Kentucky vs. Penn State - Citrus Bowl

Page 8 of Per Brett McMurphy.... 119 comments | 6047 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Citrus Bowl Kentucky vs Penn State Who Wins?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Penn State (#12)

    17 40.48%
  • Kentucky (#14)

    25 59.52%
  1. #106
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    30,746

    My daughter-in-law has no Kentucky gear (Gator grad ). It appears she lost her 2012 championship t-shirt she was given (hmmmm), so she wants me to bring her a shirt. However, she doesn't want to wear this one...

    Name:  stompedthechomp.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  52.6 KB
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,523

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I agree with pretty much all of this, except youíve been around long enough to know the hate for the B10 on here. Itís just ironic to see UK fans and SEC fans on here, tense up against the conference they think is overrated year in, year out. Especially, with one of the best UK teams ever.
    Penn State is arguably the 3rd best team in the B1G, UK is probably the 5th, 6th or even 7th best in the SEC. PSU is an easy TD favorite and as stated before, they are a program used to playing in games like this. So as a UK fan, yeah I'm nervous.

    Matching the conference 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3 and so on I'd take the SEC to win nearly every game. But with UK punching up to BIG #3, it's not a comfortable game.

  3. #108
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Penn State is arguably the 3rd best team in the B1G, UK is probably the 5th, 6th or even 7th best in the SEC. PSU is an easy TD favorite and as stated before, they are a program used to playing in games like this. So as a UK fan, yeah I'm nervous.

    Matching the conference 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3 and so on I'd take the SEC to win nearly every game. But with UK punching up to BIG #3, it's not a comfortable game.
    I always view you as rational when it comes to football talk on here, but how many years have we heard the B10 is OSU and a bunch of overrated teams, heck sometimes OSU is lumped into that category. If that’s always the narrative on here, then an elite UK team should be able to take on any B10 team, not named OSU.

  4. #109
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,523

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I always view you as rational when it comes to football talk on here, but how many years have we heard the B10 is OSU and a bunch of overrated teams, heck sometimes OSU is lumped into that category. If thatís always the narrative on here, then an elite UK team should be able to take on any B10 team, not named OSU.
    Well it is OSU and a bunch of overrated teams ...but the truth is that Penn State is still better than Kentucky. Could UK pull off a win, sure. But UK's season while great, was very fortunate also. They beat Florida, Miss St, Missouri and nearly A&M but every team played much better down the stretch than UK did...in fact the ESPN FPI has them all ranked over the same UK team that beat them.

    Kinda like when Wichata State was having an all-time great season and played a middle of the road UK team. UK's middle of the road was better than their best ever. Penn State doesn't need their best to beat UK...UK does.

  5. #110
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,841

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Well it is OSU and a bunch of overrated teams ...but the truth is that Penn State is still better than Kentucky. Could UK pull off a win, sure. But UK's season while great, was very fortunate also. They beat Florida, Miss St, Missouri and nearly A&M but every team played much better down the stretch than UK did...in fact the ESPN FPI has them all ranked over the same UK team that beat them.

    Kinda like when Wichata State was having an all-time great season and played a middle of the road UK team. UK's middle of the road was better than their best ever. Penn State doesn't need their best to beat UK...UK does.
    I’d go with you on this if Penn St. didn’t lose 42-7 to Michigan.

  6. #111
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,523

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I’d go with you on this if Penn St. didn’t lose 42-7 to Michigan.
    Tennessee 24 Kentucky 7...see I can do that too.

  7. #112
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    41,941

    Penn State 45-24

  8. #113
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    10,132

    Only one team has scored more than 24 against UK. That was Georgia.

    I like the Cats chances. The D will keep it close.

  9. #114
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    30,746

    The forecast for tomorrow is for partly cloudy skies, 10% chance of rain, 71% humidity, and the temp about 80 degrees at game time. High will be 82.

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,939

    Just arrived in Catlanta, next stop Orlando.

  11. #116

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    10,556

    Hopefully Kentucky offense is more dynamic in this game. Loosen up the reigns on Wilson and leverage all the receiving corp. A big defensive game is the other ingredient for a Kentucky win.

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,742

    Years ago there was a Bowl called the Tangerine Bowl. Is the Citrus Bowl an outgrowth of it or a completely different entity?

  13. #118
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    ďI've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,449

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Years ago there was a Bowl called the Tangerine Bowl. Is the Citrus Bowl an outgrowth of it or a completely different entity?
    Per Google: The game was first played as the Tangerine Bowl in 1947 before being renamed as the Florida Citrus Bowl in 1983. When Capital One was the game's title sponsor between 2001 to 2014, the game was referred to simply as the Capital One Bowl from 2003 to 2014.

  14. #119

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,939

    And we have arrived in Orlando. 13 hours until kickoff.

  15. #120
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    41,941

    Penn State leads the series 3-2,with a 1-0 bowl record against the Cats.

Top