Latest playoff rankings

Page 3 of Here's the latest. OU at 5, OSU t 6. UK at 15, WVU at 16. College Football Playoff rankings: Georgia, Ohio State rise in new poll | NCAA.com 0 0 0 &nbs... 46 comments | 1227 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,050

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    Yeah I'm not talking up OSU at all. I'm wondering why Syracuse is all of a sudden a juggernaut of competition. They don't have a good win. They feasted on a bad conference slate. Their claim to fame is a loss to Clemson. Which unfortunately leads to questions about ND legitimacy.
    As for the SEC; Bama has 4 top 25 wins...UGA has 3. Whether you think they are legit or not is an argument for the playoff committee.
    On a neutral field, I would have no issue taking OSU, OK, and UGA over ND.
    So do you just pick and choose which top 25 wins matter. You question Syracuse, but dont seem to have a problem including Missouri as a top 25 win for Georgia and Bama lol.

    Or if we are going to use top 25 wins. Then Notre Dame has three of them too. Including a win over a team ranked higher than Georgia has beaten. If you want to talk about Legitmacy. Georgia lost a game by 20 points and were completely dominated in that game.

    So Georgia's three top 25 wins. Two of them came against Kentucky and Missouri lol. But yet you only seem to question the legitimacy of Notre Dame lol.

    It's perfectly fine if your opinion is those teams would beat Notre Dame, because we all have opinions. However there is very little facts you can use to support it, without the same thing being said to discredit that opinion too lol.

    Which by the way the committee seems to think opposite of you. Since they do have Notre Dame ahead of Georgia still.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Florida is too high. There’s no way they should be higher than Kentucky.

    Also, Georgia is not overrated and the SEC East is not garbage.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,050

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Florida is too high. There’s no way they should be higher than Kentucky.

    Also, Georgia is not overrated and the SEC East is not garbage.
    Never once said Georgia was overrated. I'm just pointing out how the same facts people are trying to use to support their opinion that Notre Dame is overrated, can be used against Georgia if that is the game people want to play. At the end of the day Georgia is being looked at more for what they did last year, than what they have done this year. If last year never happened, there is not much on Georgia's resume either that supports that they are better. One of the best teams Georgia has played this year so far, they lost by 20. Then two of their three best wins came over UK and Missouri. Which if people are going to try to discredit some of Notre Dame's wins, including the wins over Michigan and Syracuse. There is no way then someone should be able to turn around and give credit for Georgia for wins over UK, and Missouri and an overrated Florida team.

    Georgia is a good team, and if someone's opinion is that Georgia would beat Notre Dame. That is fine, because they might. I'm just pointing out how their really isn't any facts someone can use to support their opinion, that couldn't also be used against a team they think is better. All it is, is simply an opinion, which is all mine is too.

  4. #34
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,397

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    Might go watch UCF beat Florida in the Peach Bowl.
    I think you mean Auburn.

  5. #35
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,547

    Do even Florida fans believe their #9?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Never once said Georgia was overrated. I'm just pointing out how the same facts people are trying to use to support their opinion that Notre Dame is overrated, can be used against Georgia if that is the game people want to play. At the end of the day Georgia is being looked at more for what they did last year, than what they have done this year. If last year never happened, there is not much on Georgia's resume either that supports that they are better. One of the best teams Georgia has played this year so far, they lost by 20. Then two of their three best wins came over UK and Missouri. Which if people are going to try to discredit some of Notre Dame's wins, including the wins over Michigan and Syracuse. There is no way then someone should be able to turn around and give credit for Georgia for wins over UK, and Missouri and an overrated Florida team.

    Georgia is a good team, and if someone's opinion is that Georgia would beat Notre Dame. That is fine, because they might. I'm just pointing out how their really isn't any facts someone can use to support their opinion, that couldn't also be used against a team they think is better. All it is, is simply an opinion, which is all mine is too.
    You did question whether UGA was a good team and Bama as well by pointing out "who have they beaten". I told you who they beat. You don't think the teams they beat are good. You're insinuating that the SEC is overrated. I showed you the committee thinks otherwise. As you mock Missouri; they have 4 losses, 3 of those to teams in the top 15. BTW they beat that juggernaut of Purdue that....well no need to bring up OSU's past. That top 25 BIG ten west champ Northwestern lost to the 3-9 Akron Zips. Now you tell me who shouldn't belong in the top 25.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,050

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    You did question whether UGA was a good team and Bama as well by pointing out "who have they beaten". I told you who they beat. You don't think the teams they beat are good. You're insinuating that the SEC is overrated. I showed you the committee thinks otherwise. As you mock Missouri; they have 4 losses, 3 of those to teams in the top 15. BTW they beat that juggernaut of Purdue that....well no need to bring up OSU's past. That top 25 BIG ten west champ Northwestern lost to the 3-9 Akron Zips. Now you tell me who shouldn't belong in the top 25.
    So once again I guess you just pick and choose what things you think the committee is right on and what they are not right on lol. You discredit games Notre Dame won, even though the committee has a team like Syrcause in the top 25. But then you give the sec teams credit for top 25 wins since the committee has a team like Missouri in it lol. So basically pick and choose what fits your agenda best lol

    As for Georgia I'm pointing out how the same stuff your saying about Notre Dame can be said about Georgia. Both teams have 3 top 25 wins. So if you want to use Notre Dames resume against them to support your opinion that Notre Dame is overrated. Then you really cant use Georgia's resume to support they are better.

