embarrassed. Committee knew they had it wrong but the Irish brand prevailed.

  12. #42
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,888

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Everybody knew ND was going to get embarrassed. Committee knew they had it wrong but the Irish brand prevailed.
    12-0 + name = playoffs for ND. But with no losses it would be hard to leave them out.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,052

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Everybody knew ND was going to get embarrassed. Committee knew they had it wrong but the Irish brand prevailed.
    The difference in this game is 3 big plays. This game is no where near the domination of the 2012 game. Clemson scored 2 tds in last 2 minutes of the first half. One one a third and 16, and another on basically last play of first half where receiver made a heck of a play.

  14. #44
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,549

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    The difference in this game is 3 big plays. This game is no where near the domination of the 2012 game. Clemson scored 2 tds in last 2 minutes of the first half. One one a third and 16, and another on basically last play of first half where receiver made a heck of a play.
    Night is young, the committee is gonna get crushed by the National pundits all next week.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,542

    Notre Dame really needs points here and it has to be a touchdown.

Top