Kentucky 40 Missouri 34

Page 3 of Final. Lucky to get this one the way defense played. But we will take it!... 60 comments | 1634 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,779

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Worst 5-1 football team in nation!!
    That's a lot better than being the best 2-4 team in the nation.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Location
    california,ky
    Posts
    140

    I hope you all are right about this football team. I'm not seeing it!!!!
    We were told that this would be a strong team. Sliding by teams like e.k.u.,and a bad Missouri team......at home!!! , is not impressive. I'm not drinking the blue kool aid yet! But a win,is a win. I guess we will see. Good luck cats!

  3. #33
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,779

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    I’ll be shocked if UK doesn’t finish 9-3. I can’t really see them losing to UT, Ole Miss, and Vandy. But then again it is Kentucky football so nothing would shock me. I do think they’ll beat UofL, they’re only as good as Lamar is and as long as UK stays heathy I see them winning.
    They should be favored over Louisville too.

  4. #34
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,580

    You all are pitiful. I've seen many years where this team would be 1-5.

    Yeah it's great to have expectations and expect them to keep getting better.

    But we are UK football, where we might have the 25th best recruiting class in America and only have the 10th best in the SEC.

    Just be happy we are on pace for a bowl game, that's all we want anyway.

  5. #35
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    19,848

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Missouri got hosed there at the end on the extra long time it took to spot the ball, and there should have been a holding or pass interference on that last play.
    Ahhh...man, don't spoil the party!
    The Cats have had enough of their own heart breaking calls throughout the years.

  6. #36
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Regardless of color, all soldiers who fall come back wearing red, white, and blue.
    Posts
    20,083

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    If Georgia is their next loss, consider me tickled...
    I missed Mississippi State but the SEC hasnít recovered from its crash, which is hard to believe their in such a deep recession.

  7. #37
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    I think at Starkville is going to be tough. UTK at home should be fine. They shouldn't even waste the jet fuel going to Athens. UofL is still a toss up for me. UK doesn't have the types of dudes up front on defense to give Lamar fits, but UofL won't have an answer for UK offense either. Can you imagine how crazy Kroger will be if UK goes into that game 9-2? It will be the biggest game in UK history.

  8. #38
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    You all are pitiful. I've seen many years where this team would be 1-5.

    Yeah it's great to have expectations and expect them to keep getting better.

    But we are UK football, where we might have the 25th best recruiting class in America and only have the 10th best in the SEC.

    Just be happy we are on pace for a bowl game, that's all we want anyway.
    Just goes to show how bad the coaching is in the SEC over the past 5-6 years.

  9. #39
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    591

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I think at Starkville is going to be tough. UTK at home should be fine. They shouldn't even waste the jet fuel going to Athens. UofL is still a toss up for me. UK doesn't have the types of dudes up front on defense to give Lamar fits, but UofL won't have an answer for UK offense either. Can you imagine how crazy Kroger will be if UK goes into that game 9-2? It will be the biggest game in UK history.
    I like UK’s chances of containing Lamar more than I do UofL’s chances of containing the UK offense because that defense is awful... Bobby will be looking for another job after 2 straight losses to the Cats and his buddy Tommy Boy being fired as AD as well.

  10. #40
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,580

    Did they ever say what happened to the backup Quarterback, why did he collapse?

  11. #41
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    I like UK’s chances of containing Lamar more than I do UofL’s chances of containing the UK offense because that defense is awful... Bobby will be looking for another job after 2 straight losses to the Cats and his buddy Tommy Boy being fired as AD as well.
    Bobby P isn't going anywhere. Also both defenses are equally terrible. UK just hasn't really played anyone who can show people just how bad they are defensively. The best offense they have played was yesterday. UK always plays to the level of the competition so I think they will be fine in every game except Georgia though.

  12. #42
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,649

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeman49 View Post
    Worst 5-1 football team in nation!!
    In some ways, that is a good thing for UK fans. They are finding a way to win ugly. In the past (as we saw in the Florida game) they would play good enough to win but find a way to lose. All that matters is what is on the scoreboard at the end of the day.

  13. #43
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    591

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Did they ever say what happened to the backup Quarterback, why did he collapse?
    I believe it was a Seziure, that’s what Tom Leach said at least.

  14. #44
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Regardless of color, all soldiers who fall come back wearing red, white, and blue.
    Posts
    20,083

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I think at Starkville is going to be tough. UTK at home should be fine. They shouldn't even waste the jet fuel going to Athens. UofL is still a toss up for me. UK doesn't have the types of dudes up front on defense to give Lamar fits, but UofL won't have an answer for UK offense either. Can you imagine how crazy Kroger will be if UK goes into that game 9-2? It will be the biggest game in UK history.
    Is it though, UK beat State last year. Granted the talent seems to have traded roles in 2017? I’m hoping to get decent odds on UK.

  15. #45
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,183

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Is it though, UK beat State last year. Granted the talent seems to have traded roles in 2017? I’m hoping to get decent odds on UK.
    The fact that it is in Starkville is what gives me pause on picking UK.

Top