Kentucky Recruiting 2018

Page 12 of They have 3 verbals as of now and have a huge recruiting weekend this weekend. They are trending very well for 4 kids from Ohio. Blue Smith Xavier Pete... 178 comments | 23614 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #166

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,420

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Especially with losing the higher rated Peters. They had a huge void and filled it.
    I’m also a bit biased as i coached this kid in baseball when he was in 6th and 7th grade. He was a solid catcher back then and didn’t know which sport he liked better. Football seemed to pan out quite well for him though. Although I didn’t see him going to Kentucky. As for Peters, I’m excited as a Nole fan, IF he can qualify.
    Advertisement

  2. #167
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    I stand with our soldiers who defend our flag.
    Posts
    21,461

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    Iím also a bit biased as i coached this kid in baseball when he was in 6th and 7th grade. He was a solid catcher back then and didnít know which sport he liked better. Football seemed to pan out quite well for him though. Although I didnít see him going to Kentucky. As for Peters, Iím excited as a Nole fan, IF he can qualify.
    They both have to get in, if they take care of things in the spring/summer, both should.

  3. #168

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,420

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    They both have to get in, if they take care of things in the spring/summer, both should.
    Is he a qualifier issue too?

  4. #169

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    The Lewis kid is a monster tackle 6'9 350 pounds.

  5. #170
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    I stand with our soldiers who defend our flag.
    Posts
    21,461

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    Is he a qualifier issue too?
    Hopefully not.

  6. #171

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Sugartit
    Posts
    11,390

    Overall, Stoops has to be pleased with this class. Missed on kids like Peters and the QB Williams, but overall filled some needs.
    Rivals had them at #30 after yesterday and seem more bullish than other services. Top 30 class is really solid but you have to chuckle that it only qualifies as #11 in the conference.
    I like that they are going into Florida and picking up players...I believe 9 total from the Sunshine State.
    Smoke and Oats were nice late pickups.

  7. #172
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    I stand with our soldiers who defend our flag.
    Posts
    21,461

    Quote Originally Posted by letabrotherspeak View Post
    Overall, Stoops has to be pleased with this class. Missed on kids like Peters and the QB Williams, but overall filled some needs.
    Rivals had them at #30 after yesterday and seem more bullish than other services. Top 30 class is really solid but you have to chuckle that it only qualifies as #11 in the conference.
    I like that they are going into Florida and picking up players...I believe 9 total from the Sunshine State.
    Smoke and Oats were nice late pickups.
    Statistically, it’s one of his lowest rated classes. Williams and Peters and Riegelsperger caused that though. That also shows how well he’s recruited over the past 2-3 years. Falling from top 25 to top 35 isn’t the end of the world.

  8. #173

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    I like this class better than most classes he recruited.

  9. #174

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,408

    Kolbe Langhi has been offered PWO.

  10. #175

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,408

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    Kolbe Langhi has been offered PWO.
    He accepted the offer.

  11. #176
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,865

    I've heard a couple people talking about potential of a graduate transfer or two.

    Anyone of the folks in the know heard anything.?

  12. #177

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,408

    Dayton Wayne's Ahmad Wagner has decided to end his basketball career at Iowa and be a WR for UK. UK recruited him hard out of college but he wanted to play roundball.

    Two years remaining. I was talking to a Wayne coach who says he has the potential to play pro ball.

  13. #178
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,692

    Collin Hartmann TE/DL out of Somerset signed recently with UK but I'm not sure the status of the offer if it was a PWO/GreyShirt/Regular Signing.

    6'5" 250 and only played two years of High School Football.

  14. #179

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,408

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Collin Hartmann TE/DL out of Somerset signed recently with UK but I'm not sure the status of the offer if it was a PWO/GreyShirt/Regular Signing.

    6'5" 250 and only played two years of High School Football.
    I don't think he's on scholarship yet but he had some nice PWO offers including Ohio State. Originally committed to WKU.

Top