    Like it or not both beat 3 top 25 teams. Notre Dame having the best win out of the two teams over a team the committee still feels is 7th best in Michigan. Or is that another one where you only pick and choose things you agree with the committee on to support your opinion?

    Which as I said apparently the commitee also disagrees with you on resume and who is better, because Notre Dame is ranked higher.

    As I said before it's perfectly fine if your opinion is if they played Georgia wins. We agree to disagree on that. But I'm just showing you cant try to act like their are facts to support your opinion that Georgia is better, because their are also facts thay discredit that too.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,050

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    You did question whether UGA was a good team and Bama as well by pointing out "who have they beaten". I told you who they beat. You don't think the teams they beat are good. You're insinuating that the SEC is overrated. I showed you the committee thinks otherwise. As you mock Missouri; they have 4 losses, 3 of those to teams in the top 15. BTW they beat that juggernaut of Purdue that....well no need to bring up OSU's past. That top 25 BIG ten west champ Northwestern lost to the 3-9 Akron Zips. Now you tell me who shouldn't belong in the top 25.
    Once again your trying to prove facts to support your opinion. That doesnt help either because the same can be said to discredit that. Yes Northeestern lost to Akron. Well Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan , and Purdue crushed OSU. Yet here you are saying OSU is better.

    You are entitled to your opinion. But you keep trying to post things as fact to support your opinion. When the same things can be used to discredit it.

  9. #39
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,188

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    Also both games were before Book took over, if you don't see the difference then you haven't watched ND. The only bad game ND had with Book until USC was the Pitt game and they are in the ACC championship game.
    And without Dexter Williams in the backfield.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    So once again I guess you just pick and choose what things you think the committee is right on and what they are not right on lol. You discredit games Notre Dame won, even though the committee has a team like Syrcause in the top 25. But then you give the sec teams credit for top 25 wins since the committee has a team like Missouri in it lol. So basically pick and choose what fits your agenda best lol

    As for Georgia I'm pointing out how the same stuff your saying about Notre Dame can be said about Georgia. Both teams have 3 top 25 wins. So if you want to use Notre Dames resume against them to support your opinion that Notre Dame is overrated. Then you really cant use Georgia's resume to support they are better.

    Like it or not both beat 3 top 25 teams. Notre Dame having the best win out of the two teams over a team the committee still feels is 7th best in Michigan. Or is that another one where you only pick and choose things you agree with the committee on to support your opinion?

    Which as I said apparently the commitee also disagrees with you on resume and who is better, because Notre Dame is ranked higher.

    As I said before it's perfectly fine if your opinion is if they played Georgia wins. We agree to disagree on that. But I'm just showing you cant try to act like their are facts to support your opinion that Georgia is better, because their are also facts thay discredit that too.
    Ok you're all over the place. I never said ND was overrated. I think OSU, OK, and UGA are better teams. That doesn't mean ND is a bad team. My initial response to you was questioning Syracuse who gets a ton of credit for a close loss. And you're correct; that is my opinion. The good thing about it is ND is in the playoffs. They're gonna play a top 4 team, so we'll see how good they really are.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,050

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    Ok you're all over the place. I never said ND was overrated. I think OSU, OK, and UGA are better teams. That doesn't mean ND is a bad team. My initial response to you was questioning Syracuse who gets a ton of credit for a close loss. And you're correct; that is my opinion. The good thing about it is ND is in the playoffs. They're gonna play a top 4 team, so we'll see how good they really are.
    Yes you questioned Syracuse and said that makes you question how good Notre Dame is. I question some of the sec teams who are ranked. Then you use well the committee has those sec teams ranked as proof as they must not be overrated. Well the committee also has Syracuse ranked. The committee also has Michigan ranked higher than any team Georgia has beat. Which is why i said it seems you pick and choose which things support what you are saying. It's hard to discredit Syracuse a team the committee has ranked and then turn around and use sec teams the committee has ranked to show good wins for someone else or prove they aren't overrated.

    So your support the committee decision where they rank sec teams and used that to try to show good wins. But then turn around and ignore where the committee ranks teams Notre Dame beat. So you have picked and choose which best fits your point lol.

  12. #42
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,397

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    Might go watch UCF beat Florida in the Peach Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    I think you mean Auburn.
    My mistake, I thought you meant last year. You meant likely projection. Maybe, without Milton it's hard to say.

  13. #43
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,874

    How is Penn St. Ranked ahead of UK?
    PSU has zero wins over a team in the current top 25 while UK has 3. While UK has a marginally worse loss, they also have 3 or 4 better wins.

  14. #44
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,156

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    Nd lost to Georgia by 1 last year and I think any neutral observer would say ND this year is a better team than last year and Georgia is slightly worse than last year.
    And that game was at Notre Dame.

  15. #45
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,874

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    And that game was at Notre Dame.
    And it was the second start for a true freshman at QB for UGA.

Top